Windows 10: All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion.

Discus and support All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion. So I have the latest version of Windows (Edge Dev just stopped working at time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MiloTheDev, Jul 24, 2019.

1. All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion.

All games installed crashing as of Windows (CAll games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion. :) partition expansion.

So I have the latest version of Windows (Edge Dev just stopped working at time of posting...) I just expanded my partition of Windows after failing NON-USB Android x86 Installation and now all games that run are now crashing. These games aren't from the store. I really need some help. My computer is a Lenovo Ideapad 2in1 14 2018.

:)

MiloTheDev, Jul 24, 2019

2. Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

I've never tried multiple partitions so this is a shot in the dark...

At step #10, I would try setting the size parameter (it is in mebibytes) to how large you want the partition windows is installed on to be, then go ahead and install windows. This will leave the rest of the drive raw instead of consuming it into the OS partition (C drive). Once you successfully boot into Windows, you should be able to use Computer Management -> Disk Management to create partitions in the raw space.

If you really wanted to do it with diskpart before Windows is installed, you basically repeat the following lines making sure to specify a size if you don't want it to consume all remaining space:
    • create partition primary size=size in mebibytes here
    • format quick fs=ntfs label="appropriate name here"
    • assign letter=C thru Z here
    Obviously, you can use quick formatting or leave it out for full format. Leave off the size parameter when you reach the final partition that should consume all the remaining space. Also remember that the order you do this in goes from the outside of the disk (where it is fastest) to the inside of the disk (where it is slowest). Because of this, it is recommended to put EFI (e.g. size=300), then MSR (e.g. size=300), then Windows (e.g. size=30000), then Applications (e.g. size=70000), then Storage (e.g. no size parameter).

If I'm right, the above example would look like this:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk <id>
    • online disk
    • attributes disk clear readonly
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • create partition efi size=300
    • create partition msr size=300
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    • assign letter=C
    • create partition primary size=70000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Applications"
    • assign letter=D
    • create partition primary
    • format fs=ntfs label="Storage"
    • assign letter=E
    • exit

FordGT90Concept, Jul 24, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 24, 2019
  4. All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion.

Vista Beta 2 Installed

Well first I defragged the drive, then go into partition magic and select "create a new partition" and make sure it is "after c:"

Then click the rest of the way through the menus, and in the lower left there is a list of pending activites and click "apply" and you will have to restart and before windows boots partition magic does its thing.

wazzledoozle, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion.

1. All games installed crashing as of Windows (C:) partition expansion. - Similar Threads - games installed crashing

2. Games all crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games all crashing: I just upgraded most of my PC save for my GPU.This was a first time self upgrade for me, and I was sure everything went fine, until it didn't.I have upgraded theMotherboard to fit the new CPUCPU Intel core I7 to Intel Core I9 and New fanRAM DDR4 -> DDR5Power supply to fill...
  3. Games all crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games all crashing: I just upgraded most of my PC save for my GPU.This was a first time self upgrade for me, and I was sure everything went fine, until it didn't.I have upgraded theMotherboard to fit the new CPUCPU Intel core I7 to Intel Core I9 and New fanRAM DDR4 -> DDR5Power supply to fill...
  4. Games all crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. all games crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games crashing: Hello everyone, first I must say that I don't know much English,I encountered a problem with my computer All my games crash randomly,i updated all drivers and installed windows many times, i checked rams,checked disks, i got some error from 1 game here i hope someone help me...
  6. all games crashing

all games crashing: Hello everyone, first I must say that I don't know much English,I encountered a problem with my computer All my games crash randomly,i updated all drivers and installed windows many times, i checked rams,checked disks, i got some error from 1 game here i hope someone help me...
  7. Visual C++ Crashes Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Crashes Games: I have been threw all the forums. Nothing...Not thinking, but it started a few months ago. Games started to crash. Could not figure it out. Did everything.Updated Video card even bought a new one. Updated windows and the games and verified the games.Still crashing any game I...
  8. Crashes in ALL games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes in ALL games: Hi,I was gaming earlier today when I was having problems with my game. When I would alt-tab out, it would crash the game. I tried fixing it, and ran into issues where whenever I would launch the game at all, it would crash. I ran some virus scans and malware scans to be safe,...
  9. Crashes in ALL games

Crashes in ALL games: Hi,I was gaming earlier today when I was having problems with my game. When I would alt-tab out, it would crash the game. I tried fixing it, and ran into issues where whenever I would launch the game at all, it would crash. I ran some virus scans and malware scans to be safe,...
  10. C drive expansion on spanned drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive expansion on spanned drive: Hello Team, Hope all is doing good and safe I have issue to increase C drive on spanned volume Kindly share steps or commands to fix such issue Below is the screen shot I cannot delete D drive or format it is required for users [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MiloTheDev