Windows 10: All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode

Discus and support All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of my games, on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, or Uplay have this problem where they black out for about five seconds any time I click or select an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexLobitz, Sep 15, 2018.

1. All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode

All of my games, on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, or Uplay have this problem where they black out for about five seconds any time I click or select an option in the game. This is also happening with fullscreen Netflix and Youtube. The issue occurs in fullscreen and windowed borderless mode, but doesn't in windowed mode.

I've tried restarting, installing new drivers, reinstalling games, changing my monitor's refresh rate, and running games in compatibility mode, nothing's worked.

It's also worth noting that the issue only occurs with my middle monitor, which is 75hz if that would make a difference, my other two monitors are 60hz

GPU: r9 390x

CPU: i7 6700

Monitor: Acer KG221Q

:)

AlexLobitz, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Scirloc Win User

Windows 10 1709 (16299.309) has somehow disabled 'Fullscreen' in games.

I recently updated to 1709 and have found that games no longer have access to fullscreen mode.

Most games force me directly to Windowed mode, and no longer list Fullscreen in the enum. Some games still allow windowed fullscreen. Games that list the standard Fullscreen typically crash or post an error when I swap to that mode.

The only thing that has changed on my system is my OS version, and I've been using an otherwise identical setup for gaming for years.

Since updating windows, I updated my video drivers, which resolved nothing. Sadly I just passed my 1 week window to undo the windows 'upgrade'.

Scirloc, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Games crashing in fullscreen mode

Hi, I have a problem with all games on my PC for a while. Every time when I try to launch games in fullscreen, they crash and won't launch. I mask the problem with windowed mode (in windowed mode there is no problem) but it's annoying and fps drops down
    in windowed mode.

I tried so many things - reinstalling display drivers, reinstalling all games and steam, some minor "fixes" that I found on the web, but nothing helps.

My PC specs:

• Windows 10 x64
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    • Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU
    I really don't know what to do. I will be very happy if someone can help. Thank you!

Цветан Василев, Sep 16, 2018
  4. All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode

Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode

1. All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode - Similar Threads - games videos blacking

2. Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing: Hard to explain, been happening since today after I installed a few apps, namely Ear Trumpet from Microsoft Store, tried installing and using WindowBlinds from a YouTube QoL recommendations video here and here but uninstalled after it didn't work, as well as Black In Black /...
  3. Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing: Hard to explain, been happening since today after I installed a few apps, namely Ear Trumpet from Microsoft Store, tried installing and using WindowBlinds from a YouTube QoL recommendations video here and here but uninstalled after it didn't work, as well as Black In Black /...
  4. Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode: Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing or watching movies in fullscreen is fine though.The issue behaves like this: I am gaming and suddenly my game shows a black...
  6. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode: Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing or watching movies in fullscreen is fine though.The issue behaves like this: I am gaming and suddenly my game shows a black...
  7. Video black out

Video black out: What Regedit key needs to be increased to stop Nvidia video from intermittently blacking out then recovering in WIN 10? Sound not affected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-black-out/8706283e-4a5e-4d91-91dc-2def2e1972fd
  8. Locking out of fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locking out of fullscreen games: Hi, Sometimes while playing games in fullscreen (like Rainbow Six Siege or League of Legends), after sending a chat message or after opening the chat window, I get locked out of the game. Meaning I can't interact with anything in the game, like menues, moving or really...
  9. Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode

Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode: so lately i got a problem with the games most likely with the thirt person ones,when i enter fullscreen from alt+tab the game becomes choppy(i have good fps so its not a lag problem) when i move my character and mouse.I even reinstalled windows(10 Pro) and its still the same...
  10. All games blacking out in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All games blacking out in fullscreen mode: All of my games, on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, or Uplay have this problem where they black out for about five seconds any time I click or select an option in the game. The issue occurs in fullscreen and windowed borderless mode, but doesn't in windowed mode. I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FULLSCREEN KEEPS BLACKING OUT