Windows 10: all icon open the same application

Discus and support all icon open the same application in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Suddenly the icons in my computer changed. They all open the same application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndresCampos1, Mar 2, 2021.

1. all icon open the same application

Suddenly the icons in my computer changed. They all open the same application

:)

AndresCampos1, Mar 2, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

all icon open the same application

Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the computer doesn’t work properly. However, we will need some information from you:

• Are you facing this issue with all the applications or with specific application?

You can change the size for opening of the program as Normal Window, Maximized or Minimized. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change the settings:

• Right click on the icon of the application and click on Properties.
    • Under Run select the size of the window from the drop-down list.
    • Now, click on Apply and OK.

Ideally, the applications are opened on the same position on the screen as they were closed last time. This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to create a new user account, and
    check if the issue persists. Follow the steps from the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 to create
    a new user account.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

all icon open the same application

1. all icon open the same application - Similar Threads - icon open same

2. All Windows applications are not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Windows applications are not opening: Hi guys, recently i discovered that i couldnt open photos app. i then realised i cant open any windows app and Microsoft store doesnt open either, nor does game bar etc. Ive tried many of the basic fixes but cant solve it. When i went to try repair Windows store from Apps, it...
  3. All Windows applications are not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Windows applications are not opening: Hi guys, recently i discovered that i couldnt open photos app. i then realised i cant open any windows app and Microsoft store doesnt open either, nor does game bar etc. Ive tried many of the basic fixes but cant solve it. When i went to try repair Windows store from Apps, it...
  4. All Windows applications are not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Icon is the same: So basically all my png, jpeg, jpg, mp4 turned to this icon, is there anyway on how to fixed it, it's kinda annoying since there's photo preview before this happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-is-the-same/805e40c4-2468-46bf-afec-b89f830f2d67
  6. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Icon is the same: So basically all my png, jpeg, jpg, mp4 turned to this icon, is there anyway on how to fixed it, it's kinda annoying since there's photo preview before this happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-is-the-same/805e40c4-2468-46bf-afec-b89f830f2d67
  7. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Application icons are all gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application icons are all gone.: My english is really broke, but i'll still try to explain this. So, suddenly, almost all of my icons are gone, they're just blank. But here's the thing - when i pin whatever app to the taskbar, and then unpin it, it somehow brings app icon back. Here's the example:...
  9. All application installation dates are the same

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All application installation dates are the same: After the Windows 10 feature update to 20H2, in the control panel, it is showing all of my application installation dates as today. Did this update completely install windows, and all of my applications? Is this a bug?...
  10. the same icon for all drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the same icon for all drives?: Hi, I have a strange issue. I have a used headset on my computer and mow I don't use it anymore. Problem is every time I use an usb stick (tried different ones) I get the icon from the headset. How can I change that back to the default drive icon? I'm using an usb switch so...