Windows 10: All FullScreen Games, Get lag spikes on Pressing the alt Key

Discus and support All FullScreen Games, Get lag spikes on Pressing the alt Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, So i am having an issues here. Every Game i play in fullscreen ,GTA V,Bf4 Dota 2,CSGO, Skyrim and all other game Lag on pressing Alt, I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by trimlys, Nov 8, 2015.

1. trimlys Win User

All FullScreen Games, Get lag spikes on Pressing the alt Key

Hello, So i am having an issues here.
    Every Game i play in fullscreen ,GTA V,Bf4 Dota 2,CSGO, Skyrim and all other game Lag on pressing Alt,
    I go from 60fps to 45 each time i press it,
    The thing is if i play in Windowed Borderless everything is fine, it was doing the same thing with my previous video card gtx 770 and now i have 980,but it's was not doing it on Windows 7, I use alt most of the time to speak online via Ventrilo or Teamspeak3,
    Yes i try to change my teamspeak key to something else or try my game without any voip and i still get the lag,

it is weird and i really need to find why it does that.
    any idea?

My setup is
    CPU. FX 8350
    MB, Sabertooth v2.0
    Memory 16GB G.skill
    GTX 980
    PSU 750 TX
    WIN 10 pro 64bit

:)

trimlys, Nov 8, 2015

2. Windows Defender causes any and all graphical programs to stutter when either ALT key is pressed or released

I noticed something very strange a few weeks back. Whenever I would press or release either of my ALT keys, the game I was playing would exhibit a brief stutter. 100% reproducible, happens every time. To be clear, I don't mean that holding down alt
    caused lag in game -- no, the mere act of pressing, or releasing either of the two alt keys would create a lag spike. Every single game on my computer exhibits this problem (Natural Selection 2, Factorio, Talos Principle, Overwatch, Doom... the list is diverse
    enough to prove there's no common theme), in addition to... well any application that draws to the screen, it would seem. Even dragging the scrollbar of the Windows Start Menu's program list (while spamming alt alt alt alt) shows the problem.

Eventually I had the idea to open up task manager and see if anything stuck out -- it did! I noticed that if I pressed alt very quickly, MsMpEng.exe would immediately climb to the top of the list, and stay there for as long as I kept repeatedly pressing ALT.
    (~6-8% CPU usage on my quad core. Top of the list, right behind System Idle Process).

If I turn off Real Time Protection in the windows defender settings, the problem completely vanishes. Turning it back on makes it reappear instantly.

TrevorHarris_753, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Lag spikes when playing online games

Hi,i have been experience constant lag spikes on online games .I opened task manager and found that my ethernet is not stable and spikes on online games .This get frustrated when i constantly receive attempt to reconnect in a game in every 10-30sec or
    so .

JamesTiger, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

All FullScreen Games, Get lag spikes on Pressing the alt Key

1. All FullScreen Games, Get lag spikes on Pressing the alt Key - Similar Threads - FullScreen Games lag

2. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting massive lag spikes: I've been haveing trouble with massive lag spikes while gaming for a while now and installed MSI Afterburner to see if I could figure out something with that, and it seems like everytime I lag is during one of these troughs. Anyone know what could cause this and how I could...
  3. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting massive lag spikes: I've been haveing trouble with massive lag spikes while gaming for a while now and installed MSI Afterburner to see if I could figure out something with that, and it seems like everytime I lag is during one of these troughs. Anyone know what could cause this and how I could...
  4. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Weird "lag spikes" in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird "lag spikes" in game: Hello, i have a problem, and sometimes in programs. The problem is when i am playing a game and about 5-10min i am getting wierd lag spikes that last 2-9sec and that continues for every game. With heavy games every 2sec and with low end games that can run on low end specs...
  6. Weird "lag spikes" in game

Weird "lag spikes" in game: Hello, i have a problem, and sometimes in programs. The problem is when i am playing a game and about 5-10min i am getting wierd lag spikes that last 2-9sec and that continues for every game. With heavy games every 2sec and with low end games that can run on low end specs...
  7. Weird "lag spikes" in game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Keep Getting Lag Spikes In All Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Getting Lag Spikes In All Games: Okay, so I know that this is my computer's problem, not the games since I keep getting terrible lag spikes in Valorant, Apex, Lost Ark, etc. It depends on the game on how frequent and how bad these lag spikes are. For example, Valorant lag spikes aren't as frequent or as bad...
  9. Keep Getting Lag Spikes In All Games

Keep Getting Lag Spikes In All Games: Okay, so I know that this is my computer's problem, not the games since I keep getting terrible lag spikes in Valorant, Apex, Lost Ark, etc. It depends on the game on how frequent and how bad these lag spikes are. For example, Valorant lag spikes aren't as frequent or as bad...
  10. Lag spikes in online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag spikes in online games: Hi all, As the title says im experiencing lag spikes when im playing online games which include (Left 4 Dead 2,Tomb Raider Etc).My ping hovers around 70-90 but after about 20 seconds it jumps up to 180-300.This constantly happens.Now bear in mind that the current (Gaming) pc...