Windows 10: All files from Windows 10 went to Windows 8 C:Drive

Discus and support All files from Windows 10 went to Windows 8 C:Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've used AVG antivirus on my laptop for a while. And back in March when I clicked "yes" on the pop-up after I started my laptop, everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MayT_T, Apr 17, 2020.

1. MayT_T Win User

All files from Windows 10 went to Windows 8 C:Drive

Hi,

I've used AVG antivirus on my laptop for a while. And back in March when I clicked "yes" on the pop-up after I started my laptop, everything crashed so I thought, ok let me restart the computer. After restarting I freaked out because everything on my computer was gone. It turns out all of my files, documents, pictures etc are now in This PC--> Windows 8OS C: --> Users. How can I move everything back to Windows 10 again?

Thanks!

:)

MayT_T, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. All files from Windows 10 went to Windows 8 C:Drive - Similar Threads - files went Drive

2. My all drives went missing except c drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My all drives went missing except c drive.: I have not installed any new software. Also I have run all component tests on my Hp laptop. But all files are inaccessible which were stored in other drives except C. In “this pc” and at all other places I am only able to c drive and no other drives can be found....
  3. My all drives went missing except c drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My all drives went missing except c drive.: I have not installed any new software. Also I have run all component tests on my Hp laptop. But all files are inaccessible which were stored in other drives except C. In “this pc” and at all other places I am only able to c drive and no other drives can be found....
  4. All files on partitions missing apart from C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files on partitions missing apart from C: drive: Hello all,I recently installed a new NVMe drive to add to my "collection" of storage medium. I was going to transfer my OS from my previous drive to this new one using a System-Image, but that failed in spectacular ways. I then thought about the issue and decided that I'd...
  5. All files on partitions missing apart from C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files on partitions missing apart from C: drive: Hello all,I recently installed a new NVMe drive to add to my "collection" of storage medium. I was going to transfer my OS from my previous drive to this new one using a System-Image, but that failed in spectacular ways. I then thought about the issue and decided that I'd...
  6. My C Drive storage went from 119gb to 103gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C Drive storage went from 119gb to 103gb: So I have a Dell G3 15 laptop that I got in 2019, with a C Drive that up until recently showed it could store 119gb of storage. It's always run pretty slow, despite me moving many programs to the D Drive to free up space in the C Drive. In the past week, I've noticed that my...
  7. Windows 10...moving files from C: to another drive

Windows 10...moving files from C: to another drive: My C: drive is relatively small, and I have a huge D: drive that is unused. What files/groups can I move safely from C to D without losing the support of Windows 10 updates?...
  8. Went from 8 GB available on my C drive to it saying "NTFS". Nothing was downloaded or added...

Went from 8 GB available on my C drive to it saying "NTFS". Nothing was downloaded or added...: Today I was downloading a game on Steam (To my D drive) when the game stopped downloading and said there was not enough disk space. Nothing unusual, as this happens sometimes. The message was pointing to my SSD, the C drive. So I went to "Add or remove programs" to free up...
  9. Lost all files in C Drive.

Lost all files in C Drive.: I need help from technical support urgently. I lost all my files in all folders - Music, Download etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-files-in-c-drive/2c95561b-1182-47fe-8b2f-96cf46b9c2c6"
  10. Is it Possible to Recover Files from Windows 8->8->10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it Possible to Recover Files from Windows 8->8->10?: Hi, My boyfriend was running a bootlegged version of Windows 8. I reinstalled his Windows to a legitimate version of Windows 8 so that he could get the free upgrade upgrade to Windows 10. When we went from Windows 8-->Windows 8, the only option the installer gave us...