Windows 10: All files are downloading under onedrive

Discus and support All files are downloading under onedrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In this image as you can see, all my files are under Onedrive folder. Why it is like this ? I just want to be like this : " This pc -> Desktop"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EsatTEMEL, Dec 1, 2022.

1. EsatTEMEL Win User

All files are downloading under onedrive

In this image as you can see, all my files are under Onedrive folder. Why it is like this ? I just want to be like this : " This pc -> Desktop"

:)

EsatTEMEL, Dec 1, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 1, 2022
  3. S.D.K Win User
    File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Dec 1, 2022
  4. All files are downloading under onedrive

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

All files are downloading under onedrive

1. All files are downloading under onedrive - Similar Threads - files are downloading

2. All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...: Anytime I download something instead of going to my recent downloads or downloads file it goes to a folder under my Documents file. I've tried reseting the original file location to fix this but nothing is working....
  3. All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...: Anytime I download something instead of going to my recent downloads or downloads file it goes to a folder under my Documents file. I've tried reseting the original file location to fix this but nothing is working....
  4. All files are downloading under onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files are downloading under onedrive: In this image as you can see, all my files are under Onedrive folder. Why it is like this ? I just want to be like this : " This pc -> Desktop" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-are-downloading-under-onedrive/dc2e46e2-2bba-4e05-8d2e-7d5b51d44978
  5. In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos"

In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos": When I put image files e.g. JPGs in a folder OneDrive "My Files" folder, they seem to be automatically copied to "Photos".Is there a way to stop this? I do not use OneDrive to manage my Photos. When I do put image files under "My Files", they are things like scanned docs,...
  6. Undeleted PDF file under Downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undeleted PDF file under Downloads: I have a pdf file under Downloads folder that failed to be deleted. I have no idea why it happens but notice the file name is quite long - >251 characters. I tried to rename it but failed too. The file with this long file name was downloaded from a government website. Can...
  7. Undeleted PDF file under Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeleted PDF file under Downloads: I have a pdf file under Downloads folder that failed to be deleted. I have no idea why it happens but notice the file name is quite long - >251 characters. I tried to rename it but failed too. The file with this long file name was downloaded from a government website. Can...
  8. Undeleted PDF file under Downloads

9. OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES!: Well, for some unknown reason ALL my OneDrive files are LOST. Anyway to get them back? A message on my Win10Pro system said I could recover them from the Recycle Bin but they aren't there. Zilch. Thoughts? This wasn't during an upgrade. I have been copying pictures and...
  10. Edge Chromium downloads all OneDrive files when uploading a file

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium downloads all OneDrive files when uploading a file: Hey guys, I noticed something peculiar: When uploading a file, such as a picture, by pressing the corresponding "Upload" button on any website, and then browsing through the OneDrive files in the browsing box that pops up, I noticed that Edge Chromium downloads all the shown...