Windows 10: All files become (.werd) files after reset windows.

Discus and support All files become (.werd) files after reset windows. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hye! I need help A.S.A.P! Here are my Windows 10 details: Windows Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language System: Processor: Intel(R)... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GG (tujiee), Oct 25, 2019.

1. All files become (.werd) files after reset windows.

Hye! I need help A.S.A.P!

Here are my Windows 10 details:

Windows Edition:

• Windows 10 Home Single Language

System:

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 GHz
    • Intalled Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
    • System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

The problem as I mention in the title. I dont know why it happend. I reset it because the windows (File Explorer) lagging. Other apps like chrome, photoshop, etc, can be use normally. Only the file explorer or any windows related apps. Such as, Store, Task Manager, Settings, Search, Taskbar is lagging or crash after few minutes. All become black after its crash but the chrome and photoshop app can be used normally.

So, I have left some Details and Story to the questions. I hope someone can help this in this matter. As the saved psd & ai file will end as (.psd.werd or .ai.werd). All files including in D. I need to finish my assignment or my boss will kick my **** please HELP!!

* Moved from Win10/Files

:)

GG (tujiee), Oct 25, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 25, 2019
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

All files become (.werd) files after reset windows.

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

All files become (.werd) files after reset windows.

1. All files become (.werd) files after reset windows. - Similar Threads - files become werd

2. all my photo files have suddenly become xfivsslxy files or XKAMEJS File .xkamejs files and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    all my photo files have suddenly become xfivsslxy files or XKAMEJS File .xkamejs files and...: all my photo files have suddenly become xfivsslxy files or XKAMEJS File .xkamejs files and I cant open them. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/all-my-photo-files-have-suddenly-become-xfivsslxy/aee9f831-4c19-4ca1-97bc-d7ea21dca976
  3. File becomes TMP File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File becomes TMP File: So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I download it says "Couldn't download - No permissions"...
  4. File becomes TMP File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File becomes TMP File: So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I download it says "Couldn't download - No permissions"...
  5. All files become temp files ~$

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files become temp files ~$: Hi,All the files in one of the folder on my mum's laptop has suddenly disappeared, in each and every subfolder. Other folders in the D drive are unscathed. I unhid the protected operating system files and was able to see all the temp files. have the files been corrupted....
  6. all files have become read only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    all files have become read only: in windows 10 all files have become read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-have-become-read-only/0ba89393-e14d-4c97-9485-a610f66646c8
  7. All drives and all files have become read-only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All drives and all files have become read-only: I noticed this 3 days ago after restarting my PC that I couldn't make any new folders. I then did some looking around and realised my drives (SSD boot drive and HDD secondary) were both read-only. I've tried unticking the read-only box in properties of the folders but they...
  8. Werd files

Werd files: To all My computer seems to be affected. All my files will not open. They have a WERD extension or something. How can I sort this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/werd-files/9e2edc39-c08b-4247-8cf8-c9565d42beea"
  9. All files become (.werd) files after reset windows.

All files become (.werd) files after reset windows.: Hye! I need help A.S.A.P! Here are my Windows 10 details: Windows Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language System: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 GHz Intalled Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable) System Type: 64-bit Operating System,...
  10. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...