Windows 10: All files on onedrive and hard drive encrypted by .vyb extension

Discus and support All files on onedrive and hard drive encrypted by .vyb extension in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings, Suddenly today i have lost all of my documents For example a PDF file now has a extension of .VYB this ransomware after encrypting files... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SimpleAlpaca, Nov 30, 2020.

1. All files on onedrive and hard drive encrypted by .vyb extension

Greetings,

Suddenly today i have lost all of my documents For example a PDF file now has a extension of .VYB this ransomware after encrypting files left a . txt document with name "!!!RESTOREPROCESS!!!"

When i opened it there was a message asking for money:-

All your important files were encrypted on this PC.

All files with .VYB extension are encrypted.

Encryption was produced using unique private key RSA-1024 generated for this computer.

To decrypt your files, you need to obtain private key + decrypt software.

To retrieve the private key and decrypt software, you need to contact us by email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** send us an email your !!!RestoreProcess!!!.txt file and wait for further instructions.

For you to be sure, that we can decrypt your files - you can send us a 1-3 any not very big encrypted files and we will send you back it in a original form FREE.

Price for decryption $600 if you contact us first 72 hours.

Your personal id:

5QDwX38ApBptxAvLONsohcyWyDsZhoeW15GuYzU5

E-mail address to contact us:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Reserve email address to contact us:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Also The ransomware has deleted the shadow copies of the files so recovery is not possibe. Also the Emisoft decryptor is unknown of this extension.

Now I have lost all of my documents in all partitons and libraries and i don`t have latest backup of these files. IS there any way to decrypt this new extension.

Thanks for your precious time.

Regards

:)

SimpleAlpaca, Nov 30, 2020

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 30, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    OneDrive encryption

Hi Bill

Bitlocker Encryption only exists on files on your hard drive, once the files are copied form your hard drive, the encryption is lost . .

If you want to keep an encrypted copy on OneDrive, the best method would be to use a utility that can zip up those files and encrypt the contents

For example the totally free 7Zip can be used to zip and encrypt those files . . ..

7-Zip

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Nov 30, 2020
  4. All files on onedrive and hard drive encrypted by .vyb extension

Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

All files on onedrive and hard drive encrypted by .vyb extension

1. All files on onedrive and hard drive encrypted by .vyb extension - Similar Threads - files onedrive hard

2. onedrive and hard drive file problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive and hard drive file problems: After setting up my device I wanted to change my OneDrive settings, remove my files from it, and uninstall the program. Under my OneDrive account I selected the files that had automatically been uploaded and clicked "Free up space". This removed all the files from my computer...
  3. Files encrypted with .zqqw extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files encrypted with .zqqw extension: Split from this thread.New variant reported with .zqqw extension.and I'm one of the ones affected by this virus.. please help if u have solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/files-encrypted-with-zqqw-extension/38040691-a4f2-44a5-b5ae-2009346577a0
  4. Files encrypted with .iqll extension

Files encrypted with .iqll extension: Split from this thread.Sadly I've just infected by this one : Some of my files on Onedrive have been encrypted.May I recover them as they are archived in my Onedrive acc?Thank you...
  5. All Files changed to .vYB format

All Files changed to .vYB format: Hi, Recently all my files are changed to .vyb instead of usual one also now my file are unable to open on all drives i have lost almost 3 years of work And i am getting a bsod with a phone number to call microsoft. How to fix this file extension? Also it has happened...
  6. Every file has changed to .vyb extension

Every file has changed to .vyb extension: Greetings, Today when i was searching my files i was shocked to see them change to .vyb extension as in the picture below and there was a ransom note asking for money:- and it has also deleted my activation status ---------------------------------------------- ALL YOUR...
  7. All files encrypted by .vyb extension

All files encrypted by .vyb extension: Hello, When i was browsing my drive i found out that all of my files are changed to .vyb extension and there was a doecument asking for money:- All your files have been encrypted with MARS Virus. Your unique id: 3F393ECDA3C94C76AE1100E0103D64D2 Our virus encrypted 12590...
  8. All files on Document library encrypted with .vvoa and .vyb extension

All files on Document library encrypted with .vvoa and .vyb extension: Greetings, I have been recently infected by the STOP virus and all of my critical buisness documents is encrypted by it and there was a document asking for ransom like the picture below and i have tried the decrypt tool and i have a online key please help![ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. All files encrypted by .contactus file extension

All files encrypted by .contactus file extension: Can you please help me all of my school documents are now encrypted by .contactus extension There was a readme.txt document which was not encrypted it had a message asking for $600 of ransom by bitcoin here is the message. note: !!!RESTORE_FILES!!! All your...
  10. Encrypting a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypting a hard drive: Good day all, I don't even know if this is the correct place to ask this so if anyone has a better place either on this forum or elsewhere I would appreciate it. Basically I know very little about encryption beyond the basics of what it is. What I'm looking for is a program...