Windows 10: ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

Discus and support ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; FIRST OF ALL, I FORMATTED MY DISK DRIVES, AND I TRIED TO RECOVER THEM BY REMO RECOVER SOFTWARE. I GOT ALL MY FILES BACK.. BUT EVERYTHING WAS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CHIRU VISHAL, Nov 28, 2018.

1. ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

FIRST OF ALL, I FORMATTED MY DISK DRIVES, AND I TRIED TO RECOVER THEM BY REMO RECOVER SOFTWARE.

I GOT ALL MY FILES BACK.. BUT EVERYTHING WAS CORRUPTED...

I EVEN CANT OPEN EXE FILES.

IT SAYS " THIS APP CANT RUN ON YOUR PC"

IS THERE ANY WAY OF RECOVERING MY CORRUPTED FILES(IMAGES, AUDIOS, APPLICATIONS, GAMES, ETC EVERYTHING WAS CORRUPTED)

PLEASE HELP ME.

:)

CHIRU VISHAL, Nov 28, 2018

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Nov 28, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

1. ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED - Similar Threads - FILES WERE CORRUPTED

2. All my Personal Vault Files are corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my Personal Vault Files are corrupted: Hello, I put some files on my personal vault, only to find that the majority of them are corrupted. There are some recordings I really need and can't access. I've tried editing the m4a files via hex and they seem to be encrypted still. They have the normal size, but any...
  3. Corrupt Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt Files: Windows Update kept searching for update (for 2 hours) and someone said to run Command Prompt (run as Admin) and type 'sfc /scannow' here is the result Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are...
  4. corrupt files

corrupt files: Hello, I have been a Windows 10 insider pretty much since the program has been available. In the latest development branch there has been an issue with anti cheat programs not necessarily working. I have stuck with this issue for quite awhile but I had enough a month ago...
  5. FILE CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FILE CORRUPTION: This is as much a part of life as Political Corruption or Corruption in Big Business and at some time we all encounter examples of these. But the ABSOLUTE WORST is FILE CORRUPTION. I freakin' HATE that---more even than I hate spiders (which is a lot!) But, fortunately, it...
  6. File Manager: were is it now?

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Manager: were is it now?: I can't locate File Manager anymore. After the update week of 9-17-2018 had to do a reinstall on Windows 10. Originally was W7 and did the W10 update last year. Since the new install all kinds of things are different or gone. Is this another preW10 legacy setting that was...
  7. corrupted files

corrupted files: will fresh starting windows 10 fix corrupted files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/corrupted-files/f6370441-f669-431a-975c-49e112aa2880
  8. no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar: I changed the drive letter but when i rebooted my pc, all my files were intact but no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar, can you help me. 113385
  9. Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed: So I have a file in my downloads that somehow got corrupted and all the permission information on the file is gone. I can't delete as it says I need permission to delete it. When I try to forcefully delete it through cmd as administrator, I get "Access denied". I've tried...
  10. Corrupt File.

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt File.: Hey guys I've got a bit of an issue. I was copying over a video file from an external HDD to my desktop when my son accidentally removed the USB. I now have a corrupt file sitting on my desktop that I can't seem to get rid of. If I so much as click on the icon of the file...