Windows 10: All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10

Discus and support All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon and had some blurry text issue which I resolved with the help of below thread: Blurry text Solved - Page 10 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jk22, Oct 18, 2018.

1. jk22 Win User

All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10

Hey guys,

I have Lenovo X1 Carbon and had some blurry text issue which I resolved with the help of below thread:

Blurry text Solved - Page 10 - Windows 10 Forums

After doing so whenever I do switch user and leave desk and come back to login than I see all Desktop icons get re-arrange and I have to arrange again which is very frustating.

How to resolve it ?

Regards.

:)

2. auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 18, 2018
  4. All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10

auto arrange icons in windows 10

I have a problem with auto arrange icons in windows 10 and I can't find any answer to this problem in your site.

Each time the computer going to sleep or restarting, the icons auto-arrange themselves on the desktop and in right-clicking "View" the option "auto-arrange" is checked although it was not before.

Computer HP Z240

ESET-NOD-32 Antivirus9

folder appearance, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10

1. All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - icons arranged auto

2. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  3. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  4. Auto Arrange in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Arrange in Windows 10: Why was the option to turn off "Auto Arrange" in File explorer removed from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-arrange-in-windows-10/675b9e4f-58f9-407b-a8d0-70e4b03287f5
  5. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  6. Desktop icons keep re-arranging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons keep re-arranging: Why do my desktop icons get rearranged each time a start up or even when I click on one of the icons and then come back to the desktop? This is very annoying. [Original Title: Desktop icons]...
  7. no "auto arrange" in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no "auto arrange" in Windows 10?: my windows 10 does not have icon "auto arrange". I did, view->large icons->right click...nothing anywhere no "auto arrange" yes I used the right-click. I'm using Windows 7 and I have "auto arrange". I really "like" Windows 7, see the pun. I've tried everything I can...
  8. All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10: Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon and had some blurry text issue which I resolved with the help of below thread: Blurry text Solved - Page 10 - Windows 10 Forums After doing so whenever I do switch user and leave desk and come back to login than I see all Desktop icons get...
  9. Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside of the Task View. I organize my taskbar icons(pinned/running) for each desktop. When I switch desktops the Icons will...
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...