Windows 10: All HDD have gone to write protected other than C:/ ????

Discus and support All HDD have gone to write protected other than C:/ ???? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI Guys I am posting this as a separate issue as i have another ticket open re other issues Other than my C:/ all my other HDD have gone to write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thorrrr, Mar 29, 2020.

1. thorrrr Win User

All HDD have gone to write protected other than C:/ ????

HI Guys
    I am posting this as a separate issue as i have another ticket open re other issues
    Other than my C:/ all my other HDD have gone to write protected and cannot fix it.
    I have tried diskpart attributes disk set readonly solution but didnt work.

I have not installed anything on my side but as you can see from other ticket.
    My partner installed a link from their workplace to work from home.
    I think it installed some type of image but would it block me from my HDDs?

I have no idea how to fix the HDD issue any ideas welcome please

:)

thorrrr, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 29, 2020
  3. freebird_9924, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. All HDD have gone to write protected other than C:/ ???? - Similar Threads - HDD gone write

2. How to remove write-protected in hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove write-protected in hdd: I already tried diskpart, regedit, formatting and AOMEI partition and nothing seems to be working unfortunately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-write-protected-in-hdd/53201a9f-3831-4b38-95d6-7109002a6ed7
  3. How to remove write-protected in hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove write-protected in hdd: I already tried diskpart, regedit, formatting and AOMEI partition and nothing seems to be working unfortunately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-write-protected-in-hdd/53201a9f-3831-4b38-95d6-7109002a6ed7
  4. Write protection on all discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Write protection on all discs: HelloFor some reason my Win 11 system decided to write protect all my storage.Tried using admin account and switching properties, it just keeps switching back up.I also tried using disk part to disable write protection it also did nothing. How do I fix this issue and why it...
  5. Write protection on all discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write protection on all discs: HelloFor some reason my Win 11 system decided to write protect all my storage.Tried using admin account and switching properties, it just keeps switching back up.I also tried using disk part to disable write protection it also did nothing. How do I fix this issue and why it...
  6. Drive C got Write-Protected!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive C got Write-Protected!: Hello everyone... It was few days ago, Noticed My Computer's Drive C has gotten Write-Protected...I did all the things about registry-key, CMD commands and some other things...It Would Be Great If You Show Me The Way To Fix It and GET OUT OF THIS MADNESS : Sorry for bad...
  7. All drives on my tower have disappeared other than C:

All drives on my tower have disappeared other than C:: Drive E: or F: has previously recognized the insertion of a camera card and would then import photos. This afternoon I inserted the card, and nothing happened. I looked at whatever I could of the system configuration, and it showed a drive E: and inserting the card seemed to...
  8. microSD write-protected on one laptop but not the other?

microSD write-protected on one laptop but not the other?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I tried to move some files from my laptop to my Samsung microSD, but Windows says it was write-protected. Checked the Lock switch but it was unlocked. Tried a registry tweak, and tried diskpart with the cmd line, but neither of those worked....
  9. All HHD have gone to write protected other than C:/ ????

in Windows 10 Support
    All HHD have gone to write protected other than C:/ ????: HI Guys I am posting this as a separate issue as i have another ticket open re other issues Other than my C:/ all my other HDD have gone to write protected and cannot fix it. I have tried diskpart attributes disk set readonly solution but didnt work. I have not installed...
  10. The media is write protected on internal HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    The media is write protected on internal HDD: After installing an mSata SSD as my main boot drive for Windows 10 Enterprise I can no longer write to the internal HDD. I have checked the read only status in disk part and everything is correct. If I pull the drive from the laptop and insert it into a usb dock I can write...