Windows 10: All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio

Discus and support All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have 3 BenQ RL2460HT Monitors. They have 2 HDMI in Ports and an HDMI Out port with allows Video/Audio passthrough which is important for me since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EchoX860, Jul 9, 2017.

1. EchoX860 Win User

All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio

Hi, I have 3 BenQ RL2460HT Monitors. They have 2 HDMI in Ports and an HDMI Out port with allows Video/Audio passthrough which is important for me since I stream on Twitch. So my Xbox goes to my Monitor then to the Elgato which helps with input delay. One day I went to stream and the HDMI Out port had no audio, so I swapped to the other 2 monitors and none of them were able to get audio to my Elgato HD60S. I'm unsure if it's a BenQ issue or an Elgato issue. Could it be a Realtek issue since video works fine.

:)

EchoX860, Jul 9, 2017

2. flickering screen on dual monitors on Windows 10

Original title: Windows 10, dual monitors, DVI and HDMI

I have two monitors, an older Samsung (SyncMaster 245bw) and a new BenQ connected to an MD A8-7600 Radeon R7 adapter. There are 3 display ports on the computer - Analog (RGB), DVI and HDMI. The BenQ has an HDMI port, so I connect it that way. When I connect
    the Samsung through the analog port I can set up dual monitors and everything works fine. When I connect the Samsung through the DVI it goes black and the system promptly sees both monitors as one, but won't display anything except a black screen on the Samsung
    (so I can only see half the screen, displayed on the BenQ monitor). Rebooting has no effect.

Radeon settings sees both monitors no matter how they're connected, but Windows display settings refuses to see the Samsung when connected through DVI. It sees it just fine through Analog.

All drivers have been updated, btw.

Is it just that the Samsung is too old, or is there some work-around for what feels like a conflict in Windows. Is there a way to make the Radeon s/w control both monitors and take windows completely out of the equation?

YesIwant12, Jul 9, 2017
  3. rau1 Win User
    Surface 3 / Win 10 Not Recognising External Monitor

I have a relatively new Surface3, recently upgraded to Win 10. I have since purchased a BenQ LCD monitor (model EW2440).

Connection is miniDP on Surface 3 to HDMI on BenQ. I have a short MiniDP to HDMI adapter(F), then HDMI (M-M) cable to the monitor.

On connecting the monitor to the Surface, the monitor reports “HDMI no signal” and the Surface (Win 10) does not react to the presence of the device at all. (If I remove the HDMI cable, monitor says “No cable connected” - so it at least knows the
    HDMI cable is plugged in).

I've verified the Monitor is not defective by plugging it in to a Win7 Laptop equipped with HDMI. Works fine.

ALSO – I can connect the Surface to a HDMI input on my TV and that works fine. Suggests communication via HDMI from Surface, and the cables, are OK.

It is just when the Surface connects to the BenQ that neither device appears to “see” the other.

I verified that the Graphics adapter/driver is the latest provided by Microsoft. (Intel has a later drive but does not recommend replacing the custom MS variant of the driver.)

What could be the problem?

rau1, Jul 9, 2017
  4. All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio

Right click the speaker icon in notifications area of the taskbar, down by the clock. Then select "playback devices". To get audio out of HDMI it needs to be set to Digital Display Audio. That's what it lists for me. Mine is set to Speakers as its my laptop and I don't have an HDMI display connected. If that's not your issue it must be a monitor setting?

alphanumeric, Jul 9, 2017
  5. EchoX860 Win User
    It says that none of these are plugged in there's like 5-6 Digital Display Audios.

EchoX860, Jul 9, 2017
  6. How many you have I think depends on how many ports you have on your video card. I only had the one entry on my laptop. I'm on my desktop PC and have 5 entries. All my NVidia High Definition Audio entries show not plugged in. All my monitors are DVI.

