Windows 10: All icon images have disappeared, and can't open app properties

Discus and support All icon images have disappeared, and can't open app properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am sorry that I am of no help to you. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nemosisa, Jan 24, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

All icon images have disappeared, and can't open app properties

I am sorry that I am of no help to you.

davidhk, Jan 24, 2016
  2. mysorian Win User

Most probably your computer has a Trojan. You may find which Trojan from the Windows Defender program. However removal of this is complicated.
    http://hodentekhelp.blogspot.com/201...r-offline.html
    My best suggestion is to you is to back up your data to cloud and ask Microsoft store nearby to clean up your computer.

mysorian, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Nemosisa Win User
    I already scanned my computer with multiple antivirus programs, they all came up saying my PC is fine.

Nemosisa, Jan 25, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

OK.
    I am going to speculate that your user account is corrupted.
    To prove or disprove my speculation, please create another user account, presumably an admin account > logon to it and see if your issue persists.
    If not, use that new account for a few days to make sure. If all goes well, logon back on to the corrupted account, backup whatever you want to keep and then delete the account.

davidhk, Jan 25, 2016
  5. Nemosisa Win User
    The new account I made also has the same issue.

Nemosisa, Jan 25, 2016
  6. mysorian Win User
    Can you answer?

mysorian, Jan 25, 2016
  7. Nemosisa Win User
    Windows defender says everything is up to date, real time protection is on, and when I scanned it showed no issues.

Nemosisa, Jan 26, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

I am out of ideas.
    I apologize.
    Someone else will come along to help you.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Jan 26, 2016
  9. Nemosisa Win User
    Thank you for all your help so far. If I find no other solution I will do a backup and factory reset.

Nemosisa, Jan 26, 2016
  10. mysorian Win User
    Windows defender can only do so much. This Trojan is insidious. Even after removing it, it still lurks somewhere creating a drive 3 and comes back with windows update. Your best bet is complete clean up. Microsoft store will do it for you free.

mysorian, Jan 26, 2016
  11. Nemosisa Win User
    Is there any way to do this myself at home? I have pretty good tech knowledge, I've worked in IT jobs previously, this so far is the only software issue I haven't been able to fix myself.

Nemosisa, Jan 26, 2016
  12. Nemosisa Win User
    I ended up doing a system restore, keeping my files but not my installed programs- this solved the issue.

Nemosisa, Jan 31, 2016
  13. khoiwin Win User

My computer also has that problem. I'm running a system scan, and I tried many things. I'm so tired now, can you please help?

khoiwin, Apr 1, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. All icon images have disappeared, and can't open app properties - Similar Threads - icon images disappeared

2. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  3. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  4. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App icons are blank and properties doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons are blank and properties doesn't open: Hi, after turning my pc off and back on today, it booted up unusually fast and the icons of apps and files don't load.On my desktop, the only thing shown are the names of the apps and for the apps on the top of my screen, there's no space for any icon, as in the app name is...
  6. App icons are blank and properties doesn't open

App icons are blank and properties doesn't open: Hi, after turning my pc off and back on today, it booted up unusually fast and the icons of apps and files don't load.On my desktop, the only thing shown are the names of the apps and for the apps on the top of my screen, there's no space for any icon, as in the app name is...
  7. App icons are blank and properties doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. ALL Icons are gone + can't open most File/Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL Icons are gone + can't open most File/Folder Properties: So It's been a couple of weeks that I've tried to resolve this issue, with no success. I first asked for help from the HP Community, but have had no success so I'm hoping for better luck here. I will try to summarize everything I have tried below. Hopefully, my post is not...
  9. ALL Icons are gone + can't open most File/Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL Icons are gone + can't open most File/Folder Properties: So It's been a couple of weeks that I've tried to resolve this issue, with no success. I first asked for help from the HP Community, but have had no success so I'm hoping for better luck here. I will try to summarize everything I have tried below. Hopefully, my post is not...
  10. ALL Icons are gone + can't open most File/Folder Properties