Windows 10: ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

Discus and support ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; FIRST OF ALL, I FORMATTED MY DISK DRIVES, AND I TRIED TO RECOVER THEM BY REMO RECOVER SOFTWARE. I GOT ALL MY FILES BACK.. BUT EVERYTHING WAS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CHIRU VISHAL, Nov 28, 2018.

1. ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

FIRST OF ALL, I FORMATTED MY DISK DRIVES, AND I TRIED TO RECOVER THEM BY REMO RECOVER SOFTWARE.

I GOT ALL MY FILES BACK.. BUT EVERYTHING WAS CORRUPTED...

I EVEN CANT OPEN EXE FILES.

IT SAYS " THIS APP CANT RUN ON YOUR PC"

IS THERE ANY WAY OF RECOVERING MY CORRUPTED FILES(IMAGES, AUDIOS, APPLICATIONS, GAMES, ETC EVERYTHING WAS CORRUPTED)

PLEASE HELP ME.

:)

CHIRU VISHAL, Nov 28, 2018

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Nov 28, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

1. ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED - Similar Threads - FILES WERE CORRUPTED

2. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  3. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  4. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.: How can I recover them? By the way, this is how it looks now: https://prnt.sc/8Eip-fd78vEd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-all-files-that-were-in/8e9024f0-2a28-4be8-9853-46f5f498fae7
  6. I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.: How can I recover them? By the way, this is how it looks now: https://prnt.sc/8Eip-fd78vEd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-all-files-that-were-in/8e9024f0-2a28-4be8-9853-46f5f498fae7
  7. My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files

My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files: Awhile ago, a couple folders on my flash drive were corrupted after I unplugged it from a Chromebook without ejecting it. At the time I did not know removing flash drives without ejecting could corrupt data. Most of the files were not damaged too badly, like ones having...
  8. ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.

ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.: Today I noticed when opening my onenote that all my notebooks were deleted. Checking the onedrive site I noticed EVERYTHING was gone and in the recycling bin. Has anyone else experienced this? It really makes not sense becuase I don't share anything or synchronize onedrive to...
  9. All of my files were deleted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my files were deleted...: I fired up my laptop this morning and every file had been moved to the recycle bin. Some files I had already permanently deleted were restored and several files, despite appearing available in my recycle bin, indicate that they no longer exist. Does anyone have some insight...
  10. HELP! All local files were deleted!

HELP! All local files were deleted!: While attempting to clear up some free space on my hard drive, I accidentally deleted my OneDrive folder. This cleaned out everything on my desktop, including current projects I'm working on as well as obliterating my documents folders and others. again, important current...