Windows 10: All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS

Discus and support All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here is what I've done: - Disabled GameDVR(both in the settings menu and registry editor) - Disabled Full screen optimizations on exes - Made sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SerenityJayne, Nov 22, 2019.

1. All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS

Here is what I've done:
    - Disabled GameDVR(both in the settings menu and registry editor)
    - Disabled Full screen optimizations on exes

- Made sure vsync was on in GPU settings as well as ingame settings
    - Updated all drivers
    - Made sure I was using the newest version of windows 10

This only started happening after I updated to the newest version of windows 10. Very frustrating I can't find a fix.

:)

SerenityJayne, Nov 22, 2019

2. Fps is capped

Apparently there is a problem with my xbox app, for some odd reason my fps is capped at 60. I've turned off vsync in NVidia but I still get 60 fps. I searched on google to try to fix this problem but they all say to turn off gamedvr on xbox but I cant do
    that because my xbox gamedvr settings look like this. I need help to remove the 60 fps cap. Thanks

All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS [​IMG]

thurtalzilla, Nov 22, 2019
  3. FPS Capped at 60 in all games after creators update

No, updating my drivers didn´t help me at all. All applications are capped at 60 fps, not only the ones from Steam/Origin/etc. 12 GBs of ram has never been reached on this computer. I´m not aware of any other application in my computer, which should keep
    my fps capped, especially when it started to happen after downloading the update.

There is maybe one thing that could help to solve the problem - I´ve noticed that fps shortly after launching the game are not usually capped and can reach up to 250. Something has to start shortly after the application is on, but I haven´t seen any difference
    in the processes.

Thanks for your help,

Vít Hudec, Nov 22, 2019
  4. All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS

Game FPS capped at 60

Assuming you don't have Vsync enabled, and assuming Geforce experience or something has not upped your in game graphic settings, check game mode to ensure you aren't recording in the background.

You aren't talking about FPS while Game DVR (recording in the background) is enabled, right? Note in that scenario , video FPS are default 30, max 60 as "high quality video capture may impact the quality of your game".

All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS [​IMG]

specialkone, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS

1. All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS - Similar Threads - full screen applications

2. 60 fps capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  3. 60 fps capped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  4. 60 FPS CAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  5. 60 FPS CAP

60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  6. 60 fps cap fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    60 fps cap fullscreen: I got a problem,my game have the fps capped at 60 in fullscreen mode and on windowed the fps are capped at 120 -Game bar is off,Disabled the full screen optimizaton,any v-sync in my game or driver is offPlease help...
  7. 60 fps capped issue

60 fps capped issue: I have a rtx 2070 and a 120hz monitor, all my games seem to be caped at 60 - 70 fps. It has run games over 120fps with no problems before. I recently changed a power supply and cpu cooler because of shutdown issues those are fixed now any suggestions....
  8. Capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capped at 60 FPS: Hello so recently when I play Fortnite, I get 60 fps straight. I've tried changing the in game settings and all, but still, I get 59 -60 fps. Could it be a problem with Windows?...
  9. Capped at 60 FPS

Capped at 60 FPS: Hello so recently when I play Fortnite, I get 60 fps straight. I've tried changing the in game settings and all, but still, I get 59 -60 fps. Could it be a problem with Windows?...
  10. FPS in some games are being capped at 60 FPS.

FPS in some games are being capped at 60 FPS.: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am experiencing annoying thing. My fps are being capped at 60 in some games BUT ONLY IN FULLSCREEN MODE!!! and because of that my mouse movement is much laggier, heavier.. I've turned off VSync , Game DVR, GameMode etc. My...