Windows 10: All Icons Missing

Discus and support All Icons Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an issue with Windows 10. All of the desktop icons, including file icons are missing. Everything is invisible. When I open File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErikaLibertini, May 13, 2020.

1. All Icons Missing

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Windows 10. All of the desktop icons, including file icons are missing. Everything is invisible. When I open File Explorer, the whole left panel Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. is invisible, too.

I already tried checking that desktop icons were enabled in Settings, Personalization, Themes, etc., and that Show Desktop Items is checked off after right clicking and clicking View, so something else is causing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as finals week is coming up and I can't see any of my files!

:)

ErikaLibertini, May 13, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 13, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 13, 2020
  4. Nomgle Win User

All Icons Missing

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile All Icons Missing :)

Nomgle, May 13, 2020
Thema:

All Icons Missing

1. All Icons Missing - Similar Threads - Icons Missing

2. My laptop battery icon is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop battery icon is missing: I can't see the battery icon. It's plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-battery-icon-is-missing/1bd74597-1145-4881-9ffe-98b0a87e233d
  3. My laptop battery icon is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop battery icon is missing: I can't see the battery icon. It's plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-battery-icon-is-missing/1bd74597-1145-4881-9ffe-98b0a87e233d
  4. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  5. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  6. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing: PLEASE HELP ITS BEEN DAYS and i need my computer for work. I have tried so many solutions from other posts but none work. I am on Windows 10 my PC a couple days ago had corrupted files i fixed it by using the sfc /sannow method. Fast forward like a week i turn on my PC and...
  8. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing: PLEASE HELP ITS BEEN DAYS and i need my computer for work. I have tried so many solutions from other posts but none work. I am on Windows 10 my PC a couple days ago had corrupted files i fixed it by using the sfc /sannow method. Fast forward like a week i turn on my PC and...
  9. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. The icon for sending a file is missing in Copilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon for sending a file is missing in Copilot: yesterday I was able to download PDF files on my mobile Copilot. Today I log in and there is no button. I went to the browser version, there is this button, but you can’t select files, only pictures...