Windows 10: All files and folders are locked to Read-only and I need to allow my game Skyrim SE and...

Discus and support All files and folders are locked to Read-only and I need to allow my game Skyrim SE and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All files and folders are locked to Read-only and I need to allow my game Skyrim SE and mods to write to game/files/mod folder and they can't I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackieBrideau, Nov 1, 2018.

1. All files and folders are locked to Read-only and I need to allow my game Skyrim SE and...

All files and folders are locked to Read-only and I need to allow my game Skyrim SE and mods to write to game/files/mod folder and they can't

I tried everything I could find on how to fix and remove read-only and have had zero success to date.

There has to be a simple fix for this

:)

JackieBrideau, Nov 1, 2018

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock [Solved]

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 1, 2018
  3. AddSub Win User
    Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Nov 1, 2018
  4. YoKid Win User

All files and folders are locked to Read-only and I need to allow my game Skyrim SE and...

Locking/Hiding Folders.

Hi,
    I'm just looking for another program that would let me hide/lock some of the folders on my computer. Of course, easy to use and doesnt effect my computer in anyway.

I am using "Folder Lock" at the moment, but it is causing some trouble with blue screens popping up randomly (the windrvNT.Sys). I did a little research and was told that I either need to uninstall Folder Lock or rename the windrvNT.sys file, but it's such a pain; so thats why I'm here looking for a better program to lock/hide my folders/files.

*Note: I'm looking for a "program", not a trick *Eek! All files and folders are locked to Read-only and I need to allow my game Skyrim SE and... :eek: .
    Thanks in Advance~

YoKid-

YoKid, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

All files and folders are locked to Read-only and I need to allow my game Skyrim SE and...

1. All files and folders are locked to Read-only and I need to allow my game Skyrim SE and... - Similar Threads - files folders are

2. All my folders are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my folders are read only: Everytime I try to uncheck the folders they go back to read onlyto clarify a few thingsI am the admin of the computerI already did the SFC scan and nothing came outWindows defender folder control access is offhappens in more than one hard driveI tried several things online...
  3. All my folders are read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my folders are read only: Everytime I try to uncheck the folders they go back to read onlyto clarify a few thingsI am the admin of the computerI already did the SFC scan and nothing came outWindows defender folder control access is offhappens in more than one hard driveI tried several things online...
  4. I am stuck in read-only all my folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am stuck in read-only all my folders and files: A black square is on all of my folders marking read-only. I have tried using TPM to maybe take it our of read-only mode by using Set-Disk or changing their file/folder permissions, and also check to see if DiskPart would work using the commands ATTRIBUTES or GPT to change...
  5. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  6. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  7. All Folders Read Only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Folders Read Only: Title explains it all. Every folder on my C:\ or D:\ drives is set to read-only. I am able to change that in the folder properties, but when I go back in after hitting apply it reverts to read-only again. I have tried changing the permissions on each drive, disabling...
  8. All folders are read-only

in Windows 10 Customization
    All folders are read-only: Just today I wanted to change the properties of one file in my music folder, but was unable to. After some digging around I found out that the folder it was in was a read-only folder, upon trying to uncheck the box, then closing it, it reverts itself to read-only. I have...
  9. All Folders Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Folders Read Only: All folders seem to be listed as Read Only. Do not have third party antivirus. Yes, I already checked Permissions and Ownership Yes, I have already followed every tutorial and suggestion on this site....
  10. all folders are read only

in Windows 10 Support
    all folders are read only: Today I discovered that all my files are read only. I had saved a spreadsheet yesterday, then today I went to open it and it said read only. Then I looked at other files and the read only box was checked. Even when I unchecked it, and closing the property box, when I opened...