Windows 10: All icons in file explorer and desktop either gone completely or turned to default windows...

Discus and support All icons in file explorer and desktop either gone completely or turned to default windows... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It only started happening today when I restarted my computer and it appeared like this, I can't find an answer anywhere online. No this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshKlootwyk, Jun 24, 2020.

1. All icons in file explorer and desktop either gone completely or turned to default windows...

All icons in file explorer and desktop either gone completely or turned to default windows... e36263df-6b89-4144-980e-928af4940bed?upload=true.png

It only started happening today when I restarted my computer and it appeared like this, I can't find an answer anywhere online. No this is not Windows XP this is a Windows 10 Skin I've had for a whole year it is 100% not the cause. My view settings in file explorer haven't changed at all.

:)

AshKlootwyk, Jun 24, 2020

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 24, 2020
  4. sturpe Win User

All icons in file explorer and desktop either gone completely or turned to default windows...

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

All icons in file explorer and desktop either gone completely or turned to default windows...

1. All icons in file explorer and desktop either gone completely or turned to default windows... - Similar Threads - icons file explorer

2. all my files on desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my files on desktop are gone: hello , i logged into my iCloud this morning and after i was done all files on my desktop are gone and got logged out of my accounts . i tried restarting and everything but it didnt do anything . my one drive dose not work and it says the location got changed or got deleted ....
  3. All My Files on desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All My Files on desktop are gone: I Dont know what happen .i just turn on my laptop then i check my files ,my apps,my photo ,my project in desktop missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-on-desktop-are-gone/9d0b4556-4924-47f4-a400-511730cbfb0d
  4. Red desktop background and all icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red desktop background and all icons are gone: I recently booted up my pc after a while and the background is now red, my icons are gone, and whenever I try to do anything it just loads for a while and then does nothing. submitted by /u/Zuedead115 [link] [comments]...
  5. Turned on computer, all files are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turned on computer, all files are gone: This is a Dell desktop running Windows 10, with Malwarebytes for antivirus. I turned off last night and all was fine. This morning I turned it on and everything is changed. My background photo is gone, the tiles are rearranged, and worst of all every single file I had is...
  6. Normal Desktop Icons all gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Normal Desktop Icons all gone: My Windows 10 Desktop suddenly doesn't show my usual icons--I had personalized it with links I use often. Now, it only shows my background photo and icons i'm not familiar with. Am I in a different mode that I don't realize? It doesn't show any browser options ??? and...
  7. Default desktop apps icons gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default desktop apps icons gone: So for a long time, my default desktop icons have been invisible. Apps like settings, Microsoft Store, xbox and Minecraft have no taskbar icons. I have look everywhere to find a fix, but nothing ever works. Essentially I have no idea what apps I have open if there like this...
  8. Desktop and File Explorer icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and File Explorer icons gone: Hello! I have readed some other posts about people who had the same problem as me, but none of those solutions worked for me. Basically today I booted up my computer and all of my icons are randomly gone, in File Explorer and on the desktop. I cannot go to...
  9. All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop: Hi all, On turning on my laptop yesterday (for the first time in a couple of days), all my icons are now missing: [img] This also includes thumbnails, etc: [img] I have tried restarting / full shutdown a few times with no effect. Any suggestions much...
  10. Desktop Icons all gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons all gone?: I have the latest update of Win 10... Booted computer this morning and all of my desktop icons are gone. Could anyone help me find them? *Smile The desktop now defaults to a Win10 desktop but when I go to "desktop" there is nothing there. All help appreciated. wayne 53950