Windows 10: All HDD's inaccessible after reboot

Discus and support All HDD's inaccessible after reboot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Rebooted my Windows 10 machine today, now all of my HDD's are unreadable - 4 internal HDD's - 3 External HDD's (one is a set of raid drives) All of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AquaCynara, Nov 2, 2020.

1. All HDD's inaccessible after reboot

Rebooted my Windows 10 machine today, now all of my HDD's are unreadable

- 4 internal HDD's

- 3 External HDD's (one is a set of raid drives)

All of them were working fine until today. If I plug my external ones into my laptop I can read and see the data just fine. Booting up MiniTool Partition wizard on my machine I can see every drive, all of their labels, used space, etc.

Disk Management shows them all as RAW, file explorer says I need to format them to use.

I also have a Hackintosh on this machine, booting into it lets me see and read all the drives just fine. So it's specifically my desktop windows 10.

Using chkdsk, it reads the drives with their proper file system, name, etc. Using "/f" says it found no problems.

I don't see any updates available. I'm also not able to roll back as it says my PC was updated more than 10 days ago.

Version: 2004

OS Build: 19041.610

Anyone had this happen before? I have been googling for a solution, but I cant find anything.

submitted by /u/AquaCynara
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AquaCynara, Nov 2, 2020

2. HDD inaccessible

I have a HDD that is now inaccessible and would appreciate some advice before I take the next step.

My system has:
    -main SSD (CAll HDD's inaccessible after reboot :) which has the Win system and all frequently used programs.
    -secondary HDD (DAll HDD's inaccessible after reboot :) which has all data and infrequently used programs.

Briefly here is what has happened and what I have done:
    -about 2 days ago, the D: drive occasionally became very slow to access and eventually froze File Manager. A reboot would restore functionality for a short while but the problem would return.
    -I ran an "error check" on the HDD. It found and fixed errors but the above symptoms continued.
    -I ran a "chkdsk" on the HDD. It found and fixed errors but the above symptoms continued.
    -Ultimately, the D: is totally inaccessible. It does not appear in File Manager
    -Checking "Disk Management", the HDD is shown as "Disk 1 unknown" and it gives me a window asking to initialize the HDD as either MBR or GPT.
    -When I boot the computer, it used to boot in less that 30 seconds. Now the POST seems to take forever before proceeding to boot.

I'm inclined to initialize the HDD but I'm worried that this will delete all data on the HDD. (I do have a back up but it doesn't include hundreds of irreplaceable pictures from a recent vacation.)

Any advice before I proceed and screw this up any further?

dsscottage, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

All HDD's inaccessible after reboot

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

All HDD's inaccessible after reboot

1. All HDD's inaccessible after reboot - Similar Threads - HDD's inaccessible reboot

2. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...
  3. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...
  4. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD: BSOD has rendered my backups in my external hard drive inaccessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-with-backups-inaccessible-in-win-10/6ef3a18b-2791-4129-81d3-d18732e832b6
  6. External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD: BSOD has rendered my backups in my external hard drive inaccessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-with-backups-inaccessible-in-win-10/6ef3a18b-2791-4129-81d3-d18732e832b6
  7. External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot: After installing cumulative Windows 10 update for 20H2 and performing required reboot, went to Settings/Updates and saw error message saying there was a problem with the reboot and to repeat it. Ever since that second reboot I have not been able to access my acount.When I...
  9. Secondary HDD totally inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Secondary HDD totally inaccessible: Recently I encountered system slowdown and instability on my Windows 10 PC. After trying a large amount of troubleshooting steps, I've almost fixed the problem by using "Reset This PC" to reinstall Windows without removing personal files. However, there's still one issue:...
  10. HDD inaccessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD inaccessible: I have a HDD that is now inaccessible and would appreciate some advice before I take the next step. My system has: -main SSD (C:) which has the Win system and all frequently used programs. -secondary HDD (D:) which has all data and infrequently used programs. Briefly here...