Windows 10: All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion.

Discus and support All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion. So I have the latest version of Windows (Edge Dev just stopped working at time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MiloTheDev, Jul 24, 2019.

1. All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion.

All games installed crashing as of Windows (CAll games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion. :) partition expansion.

So I have the latest version of Windows (Edge Dev just stopped working at time of posting...) I just expanded my partition of Windows after failing NON-USB Android x86 Installation and now all games that run are now crashing. These games aren't from the store. I really need some help. My computer is a Lenovo Ideapad 2in1 14 2018.

:)

MiloTheDev, Jul 24, 2019

2. Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

I've never tried multiple partitions so this is a shot in the dark...

At step #10, I would try setting the size parameter (it is in mebibytes) to how large you want the partition windows is installed on to be, then go ahead and install windows. This will leave the rest of the drive raw instead of consuming it into the OS partition (C drive). Once you successfully boot into Windows, you should be able to use Computer Management -> Disk Management to create partitions in the raw space.

If you really wanted to do it with diskpart before Windows is installed, you basically repeat the following lines making sure to specify a size if you don't want it to consume all remaining space:
    • create partition primary size=size in mebibytes here
    • format quick fs=ntfs label="appropriate name here"
    • assign letter=C thru Z here
    Obviously, you can use quick formatting or leave it out for full format. Leave off the size parameter when you reach the final partition that should consume all the remaining space. Also remember that the order you do this in goes from the outside of the disk (where it is fastest) to the inside of the disk (where it is slowest). Because of this, it is recommended to put EFI (e.g. size=300), then MSR (e.g. size=300), then Windows (e.g. size=30000), then Applications (e.g. size=70000), then Storage (e.g. no size parameter).

If I'm right, the above example would look like this:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk <id>
    • online disk
    • attributes disk clear readonly
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • create partition efi size=300
    • create partition msr size=300
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    • assign letter=C
    • create partition primary size=70000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Applications"
    • assign letter=D
    • create partition primary
    • format fs=ntfs label="Storage"
    • assign letter=E
    • exit

FordGT90Concept, Jul 24, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 24, 2019
  4. All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion.

Vista Beta 2 Installed

Well first I defragged the drive, then go into partition magic and select "create a new partition" and make sure it is "after c:"

Then click the rest of the way through the menus, and in the lower left there is a list of pending activites and click "apply" and you will have to restart and before windows boots partition magic does its thing.

wazzledoozle, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion.

1. All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion. - Similar Threads - games installed crashing

2. c drive partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    c drive partition: Hi I'm using DELL Vostro 5468. it came preinstalled with windows 10. I got 405 GB free (out of 462 GB ) in my C drive. I wish to use 200 GB for Ubuntu which I'm going to use with dual boot. The issue is I cant shrink the C drive , when I try to shrink it says only 1.2 GB...
  3. Can't Find C Partition in Selection of Partitions to Install Fresh Copy of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Find C Partition in Selection of Partitions to Install Fresh Copy of Windows: Can't Find C Partition in Selection of Partitions to Install Fresh Copy of Windows but when i boot the existing windows on C , it's normal & i can find and use the partition Any help ?!...
  4. C drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive partition: I recently bought a new laptop, which has windows 10 home single language inbuilt. It has only C drive and no other partitions at the time of purchase. Now I want to make C into more partitions, But it is not possible to split the C drive. I have tried so many times by Disk...
  5. Windows 10 Crashing All Steam Games and System

Windows 10 Crashing All Steam Games and System: Since the latest update to Windows 10 my machine will regularly crash anytime I run a Steam game no matter what the game is if I have Real-time protection turned on (which apparently will not stay off even though I've turned it off multiple times). The fact that it will not...
  6. All Of My Games Crash

All Of My Games Crash: Since I built my pc back in February, it's never quite worked right. I've ruled out the graphics card, the motherboard, and the RAM. The issue is that any time I stream (using OBS) or play a game on my pc (Dying Light, Conarium, anything graphics intensive,) the games crash....
  7. Resize partition C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resize partition C: On partition C is my OS Win 10. I want to extend volume C. I shrank volume D and I got "147.65 GB unallocated". How can I extend volume C using the "147.65 GB unallocated"? Thanks in advance for any help...
  8. Are all these games actually installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are all these games actually installed?: Just done a fresh install of Windows 10, and when I click the Start button, I can see loads of stuff I really don't want. Most of this seems to be games. Are these actually installed? If so, how do I get rid of them? If they aren't installed, do I just unpin the icons from...
  9. All Game Crash in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Game Crash in Windows 10: I'm playing Bad Company 2(VSR 1080p) and GTA V after playing 2 hour maybe 1.5 hour game closing suddenly. Cpu Temp is so good.I use my Phenom II X6 1100T 3.8GHZ and thats fine. My English is not very well. 18333
  10. Partitions on C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions on C Drive: I am not sure how or when this occurred but I somehow seem to have ended up with 2 Healthy (recovery partition) both of which are different sizes. [img] I assume I don't need both, but how do I determine which is being used? Anyone?? TIA 45965