Windows 10: All files have "Run as administrator" right-click menu entry

Discus and support All files have "Run as administrator" right-click menu entry in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have updated my PC to 21H, there's now "run as administrator" right-click menu entry on every file. i don't want this. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sm555777, May 19, 2021.

1. Sm555777 Win User

All files have "Run as administrator" right-click menu entry

Hello, I have updated my PC to 21H, there's now "run as administrator" right-click menu entry on every file. i don't want this. Is there any way to remove this entry, and leave it only for executables?

:)

Sm555777, May 19, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown All files have "Run as administrator" right-click menu entry :(

ArmoredCavalry, May 19, 2021
  4. Arrep Win User

Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed

Hi there,

I have two entries in my Start Menu that can't be removed. Both the programs have been uninstalled from my computer, but their entries are still there.

I tried:

1. Going to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs to remove them there, but they aren't listed there either.
    2. Clicking on the entries in the Start Menu. Nothing happens.
    3. Right clicking and selecting "Uninstall", nothing happens.
    4. Right clicking, going to "More" and selecting "Run as administrator". Nothing happens.
    5. Right clicking, going to "More" and selecting "App Settings". Opens and list of apps, and of course, it doesn't list these entries, as they've been uninstalled.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Arrep, May 19, 2021
Thema:

1. All files have "Run as administrator" right-click menu entry - Similar Threads - files Run administrator

2. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  3. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  4. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  5. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  6. Can’t right click and run as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can’t right click and run as administrator: Hi Even tried the built in administrator account, but when e.g.I right click on notepad and select run as administrator, nothing happens. Is there a solution to this ? Please thanks 179924
  7. Remove right click menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove right click menu entry: Hi, recently I installed a software game which created an entry in the right-click menu of desktop i.e. this entry only appears when I right-click on the desktop. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] Now, I want to remove it but I don't know how to do it,...
  8. Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens: Hello folks I have been struggling with this issue for a while now, but it seems that right-clicking something in the start menu to run as administrator is not working, as absolutely nothing happens. I can launch things such as command prompt with no admin permissions just...
  9. Onedrive right click menu entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive right click menu entries: How do I remove them? Recently it added one for 'move to Onedrive' which uses the same shortcut key as 'rename'. This is annoying and I want it gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-right-click-menu-entries/c27c6a68-fc26-4f2e-a8fb-230c62ff3b96"
  10. Why I have "Run as Administrator" on all files context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why I have "Run as Administrator" on all files context menu?: Why I have "Run as Administrator" on all files context menu, it is supposed to be just on executables and batch files, right? 45558