Windows 10: All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update

Discus and support All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Following installation of 'Update for Microsoft Windows KB5006365' my games are no longer hardware accelerated. Device manager recognizes my Radeon RX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AjayPrakash2, Nov 11, 2021.

1. All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update

Following installation of 'Update for Microsoft Windows KB5006365' my games are no longer hardware accelerated. Device manager recognizes my Radeon RX 5700 GPU and reports it is working correctly. My AMD Radeon Software suite notes GPU utilization of 1-5% in my games. I'm getting 5-10 FPS in games that were working perfectly yesterday.I am completely unable to remove this update. I have uninstalled it 4 times, paused the Windows automatic update and stopped the Windows Update service but it persists. Please allow me to roll back this update so that I can play games on my computer again, or f

:)

AjayPrakash2, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

GOG games no longer work after latest updates

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the drivers?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to install the Game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

And also update Display driver from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 11, 2021
  3. Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

Hey all,

I have had an issue for the last few months, specifically when trying to play Rocket League, where between 5-20 minutes into playing, both of my monitors will go black and my GPU fan will kick to 100%. I can't remember if this coincided with any NVIDIA driver updates, but any subsequent updates have not helped. I am currently running the latest NVIDIA driver version (441.66).

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that I have taken for this:

• RAM
    • Ran Memtest64 overnight, ensuring that 100% RAM utilization. No errors were returned.
    • Reseated the RAM, blowing out the slots to ensure no blockages.
    • Tested different memory slots on the board.
    • Swapped out RAM with new RAM from Microcenter, no improvements.
    • RAM was originally OC'd to 3200 MHz via XMP. I turned this off and the RAM is running at stock speeds listed above.
    • BIOS
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version
    • Performed a Clean Boot and attempted to play. Game still crashed out within the first match or so.
    • GPU
    • Updated all drivers
    • Updated drivers, including a complete DDU uninstall/reinstall.
    • Swapped power cables from the PSU
    • Moved GPU to lower PCI-E slot
    • Reseated the GPU, blowing out the slot after reseating
    • Deleted the video driver from Control Panel
    • Storage
    • Ran chkdsk with no errors
    • Ran defragmentation on the HDD and Trim on the SSDs
    • Ran sfc /scannow with no issues
    • Game Files
    • Ran validator on game files (as a note here, after one crash, I ran the validator and it corrected one file. However, I played a game immediately after and crashed. Running the validator after that crash had no files fixed)
    • Installed the game on all three storage devices

I have attached the BSOD logs. Please assist!

bmduffy2020, Nov 11, 2021
  4. All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update

1. All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update - Similar Threads - games longer utilizing

2. All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update: Following installation of 'Update for Microsoft Windows KB5006365' my games are no longer hardware accelerated. Device manager recognizes my Radeon RX 5700 GPU and reports it is working correctly. My AMD Radeon Software suite notes GPU utilization of 1-5% in my games. I'm...
  3. All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games no longer utilizing GPU following latest windows update: Following installation of 'Update for Microsoft Windows KB5006365' my games are no longer hardware accelerated. Device manager recognizes my Radeon RX 5700 GPU and reports it is working correctly. My AMD Radeon Software suite notes GPU utilization of 1-5% in my games. I'm...
  4. Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update: Following last night’s update, I cannot l login. When I try to login I have no option to put in my password and it has me sign into my Microsoft account when I try to login, and then it says something about setting up a Windows Hello pin (I already have a password) and after...
  5. DWM excessive GPU utilization while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM excessive GPU utilization while gaming: hello good afternoon friends :, I have a problem of excessive use of the GPU for the DWM process, I tried everything that appears in the forums and I cannot find the solution. I have an ASUS ROG STRIX notebook with two gpu, an intel 630 integrated and an NVDIA 1050...
  6. Brother Printer no longer printing following latest microsoft update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer no longer printing following latest microsoft update.: Following latest microsoft update 12/06/20 my Brother DCP-197C would no longer print. Requests would queue momenterily then vanish. I uninstalled update KB4560960 this fixed the problem. I have delayed further updated for one month. Will this fault be fixed by then?...
  7. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  8. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  9. BSOD Following Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Following Latest Windows Update: I'm in a bit of a pickle in that the latest Update killed my rig. I get a stop report BSOD and Windows won't even boot. Back in the day, I would have just grabbed the Windows 7 DVD, re-installed and off I go. But I don't have a Windows 10 DVD and the licence key I have is...
  10. Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.: Hello. I have Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme. After upgrade to Windows Anniversary i have weird problem with fps spikes in GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider. In GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider i am getting random fps dips for a second. During fps dip there is core clock drop for example...