Windows 10: All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade

Discus and support All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC hardware and OS and have a clean install of Windows 11 Home. All of these games worked without any issues on my older build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kaleb N, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Kaleb N Win User

All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade

I recently upgraded my PC hardware and OS and have a clean install of Windows 11 Home. All of these games worked without any issues on my older build with Win 10. Ever since the upgrade I have been having a constant problem with all my games crashing even if they are not hardware intensive. No crashing of any other applications. I have done extensive troubleshooting and run out of ideas and need help isolating the problem. My user account is an administrator. I'll try to remember all the things I've already tried below.- Windows updates set to auto- Created and tested on local user account t

:)

Kaleb N, Dec 6, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2023
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2023
  4. nauzers Win User

PC Crashing on every game All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade :(

OK what i am gonna do - i will take second pc from my friend... Will build all my sistem on his MB... And then if it crashes... - will step by step take out my parts and put his - untill i have no crash any more... Damn it sounds stupid and will take like all day :S... Any other ideas how to make effective testing if i have second PC?

Or maybe give it away to disruption? *Big Grin All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade :D
    Разборка компьютеров в Китае (21 фото)

nauzers, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

1. All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade - Similar Threads - games are crashing

2. All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade: I recently upgraded my PC hardware and OS and have a clean install of Windows 11 Home. All of these games worked without any issues on my older build with Win 10. Ever since the upgrade I have been having a constant problem with all my games crashing even if they are not...
  3. Constant Crashing Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Crashing Since Upgrade: I bought my desktop pc with windows 10 installed but within a few months I was given the option to upgrade to windows 11 and unfortunately I accepted the upgrade. Worst ever choice. Every since then my new Legion tower freezes up and shuts down about every 10 minutes and says...
  4. all games crash after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  5. all games crash after hardware upgrade

all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  6. pc crashing for no reason in games and in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashing for no reason in games and in desktop: i was playing a game and my pc crashed it was not the first time this happened i poasted the same thing a while back and he told me to reinstall drivers it worked but i had to reset my pc and it came back pls help Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:...
  7. pc crashing for no reason in games and in desktop

pc crashing for no reason in games and in desktop: i was playing a game and my pc crashed it was not the first time this happened i poasted the same thing a while back and he told me to reinstall drivers it worked but i had to reset my pc and it came back pls help Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:...
  8. all games crashing on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games crashing on pc: All of a sudden my games just started crashing and ive checked all my drivers all completely updated none of my parts are overheating and ive never done any overclocking its starting to get to the point of where i can only play a game for a few hours before it crashes my pc...
  9. all games crashing on pc

all games crashing on pc: All of a sudden my games just started crashing and ive checked all my drivers all completely updated none of my parts are overheating and ive never done any overclocking its starting to get to the point of where i can only play a game for a few hours before it crashes my pc...
  10. All of my Games are Crashing since the Last Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All of my Games are Crashing since the Last Update: Hi, I've easily been running games on my laptop from both steam and origin until the Driver Update- Intel Corporation - Software Component- 17.9.1.1012 or the Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Now any game has been crashing after 10 minutes. How...