A more detailed view of your setup would help. Are you trying to get your PC audio to the Elgato or your XBOX audio to the Elgato? If its the XBOX ignore what I posted above, It must be a setting in the monitor setup menu. If its the PC audio you want, what are you using for speakers etc? If the sound doesn't go to the monitors speakers it will never pass through to the Elgato.

7. EchoX860 Win User
    Well I have my Xbox One and Xbox 360 going into a Bi-Directional Switcher (which has never given me this issue before) via HDMI, I have also tried a direct connection, the Switcher then connects to HDMI 1 in one of my Monitors. The Monitor that it's plugged into it connected to my PC via DVI and I've also tried one that's connected via HDMI to an Active Mini DP Adapter and another one that's just straight HDMI. I've had this setup for a while and it's never caused an issue. What I'm trying to do is get my audio from my Xbox through the Monitor to the Elgato to the Elgato Software which I've been able to do successfully until recently which made me wonder what started causing the issue.

EchoX860, Jul 9, 2017
  8. All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio

Ok, since you have more than one monitor, swap in a second monitor in place of the Elgato. If you get video and sound on the second monitor you know the issue is with the Elgato. If you only get video but no sound its with the monitor or XBOX etc. If you have no sound on both monitors its a problem with the XBOX or switcher.

9. EchoX860 Win User
    On the 2nd monitor, would I unplug the cables from it and just leave the cable from the 1st monitor plugged into the HDMI In port?

EchoX860, Jul 9, 2017
  10. Yes

11. EchoX860 Win User
    Edit: That was my bad, had it in the wrong input. Okay, so we have video but no audio at all. I can clearly hear the audio on Monitor A, but via HDMI Output, no audio at all to Monitor B

EchoX860, Jul 9, 2017
  12. EchoX860 Win User
    For fun I tried Monitor A HDMI Out to Monitor C Hdmi In and there was no signal at all.

EchoX860, Jul 9, 2017
  13. All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio

If you have sound on monitor A, but none on monitor B, its an issue with the HDMI OUT. Or the cable going between the two.

14. EchoX860 Win User
    I've tried a few different cables, but what I was unsure of was why all 3 HDMI Out ports would stop working at possibly around the same time

EchoX860, Jul 9, 2017
  15. I have no idea? The fact that you have audio on the first monitor in the chain means its not a PC or XBOX setting issue. If it was there would be no sound period.

Thema:

All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio

1. All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio - Similar Threads - HDMI ports BenQ

2. HDMI audio out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI audio out: Windows 11I am currently using an HDMI adapter to connect my soundbar optical in and laptop HDMI out. My soundbar does not have a HDMI port so that's why. It has been working fine for 2 years with HDMI Audio. This HDMI adapter has an additional adapter HDMI port for...
  3. HDMI audio out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI audio out: Windows 11I am currently using an HDMI adapter to connect my soundbar optical in and laptop HDMI out. My soundbar does not have a HDMI port so that's why. It has been working fine for 2 years with HDMI Audio. This HDMI adapter has an additional adapter HDMI port for...
  4. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those...
  5. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those...
  6. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    monitor works with hdmi but not display port: recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec on). then one afternoon i restarted my pc and the displayport wasnt working anymore. tried the hdmi cable, and that one worked....
  8. HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker: Hi guys, anyone know how can i use hdmi audio when i connects to a monitor without audio? Iss there a setting to set it manually either on win 10 settings or nvidea. Control panel? submitted by /u/fetpotatoh [link] [comments]...
  9. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized: Monitor: LG 34BK650-W 34" WFHD 2560x1080 connected using HDMI Windows 10 Before 5/12/2020 update my monitor was recognized as an audio output device and I could toggle between my monitor speakers and headphones in the playback device menu. After the update, my monitor...
  10. Flickering Monitors Benq BL2420PT

Flickering Monitors Benq BL2420PT: I have two Benq monitors (connected on surface dock with displayport cables), which have had issues with Windows 59Hz automatic setting since day dot, but resolution was simple in setting Hertz to 60Hz. New Surface Laptop 3 will not hold this setting as below article seems to...