Windows 10: All files missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history

Discus and support All files missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help I'm on Windows 10, 1903. I put the computer to sleep and on waking it, all my files are missing, including media files, document files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dk_raven, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Dk_raven Win User

All files missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history

Help

I'm on Windows 10, 1903. I put the computer to sleep and on waking it, all my files are missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history.

:)

Dk_raven, Nov 6, 2019

2. Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Threw a program together quick for you. It is attached with source in the other. Use it in place of your VBScript.

It supports:
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon index]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file] [icon index]

If "icon index" is missing, it assumes 0. If "icon file" is missing it assumes "path to run." It doesn't presently support arguments to be added to the shortcut nor modifying the working directory (always assumes same directory as "path to run").

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run. Will run natively on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

No error, when I run the BAT file the CMD prompt shows and looks like it did stuff. But no shortcut on my Desktop.

Flava0ne, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Flava0ne Win User

All files missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Tried both of the VB Scripts that you provided and adding the 9 switch to the batch file but neither was able to create a shortcut to my desktop.

Flava0ne, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. All files missing, including media files, document files and browser shortcuts and history - Similar Threads - files missing including

2. File History Restore is Missing Many Files!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Restore is Missing Many Files!!!: I am running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 5 2017 in a strictly controlled corporate environment. We've had many problems with these Surface Pro machines dying on us, and so a few months ago, I decided I wanted to protect my many important files from a hardware malfunction....
  3. File missing all the words in the document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File missing all the words in the document: ok, I got maybe a unique one for you all... today I turned on a laptop I have not turned on in over a year. i needed a document i had saved on it and was able to access it. I changed one line in the document hit the save icon and was about to send it to myself in email...
  4. File History missing files

File History missing files: Summary: My File History seems to be missing files. I have File History on. When I go to Restore Personal Files, I don't see all directories and if I search for a file, not all files are found although some in missing directories do. Details on missing subdirectories:...
  5. File-document history

File-document history: When I press the Microsoft-logo button and the Tab button simultaneously, the site-history files no longer show daily actions. Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home...
  6. Recover deleted account including all files / documents

Recover deleted account including all files / documents: Hi - Just purchased a new laptop and I've been so smart to make new accounts for the family members and when done deleted the standard account that came with the computer - i did made sure that one of the new account my own was setup as admin. However we have been working...
  7. Shortcut to a DOCUMENT in Shared File

Shortcut to a DOCUMENT in Shared File: Is there a way to create a shortcut to a particular file in a shared file and not just a short cut to the whole shared filed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-to-a-document-in-shared-file/fe47d47f-9059-41b8-b9e0-851a01e751d8"
  8. File History Setting Included Files and Folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File History Setting Included Files and Folders: It is fairly obvious how one can EXCLUDE Folders and Files from drive C: but: How can I set File History to INCLUDE Folders and Files from another drive built in to my PC e.g. Data (D:)?...
  9. Files and documents are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files and documents are missing: I’ve bought a new computer and want to share all my files and documents from the old computer to the new one. I installed Windows 10 on my old computer two years ago. My new computer is HP laptop running Windows 10. My files were on OneDrive and I checked them a couple of...
  10. Shortcut file referent does not include file extension

Shortcut file referent does not include file extension: What options or file extension settings and registry entries might result in shortcut files being produced without the file extension included in the shortcut reference? Is a direct edit of the shortcut manually to add the proper extension the only way to fix these...