Windows 10: All folders open in a new window.

Discus and support All folders open in a new window. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open a folder, it's open in a new window. All folders open in a new window. I want to resolve this problem. please help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChanakaJayamal, Aug 4, 2019.

1. All folders open in a new window.

When I open a folder, it's open in a new window. All folders open in a new window. I want to resolve this problem. please help me.

:)

ChanakaJayamal, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Jacko28 Win User

All folders open in a new window.

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

All folders open in a new window.

1. All folders open in a new window. - Similar Threads - folders open window

2. Windows 11 all shortcuts to folders open the "desktop" folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 all shortcuts to folders open the "desktop" folder.: I have a new windows 11 computer about 2 months now. I create shortcuts on my desktop to folders I use regularly. No problems until today. I click a shortcut on the desktop to open the folder and it briefly flashes the desired folders contents, but then quickly opens the...
  3. Windows 11 all shortcuts to folders open the "desktop" folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 all shortcuts to folders open the "desktop" folder.: I have a new windows 11 computer about 2 months now. I create shortcuts on my desktop to folders I use regularly. No problems until today. I click a shortcut on the desktop to open the folder and it briefly flashes the desired folders contents, but then quickly opens the...
  4. File explorer opens folders in new windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer opens folders in new windows: Build 22621.730Hi everyone, I'm experiencing this issue since I updated Windows 11 to the current version. I can finally use tabs in file explorer and that's a wonderful thing. However, every time I double click a folder, file explorer decides to open it in a new window.I...
  5. Stop folders opening in new window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop folders opening in new window: Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window Windows 10I've checked in Explorer under the general tab and made sure on “Open each folder in the same Window” is ticked.I ran “sfc /SCANNOW” with Command Prompt Elevated. It says, “Windows Resource Protection did not find any...
  6. Opening a new folder in the Local Folders column in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a new folder in the Local Folders column in Windows Mail: I tried to open a new folder in the Local Folders column, but instead of getting its own space, it became a sub-folder under a totally unrelated one. How can I file it under its own name?...
  7. Open Mail App to 'All Folders'

in Browsers and Email
    Open Mail App to 'All Folders': I am just exploring the Mail App under Win 10 and wonder if it is possible to open the Mail App to the 'All Folders' view rather than the 'Inbox' view. Thank you. 105143
  8. Downloads Folder Keeps Opening in New Window...

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder Keeps Opening in New Window...: So "This PC" has a series of folders: Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, etc... I have my preferences to "Open each folder in the same window". For most folders, this works exactly as it should. However, whenever I open a sub folder in the Downloads folder, it opens...
  9. Folders inside Downloads folder open in new window

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders inside Downloads folder open in new window: It only happens when I open the Downloads folder from Quick Access and This PC. [img] I've already checked the Folder Option. Launch folder windows in separate process and Open each folder in its own windows both are unchecked [img] [img] and I also tried everything...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...