Windows 10: All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder

Discus and support All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I booted my computer and found that all of my files went missing in the "Downloads" folder as seen in the files explorer. However, some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryYin, Feb 18, 2019.

1. HarryYin Win User

All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder

So I booted my computer and found that all of my files went missing in the "Downloads" folder as seen in the files explorer.

However, some of the files and folders were available in the left column, however when I clicked It It says "LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE".

When i right clicked the file or the folders that were previously in the downloads folder, and clicked properties, the file size displayed was 0kb.

Please help I did not backup any of the files in that folder and some of them were quite important for me.

thanks.

:)

HarryYin, Feb 18, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 18, 2019
  4. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder - Similar Threads - Files missing Downloads

2. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  3. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  4. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files missing from folder

Files missing from folder: After I changed the icon of a folder on the desktop, all the files in the folder are missing. Also, all the subfolders in the folder are intact. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-missing-from-folder/6e4fec4d-3999-4826-9b92-2f7c3861b081
  6. Downloads folder not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder not showing all files: I just noticed that my downloads folder seemed to have less files in it then when I remembered. Currently I can only see 800 files but when I check the properties it says there are 4000 files which makes a lot more sense. I have show hidden files on enabled and everything...
  7. Downloads Folder - All Older Files Missing

Downloads Folder - All Older Files Missing: Hi All Do not know how and why but I am not able to see any files previously download into Downloads folder. I only see files from 26-Oct-2019 onwards but nothing earlier than that. I right clicked on folder to see if it can restore and previous versions but it seems...
  8. Items missing from Download folder

Items missing from Download folder: I am running Windows 10 with latest update. Recently I opened the Downloads folder and all of the items in it were gone. I had a lot of items in it from previous downloads and now it is empty. I anyone has a solution, please post....
  9. Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow: I accidentally moved my downloads to the wrong folder. I managed to sort that out but I created an odd situation. I have 2 folders with download arrow icons, one named mgran and one named Downloads. The Quick Access is pointing to the correct Downloads, the other is my...
  10. Missing folders from the "User's File" folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing folders from the "User's File" folder: This is weird. I've just done a clean install of Win10Pro64 (as I have many times before) and I have something odd happening with the "User's File" folder icon on the desktop (put there from desktop>personalise>themes>desktop-icon-settings). When I open up my user files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downloads missing from folder

2. downloads missing from download folder