Windows 10: All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down

Discus and support All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer carried out an automatic update. When it restarted and I logged back into my account my login photo is now gone, my desktop appeared like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nor2012, May 10, 2022.

1. Nor2012 Win User

All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down

My computer carried out an automatic update. When it restarted and I logged back into my account my login photo is now gone, my desktop appeared like factory settings but did show existing software I have downloaded.I have found my files in C:\Users which was a relief! However, every time my computer shuts down, everything resets again. This also includes my webpages including recently used sites, etc.. I cannot access Settings. Nothing appears after I click settings when I right click the Windows button. I cannot type anything in the search bar. And when I've gotten close to clicking Set

:)

Nor2012, May 10, 2022

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 10, 2022
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 10, 2022
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE

Hi,

The issue that you are experiencing can be due to data/file corruption. For us to isolate why the issue is happening, we would like to ask for additional information:

• How did you update the computer automatically through Windows update or via Media Creation Tool?
    • Is the issue happening only on a specific folder (with sub-folder) on your Desktop?

Furthermore, as an initial troubleshooting we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Find lost files after the update to Windows 10. It consists of information on how we can locate your files.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, May 10, 2022
Thema:

1. All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down - Similar Threads - files desktop gone

2. All Desktop Files Gone After Uninstalling File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Desktop Files Gone After Uninstalling File: Hello all, I recently downloaded a file, and after a failed download, I decided to delete it, and try again. When clicking on the uninstall file that appeared after downloading, my entire desktop disappeared. The files were all gone, the apps that were located in on the...
  3. All Desktop Files Gone After Uninstalling File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Desktop Files Gone After Uninstalling File: Hello all, I recently downloaded a file, and after a failed download, I decided to delete it, and try again. When clicking on the uninstall file that appeared after downloading, my entire desktop disappeared. The files were all gone, the apps that were located in on the...
  4. All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down: My computer carried out an automatic update. When it restarted and I logged back into my account my login photo is now gone, my desktop appeared like factory settings but did show existing software I have downloaded.I have found my files in C:\Users which was a relief!...
  5. All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down: My computer carried out an automatic update. When it restarted and I logged back into my account my login photo is now gone, my desktop appeared like factory settings but did show existing software I have downloaded.I have found my files in C:\Users which was a relief!...
  6. Windows automatically starting after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows automatically starting after shut down: A week or so ago my system turned itself back on after I had done a shut down. I thought it was me but this has happened multiple times this past week. Because this is happening when I am trying to go to bed the only thing I have been able to do to stop it was to turn off my...
  7. Automatically shutting down after 1 hour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Automatically shutting down after 1 hour: Hello guys, Can anyone help me with that problem from yesterday my Windows 10 is going to automatically shutting down while i am working on it or still its idle also.I have tried every method but nothing works.Its 90 day trial version.70 days more remain active.From...
  8. Shut down computer automatically after sometime

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down computer automatically after sometime: Can someone tell me how to automatically completely shut down my desktop computer, not laptop, after a period of non use. I use windows 10 ***Original title: shut down desk topcomputer***...
  9. All files in downloads folder gone after restart/shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    All files in downloads folder gone after restart/shut down?: Hi everyone, So this morning, I turned on my PC to discover that my downloads folder is now completely empty (I had put a few folders and files in there and downloaded some programs, all gone now). Even shortcuts that I placed on the desktop have disappeared, and I had to...
  10. After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while

in Windows 10 Support
    After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while: After the latest update my pc automatically enters sleep mode and, if left alone shuts down completely after about an hour. In system settings I was able to find the sleep settings and reset the monitor time-out to 'never' and, I think, hard-drive sleep to 'never. This...