Windows 10: All Folders Read Only

Discus and support All Folders Read Only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All folders seem to be listed as Read Only. Do not have third party antivirus. Yes, I already checked Permissions and Ownership Yes, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GryffinDarkBred, Feb 25, 2019.

1. All Folders Read Only

All folders seem to be listed as Read Only.

Do not have third party antivirus.

Yes, I already checked Permissions and Ownership

Yes, I have already followed every tutorial and suggestion on this site.

:)

GryffinDarkBred, Feb 25, 2019

2. Read only folder

Hi Jim,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you want to change the permissions to certain program/folder?

• Have you signed in through Microsoft/Local account?

A read-only file is protected from accidental deletion and changes to its content.

Step 1: What is a read-only file or folder?

A read-only file is protected from accidental deletion and changes to its content. To change a file to read-only, right-click the file, and then click
    Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the
    General tab, and then select the
    Read-only check box. To make changes to a read-only file, clear the
    Read-only check box, or save the file with a different name.

Step 2: Prevent changes to a file or folder (read-only)

Setting your important or personal files to read-only can help protect them from unintentional or unauthorized changes. When a file is set to read-only, it cannot be changed.

• Right-click the file or folder you want to set to read-only, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the General tab, select the Read-only check box, and then click
      OK.
    If you need to make changes to the file or folder later, you can turn off the read-only setting by clearing the
    Read-only check box.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with this issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile All Folders Read Only :)

Frogger, Feb 25, 2019
  4. enso Win User

All Folders Read Only

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

All Folders Read Only

1. All Folders Read Only - Similar Threads - Folders Read

2. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  3. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  4. Read Only Folders

Read Only Folders: My folders have suddenly become marked as Read Only and I can't change it. In the Security tab all the permissions that have been allowed are checked, but grayed out. I haven't changed anything in regards to my system other than installing Windows updates. I'm running Windows...
  5. Read Only Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Only Folders: My folders have suddenly become marked as Read Only and I can't change it. In the Security tab all the permissions that have been allowed are checked, but grayed out. I haven't changed anything in regards to my system other than installing Windows updates. I'm running Windows...
  6. Unticked read-only on user folder to change username and now the pc won't react properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unticked read-only on user folder to change username and now the pc won't react properly: I wanted to change the name of my user folder and unticked the read-only mark from it to see if i can change it after, after ticking it again and restarting the pc the pc didnt react properly, discord wont open and is unlimited loading, when i move the cursor on the task bar...
  7. Untucked read-only on user folder to change username and now the pc wont react properly

Untucked read-only on user folder to change username and now the pc wont react properly: I wanted to change the name of my user folder and unticked the read-only mark from it to see if i can change it after, after ticking it again and restarting the pc the pc didnt react properly, discord wont open and is unlimited loading, when i move the cursor on the task bar...
  8. Untucked read-only on user folder to change username and now the pc wont react properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Untucked read-only on user folder to change username and now the pc wont react properly: I wanted to change the name of my user folder and unticked the read-only mark from it to see if i can change it after, after ticking it again and restarting the pc the pc didnt react properly, discord wont open and is unlimited loading, when i move the cursor on the task bar...
  9. Untucked read-only on user folder to change username and now the pc wont react properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Problem facing in reading xml files from one adls folder but able to read that file from...

Problem facing in reading xml files from one adls folder but able to read that file from...: While I am reading files from adls one folder in databricks I am unable to read.xml files, I am getting error that Failure to initialize configuration for storage account sdfgh.dfs.core.windows.net: Invalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.keyInvalid...