Windows 10: All games regardless of source crash on alt+tab

Discus and support All games regardless of source crash on alt+tab in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All the games on my laptop from steam, microsoft store, ubisoft, etc crash if I press alt+tab or switch to a different program in any other way. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BlueLagoon8951, Jul 14, 2021.

1. All games regardless of source crash on alt+tab

All the games on my laptop from steam, microsoft store, ubisoft, etc crash if I press alt+tab or switch to a different program in any other way. This has persisted through multiple restarts, a windows update, a clean nvidia driver install, and it happens no matter what game I'm playing or what program I switch to.I have a Ryzen 7 5800h, RTX 3070, 16GB RAM, and 1tb SSD. Definitely not a specs issue.

:)

BlueLagoon8951, Jul 14, 2021
  2. Polarman Win User

alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Alt + Tab = Crash

Good evening,

It appears that Windows 10 keeps crashing whenever I Alt + Tab out of a game and then attempt to go back in. When I Alt + Tab back in I'm met with a black screen. Then Windows 10 freeze and I can't do anything.

Steps to reproduce:

(1) Start game

(2) Alt + Tab out

(3) Do whatever in Windows 10

(4) Alt + Tab back in

>>>Black screen

(5a) Ctrl + Alt + Delete to end process of game

(6a) No clickable buttons in Windows 10 (can't even shut down)

(5b) Ctrl + Alt + Delete

(6b) Shut down (just spins indefinitely and doesn't actually shut down)

This is a on a brand new copy of Windows 10 (not an upgrade). My current specifications are below:

-MSI SLI Plus X99 Motherboard

-16 GBs 2800 MHz RAM

-2x NVIDIA Titan X GPUs

-512 GB M2 SSD

-1600w EVGA PSU

Please advise on what is happening and if this will be fixed soon.

David_Compart, Jul 14, 2021
  4. All games regardless of source crash on alt+tab

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

All games regardless of source crash on alt+tab Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

All games regardless of source crash on alt+tab

1. All games regardless of source crash on alt+tab - Similar Threads - games regardless source

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  4. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing: Whenever I finish closing a game or alt tabbing out of a game after playing for a while, the pc will go black and audio will still come through but the pc will be unresponsive. I have already tried reinstalling the gpu drivers and installing the latest bios that I could. I...
  6. Windows 10 stuck showing all Edge tabs with [Alt]+[Tab] regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 stuck showing all Edge tabs with [Alt]+[Tab] regardless of settings: I upgraded to the latest Windows 10 about a week ago, and now all my Edge tabs are showing when I use [Alt]+[Tab]. I've gone to Settings > System > Multitasking and the "Pressing Alt + Tab shows" option is set to "Open windows only". I've tried setting it all the other...
  7. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I'm not even sure when this started but for whatever reason, I cant use Alt+Tab I googled some solutions Like these for example but none of them worked the closet thing is pressing Alt+Ctrl+Tab but I want the original way back and this is a new Laptop purchased it New from...
  8. Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games...

Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games...: So this wasn't an issue ever but after i built this new rig about 6 months ago randomly it stopped letting alt tab tab out of games for example, so i was forced to start doing win key + tab, no big deal. Now for some reason 1 game (far cry 3) likes to freeze/crash if you...
  9. Game crashing coming back from Alt+tab

Game crashing coming back from Alt+tab: So as title says, before newest windows10 update (2004) game (Star Citizen) was running fine. Hours and hours gaming and streaming, no crash problems. Now after 10 minutes the game crash when i come BACK from alt+tab. Windows updated, Nvidia drivers updated, game on SSD....
  10. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...