Windows 10: ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!

Discus and support ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I had 3 years worth of files (thousands of files) in my Downloads folder which have all suddenly disappeared completely (Except for one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PrestigeEnglish, Mar 1, 2019.

1. ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!

Hi all,

I had 3 years worth of files (thousands of files) in my Downloads folder which have all suddenly disappeared completely (Except for one folder that contains 76 other folders, however their content have also vanished).

Unfortunately I don't have any back-ups of my my laptop or the Downloads folder.

I have not installed any new software; the only change(s) would probably be some kind of Update suggested via Windows.

I'm using an Acer laptop with Windows 10, and also have Norton Anti-Virus.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You!

:)

PrestigeEnglish, Mar 1, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 1, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared! upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Fred22 Win User

ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!

Picture folders mysteriously disappearing

I'm having a problem with folders in my picture files. I have one called "Art" which disappeared and I couuldn't find it anywhere. I tried file explorer to no avail. I replaced the Arts folder with an identical folder from my desktop and then suddenly a folder call "Home and Garden" disappeared. Any suggestions re how to locate these missing folders?

Fred22, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!

1. ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared! - Similar Threads - Files Folders 'Downloads'

2. Downloads folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder disappeared: Don't know what happened but it is completely gone - I don't think I deleted it. Can someone help me get it back? There is a thread on this board from October 2022, but that method did not work for me.Thx in advance...
  3. Downloads folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads folder disappeared: Don't know what happened but it is completely gone - I don't think I deleted it. Can someone help me get it back? There is a thread on this board from October 2022, but that method did not work for me.Thx in advance...
  4. Folder suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder suddenly disappears: Hello everyone,recently my documents folder disappears. At first I thought it was deleted by mistake, but the folder is gone again without doing anything. The folder is located on the main HDD. Every other folder is still there but the documents folder has now disappeared for...
  5. Folder suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder suddenly disappears: Hello everyone,recently my documents folder disappears. At first I thought it was deleted by mistake, but the folder is gone again without doing anything. The folder is located on the main HDD. Every other folder is still there but the documents folder has now disappeared for...
  6. Files and folders suddenly disappeared in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Files and folders suddenly disappeared in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]It’s uncommon, but if you cannot find your files and folders on your Windows 11/10 PC, you should be worried. Usually, it happens because you may have moved to another folder and deleted it. But if that’s not the case, it could be because of malware in the folder, and...
  7. My files in download folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files in download folder disappeared: I was today downloading a game of the net i was really careful about i had scanned it 10 times with 2 antiviruses and I did everything it was not a virus then later i was scared so just to be sure if its not suspicious i was looking at my folders. All folders were great but...
  8. Folder and all files in it suddenly gone

Folder and all files in it suddenly gone: I work on cover art and recently made a folder, in the middle of working on one i went to save my current cover but the folder was gone. Every file and trace is gone and i cant open anything. Anybody know anything about this?...
  9. Files in Download folder are disappeared

Files in Download folder are disappeared: I was still working with some files in the download folder on yesterday (06/01) but today after turn on my computer, all files in the download folder are gone. Is there anyway to fix this. My latest windows update is "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" on 1/1/2019...
  10. All my desktop file and folder disappeared

All my desktop file and folder disappeared: All my desktop file and folder disappeared. Application are there. File name extension and hidden folder view is checked. This was all a sudden after reboot, no update or new application were installed. Rebooted to repair VPN connection....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all files in download disappeared

2. my download suddenly disappear

3. downloads folder windows 10 suddenly disappeared

4. my files diaappeared from downloads