Windows 10: All icons in notification area disappeared in Windows 10

Discus and support All icons in notification area disappeared in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All icons in notification area disappeared in Windows 10 except the clock, I have tried the following steps: right click the task bar-Task bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Addy383, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Addy383 Win User

All icons in notification area disappeared in Windows 10

All icons in notification area disappeared in Windows 10 except the clock, I have tried the following steps: right click the task bar-Task bar settings-Notification area - I have checked these two area "Select which icon appear on the task bar" and "Turn system icons on or off". but I found that the network and volume icons both are turned on, and even I restart the Windows but the problem still there. Can someone help me to resume the network and volume icons in the notification area? I have two screen shots for your reference. All icons in notification area disappeared in Windows 10 bd28c87f-14e4-4352-b9bf-01e079e24275?upload=true.jpg All icons in notification area disappeared in Windows 10 9108ed4f-fdfd-4e67-adac-b818b2ae23bd?upload=true.jpg

:)

Addy383, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Hans L Win User
    Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Jul 9, 2020
  4. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. All icons in notification area disappeared in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - icons notification area

2. Show all icons in the notification area Windows 11 - permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show all icons in the notification area Windows 11 - permanently: I want to show all icons in the notification area in Windows 11. This was simple in Windows 10. You just chose to show all icons, and never had to think about it again.In Windows 11, it seems like you have to manually turn on every single icon. Then when even a minor update...
  3. Always show all icons in the notification area - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always show all icons in the notification area - Windows 11: Sadly "always show all icons in the notification area" no longer exists used to with Windows 10 under Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Other system tray icons.I want that behaviour to return and I cannot with Windows 11, it's the only Windows 10 feature I miss.Every...
  4. Always show all icons in the notification area - Windows 11

Always show all icons in the notification area - Windows 11: Sadly "always show all icons in the notification area" no longer exists used to with Windows 10 under Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Other system tray icons.I want that behaviour to return and I cannot with Windows 11, it's the only Windows 10 feature I miss.Every...
  5. Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]: I want Windows to ALWAYS show ALL icons in the notification area by default, which worked as expected until recently. After installing Windows update KB5022913 on 28 February 2023, however, some icons are always hidden in the notification area when I turn on my computer....
  6. Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]

Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]: I want Windows to ALWAYS show ALL icons in the notification area by default, which worked as expected until recently. After installing Windows update KB5022913 on 28 February 2023, however, some icons are always hidden in the notification area when I turn on my computer....
  7. Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area: I don't know what the developers were thinking when they decided to simply remove this most basic of settings, but I could really use the option. The shell command workaround does not persist on reboots.It's inordinately annoying to have to make every new taskbar icon visible...
  8. Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area

Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area: I don't know what the developers were thinking when they decided to simply remove this most basic of settings, but I could really use the option. The shell command workaround does not persist on reboots.It's inordinately annoying to have to make every new taskbar icon visible...
  9. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  10. Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 How to Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app and system icons that provide status and notifications about things like incoming...