Windows 10: All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting

Discus and support All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all I have a frustrating problem after the latest update to windows 10. All my files are now set to read only and whenever I try to change them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BorderAussie, Jul 15, 2021.

1. All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting

Hello all I have a frustrating problem after the latest update to windows 10. All my files are now set to read only and whenever I try to change them to non read only they automatically revert to read only. I tried changing my permissions to full control but that did not work. I tried uninstalling the update but when I restarted the update was automatically reinstalled. Anyone have any ideas? I'm on windows 10 Home

:)

BorderAussie, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

USB 2 devices not reading after win 10 upgrade, latest INF driver installed.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to go to Manufacturer web site and download and install the latest chipset driver for your device and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and install all the updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Problem with 4500MHD to read Sony .mts files

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which player are you using?
    • Did you try to play the same video's using different player?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Install all the Windows updates including optional updates and check if it works.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to update the video driver from the device manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and select device manager.
    • Expand display adapter and right click on installed driver and click on update.
    Step 3:
    If doesn't work, I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 15, 2021
  4. ctrane2 Win User

All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting

files reverting to read only?

I keep having a problem where my game files are set to read-only and I can't save, when I try to stop the files from being read only throuth the normal means (just deselecting the option) it will revert to being read only as soon as I exit the tab. How
    do I solve this?

ctrane2, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting

1. All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting - Similar Threads - files set read

2. AppData keeps reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppData keeps reverting to Read Only: I need to change my AppData folder and all it’s contents so that they’re not read only. I’ve made myself administrator and transferred ownership of the folder to myself and activated full control, but every time I uncheck read only and apply it, it gives me a message saying...
  3. File keeps reverting after changing it to Read-Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File keeps reverting after changing it to Read-Only: To make it short, I need all files in one of the folders to be set as read-only and when I open the program 2 of the files are missing read-only checks. It's like its reverting to a previous state as soon as the program is opened. Is there any way to make these files...
  4. File keeps reverting after changing it to Read-Only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File keeps reverting after changing it to Read-Only: To make it short, I need all files in one of the folders to be set as read-only and when I open the program 2 of the files are missing read-only checks. It's like its reverting to a previous state as soon as the program is opened. Is there any way to make these files...
  5. File keeps reverting after changing it to Read-Only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. files reverting to read only?

files reverting to read only?: I keep having a problem where my game files are set to read-only and I can't save, when I try to stop the files from being read only throuth the normal means just deselecting the option it will revert to being read only as soon as I exit the tab. How do I solve this?...
  7. Files keep reverting to read only - nothing works

Files keep reverting to read only - nothing works: So brief history - I had some driver issues and then corrupt files so I had to do clean install of my pc. My C drive was wiped and had the windows reinstalled, and D drive not affected done by pc reset Then I reinstalled most of my apps and games as well as updating windows...
  8. Help needed - files keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed - files keep reverting to read only: So brief history - I had some driver issues and then corrupt files so I had to do clean install of my pc. My C drive was wiped and had the windows reinstalled, and D drive not affected (done by pc reset) Then I reinstalled most of my apps and games as well as updating...
  9. "Read-only" keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Read-only" keeps reverting: Let me start by saying that I have visited countless posts and read many articles on the topic. I have tried almost everything that I came across. its pointless to say, but hitting "apply" instead of "ok" didn't help I changed my account to administrator, used cmd attrib -r...
  10. Folder keeps reverting to read-only but files are fine.

Folder keeps reverting to read-only but files are fine.: Hi,I've this issue where my folders created has this black square on the read-only box.As shown in the pictureWhen i untick it it would be still the same but when the files are read-only,When i untick it files would become non read-only but not the folder.All helps are...