Windows 10: All-In-One Scanner Does Not Work with Windows 10 Version 1803 - Prints Fine

Discus and support All-In-One Scanner Does Not Work with Windows 10 Version 1803 - Prints Fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Scanner is a Brother MFC-L2740DW - I upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems. The All-In-One Device Prints but does not Scan. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClarkSmith4th, Sep 17, 2019.

1. All-In-One Scanner Does Not Work with Windows 10 Version 1803 - Prints Fine

My Scanner is a Brother MFC-L2740DW - I upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems. The All-In-One Device Prints but does not Scan. I had to Downgrade to the Previous Windows Version and it works perfect!

My computer is saying my Windows Version is nearing the end of support. If I upgrade, I lose my Scanner. Is there a FIX? I heard this is due to TWAIN no longer supported. Can I switch the Scanner to WIA? Thanks in advance.

:)

ClarkSmith4th, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Cannot print after update to version 1803

Welcome to TenForums @Statman

Many HP printers only support SMB1. See this pdf for the list...
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05547920

If the HP Color Laserjet is on that list, enable the SMB1 client on the PC in Windows Features. By default SMB1 is turned off in 1803.

All-In-One Scanner Does Not Work with Windows 10 Version 1803 - Prints Fine [​IMG]

3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 17, 2019
  4. All-In-One Scanner Does Not Work with Windows 10 Version 1803 - Prints Fine

Brother MFC-7820N Prints But No Scanner

Migrated from Windows XP to Windows 10, and printer works fine but scanner function and PC no longer communicate over the network. Doesn't matter if starting from scanner or computer. Reloaded drivers and had computer search for new devices without effect.
    Suggestion of the next step appreciated.

BeverlyRedd, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

All-In-One Scanner Does Not Work with Windows 10 Version 1803 - Prints Fine

1. All-In-One Scanner Does Not Work with Windows 10 Version 1803 - Prints Fine - Similar Threads - Scanner Does Version

2. All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.: I upgraded my laptop and have the all-in-one printer/scanner. I downloaded and installed the driver from Epson support site; however, scanner doesn't work. Error message states it cannot communicate with scanner....
  3. All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.: I upgraded my laptop and have the all-in-one printer/scanner. I downloaded and installed the driver from Epson support site; however, scanner doesn't work. Error message states it cannot communicate with scanner....
  4. All-in-one scanner will not work after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 and Brother all-in-one printer/scanner.

Windows 10 and Brother all-in-one printer/scanner.: How do I connect my Brother MFC-L2740DW scanner to my computer. I have tried adding drivers, etc. Please anybody got a clue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-brother-all-in-one-printerscanner/3df2db40-b8e0-4b39-a941-c922a8295f07
  6. All in One printer /scanner

All in One printer /scanner: Ihave an Epson All in One printer scanner that is installed on my pc correctly and i am able to print anything just fine . However Windows is not recognising my scanner at all . Any suggestions ?...
  7. Are all features in version 1903 working fine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are all features in version 1903 working fine?: Today, when windows update automatically checked for version 1903 then i used update assistant to update my PC and my PC got successfully updated but i have some confusions regarding it. As everyone said that after 1903 update we will see users account picture in settings...
  8. windows 10 1803 and Epson scanner

windows 10 1803 and Epson scanner: When will Microsoft fix issues with updates to Windows 10 that renders printers and scanners useless. Since the update to Windows 10 version 1803 my Epson scanner-printer does not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Epson software, downloaded new drivers, did a reinstall...
  9. My Epson Workforce 845 Scanner does not work. It prints fine but it gives me a...

My Epson Workforce 845 Scanner does not work. It prints fine but it gives me a...: My Epson Workforce 845 Scanner does not work. It prints fine, but it gives me a "communication Error" when trying to use the scanner. The driver is current and it is connected to a USB 2.0 port on my Dell Inspiron 3640....
  10. Windows 10 does not update to version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not update to version 1803: PC starts to update. starts to prepare for install. Gets to 86%, hangs for hours, and eventually fails at 89%. Tried Troubleshooting Assistant, but same result.Got an error message with the error code 0cx1900104....