Windows 10: All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help.

Discus and support All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just booted my pc this morning and suddenly all my icons/thumbnails where gone. Also, when I right-click any folder or executable and click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Recticle_420, Nov 3, 2019.

1. All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help.

I just booted my pc this morning and suddenly all my icons/thumbnails where gone.

Also, when I right-click any folder or executable and click properties, it doesn't open the properties.

I can't find any solution on the internet on how to fix it, I even tried resetting my pc (while keeping personal files) but I kept getting a message that something went wrong so I can't do a reset. Reinstalling from a flash drive also didn't work.

The day before everything was fine and all I did was play some games, and shut down my pc when I went to bed.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here (without losing my personal files). Thank you.

submitted by /u/Recticle_420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Recticle_420, Nov 3, 2019

2. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

All of a my preview for my images are gone...

I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions.

In explorer under view/options under View "Always show icons never thumbnails" is unchecked.
    I also tried to choose "Restore Defaults" from there as well with no luck. Yes, I closed and re-opened
    explorer after the change.

I under went under Control Panel/System/Advanced/System Properties/Performance and
    made sure "Save Taskbar Thumbnail Previews" was checked as well as "Show thumbnails instead of icons"
    was also checked.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Any help appreciated. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

orlandotek, Nov 3, 2019
  3. All icons and thumbnails are gone

Good day everyone.

Today my machine failed to start wampserver so I had to reboot.

Once windows started, desktop and taskbar icons were gone. Here's a screenshot:

All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help. bf965904-971b-4537-b0e0-5db813128296.png

You can also notice that explorer icons are all gone too including thumbnails.

I tried many solutions online including removing iconCache*.db files and thumbnailCache files, upon restart they were rebuilt but the problem wasn't gone.

I would like to hear any suggestions on how I can fix this without reinstalling the OS.

Maybe it's worth to mention that before that reboot I had connected to an external screen (I'm using a laptop) and that usually alters the position of my icons on the desktop since the screen is fairly big.

Thank you for your help.

StrayPointer, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Brunginho Win User

All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help.

All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop

Hi all,

On turning on my laptop yesterday (for the first time in a couple of days), all my icons are now missing:

All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help. [​IMG]

This also includes thumbnails, etc:

All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help. [​IMG]

I have tried restarting / full shutdown a few times with no effect.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul

Brunginho, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help.

1. All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help. - Similar Threads - Icons Thumbnails gone

2. Help!!! All my *Icons* are gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help!!! All my *Icons* are gone!: Help! All of my icons are gone after I uninstalled a software called IObit :All icons on my desktop, taskbar and file explorer are just gone.here is what they look like.TaskbarWindows file explorerDesktopI also changed my visual settings for best performance, so everything is...
  3. PLEASE HELP ALL MY STUFF IS GONE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PLEASE HELP ALL MY STUFF IS GONE: When i tried to make another account for windows i disabled my main account and i cant change it back because i was stupid and now i cant enable my account back and it deleted all my stuff can someone help...
  4. Can't install ANY app at all, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install ANY app at all, please help!: I've installed windows 10 at my old lenovo laptop. Most drivers got installed by windows update and i installed 1 or 2 manually. The thing is everything works just fine except i can't install any app or program at all. I download the installers but when i run .exe to install...
  5. Help! all icons on pc are gone

Help! all icons on pc are gone: i installed a new gpu today and everything was working perfectly, but when I restarted my pc all the icons don't show. The apps are still there but the icons are not. I cleared the iconcache with cmd and normally and did the scan on cmd to find corrupt files but nothing is...
  6. All of my desktop icons are gone please help (more in comments)

All of my desktop icons are gone please help (more in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whatis0atmeal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izw9nf/all_of_my_desktop_icons_are_gone_please_help_more/
  7. HELP PLEASE ALL MY FILES ARE GONE !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP PLEASE ALL MY FILES ARE GONE !: This happened to me last week when I tried to restart and update my windows, I literally have no clue what happened even some of the driver is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-all-my-files-are-gone/1c9c0682-f4c7-41c0-9cb0-29aa624a11b6
  8. Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone: Alright, I was doing some routine cleaning with Ccleaner two days ago, and one of the areas cleaned was the Thumbnail cache. When it finished, I discovered that in Large View mode, none of my icons or thumbnails regenerated. I can still see them in Medium, Small, Tiles,...
  9. can't find all the apps in windows 10..please help !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find all the apps in windows 10..please help !!: i can' find apps like calculator, alarms or even webcam......until I hv to open store to open these apps...please help 22801
  10. All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop: Hi all, On turning on my laptop yesterday (for the first time in a couple of days), all my icons are now missing: [img] This also includes thumbnails, etc: [img] I have tried restarting / full shutdown a few times with no effect. Any suggestions much...