Windows 10: ALL FILES HAVE VANISHED PLEASE HELP

Discus and support ALL FILES HAVE VANISHED PLEASE HELP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I'm sitting here working along business as usual and I go to open a document and imagine my shock when the entire documents folder is empty. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack2343, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Jack2343 Win User

ALL FILES HAVE VANISHED PLEASE HELP

So I'm sitting here working along business as usual and I go to open a document and imagine my shock when the entire documents folder is empty. My desktop is blank except the recycle bin. EVERY folder in the entire C drive is 'empty'.

The first thing I noticed was that my 'public' folder was gone from the 'users' directory, but my personal user folder was still there. Now, both the personal folder and also the 'users' folder are both gone.

HOWEVER, I am able to still navigate to the folders within those folders, if I know the exact file path and type it into the file explorer bar. For example if I type in C:/users/public it will open the public folder, even though if I open the 'users' folder it says there is nothing in it, just like if I open the C: folder it says there is no users folder there.

This is insane. How can I fix this?? Reboot did not help.

:)

Jack2343, Sep 28, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Vanishing icon on desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Toothless Win User

Vanishing wireless card!

Then I may have to get one. Any suggestions on a specific card?

Do note that this "vanishing card" has NEVER happened before until I got my netbook back up and running about 6-8 months of no usage.

Toothless, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. ALL FILES HAVE VANISHED PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads - FILES VANISHED PLEASE

2. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help: I just turned my laptop back on after restarting it and a lot of the files, folders, documents and games that I had on the desktop have suddenly vanished, there's still about 30% of them left, how do I get my missing items back?!?!?...
  3. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help: I just turned my laptop back on after restarting it and a lot of the files, folders, documents and games that I had on the desktop have suddenly vanished, there's still about 30% of them left, how do I get my missing items back?!?!?...
  4. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  5. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  6. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Outlook email hacked/all incoming messages until 16Mar2021 vanished/ please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook email hacked/all incoming messages until 16Mar2021 vanished/ please help: Hello I noticed that all messages in my outlook account before 16Mar2021 have vanished, no more folders are empty or inbox messages before that date. Please let me know what to do? I am disappointed and shocked that that could happen. I have all my infos in these account...
  8. Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished: My documents, photos and folders were saved to the One Drive folder seemingly automatically without my consent even though they also appeared in my folders on my PC. I did not want to use cloud based storage. I would get messages to sign in to one drive but never did, still...
  9. HELP PLEASE ALL MY FILES ARE GONE !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP PLEASE ALL MY FILES ARE GONE !: This happened to me last week when I tried to restart and update my windows, I literally have no clue what happened even some of the driver is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-all-my-files-are-gone/1c9c0682-f4c7-41c0-9cb0-29aa624a11b6
  10. All files vanished in the process of copying

in Windows 10 Support
    All files vanished in the process of copying: Desktop PC Windows 10 home 64b. purchased 5 months ago. This has happened 2 times in 3 months: An SD memory card was taken out of a DSLR after shooting 30 or 40 photos and inserted into the above said PC for copying the photos. A message showed up saying something like an...