Windows 10: All folders are marked read only.

Discus and support All folders are marked read only. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having issues where my version of Windows 10 is making all of my folders read-only and causing major access denied errors happen with some programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Agathor35, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Agathor35 Win User

All folders are marked read only.

I'm having issues where my version of Windows 10 is making all of my folders read-only and causing major access denied errors happen with some programs that need read and write access.

All folders are marked read only. 5bd8f206-a961-41ae-988e-eeb345eaeb07?upload=true.png

Its not a problem with the program its windows and as I'm running on Windows 10 Home i cant use gpedit.msc to show the hidden windows defender pane that's causing the folders to be read-only.

i tried ot change the access to everyone, then myself and that didn't change anything.

:)

Agathor35, Dec 12, 2020
  2. User 01 Win User

Emails I move to another folder are not marked as "read"

This issue is the topic of at least two other threads, neither of which are answered:

This is a good example of how frustrating it is to try and research issues using a forum system instead of an issue tracking system. You mention that "Microsoft is aware of this issue." Is the issue documented anywhere that allows users to monitor it?

User 01, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 12, 2020
  4. All folders are marked read only.

Read only folder

Hi Jim,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you want to change the permissions to certain program/folder?

• Have you signed in through Microsoft/Local account?

A read-only file is protected from accidental deletion and changes to its content.

Step 1: What is a read-only file or folder?

A read-only file is protected from accidental deletion and changes to its content. To change a file to read-only, right-click the file, and then click
    Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the
    General tab, and then select the
    Read-only check box. To make changes to a read-only file, clear the
    Read-only check box, or save the file with a different name.

Step 2: Prevent changes to a file or folder (read-only)

Setting your important or personal files to read-only can help protect them from unintentional or unauthorized changes. When a file is set to read-only, it cannot be changed.

• Right-click the file or folder you want to set to read-only, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the General tab, select the Read-only check box, and then click
      OK.
    If you need to make changes to the file or folder later, you can turn off the read-only setting by clearing the
    Read-only check box.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with this issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

All folders are marked read only.

1. All folders are marked read only. - Similar Threads - folders are marked

2. Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves: Hi,How do i set all the files in a directory and all the files in it's subdirectories as read-only, but NOT mark the folder or its subfolders as read-only?...
  3. Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves: Hi,How do i set all the files in a directory and all the files in it's subdirectories as read-only, but NOT mark the folder or its subfolders as read-only?...
  4. Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  6. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  7. All Folders Read Only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Folders Read Only: Title explains it all. Every folder on my C:\ or D:\ drives is set to read-only. I am able to change that in the folder properties, but when I go back in after hitting apply it reverts to read-only again. I have tried changing the permissions on each drive, disabling...
  8. All Folders Read Only

All Folders Read Only: All folders seem to be listed as Read Only. Do not have third party antivirus. Yes, I already checked Permissions and Ownership Yes, I have already followed every tutorial and suggestion on this site....
  9. Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only"

Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only": This is just a slight issue in which folders marked as "Read Only" are locked with this attribute and cannot be changed. I first tried the standard approach, going into the folder properties and disabling read only and then clicking apply and exiting the properties which I...
  10. All newly created folders are marked Read Only

All newly created folders are marked Read Only: New computer, Lenovo, All folders I create or extract are by default marked read only. I've given myself full access to my C drive and can delete them, but why are they marked Read Only? How do I turn this off?...