Windows 10: All Install Files are suddenly non existent. First time ever!

Discus and support All Install Files are suddenly non existent. First time ever! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Went to open a common program and found it was no longer there. Tried a similar program with same result. So went to Files/Downloads/Install Files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nithig, Feb 9, 2020.

1. nithig Win User

All Install Files are suddenly non existent. First time ever!

Went to open a common program and found it was no longer there.
    Tried a similar program with same result.
    So went to Files/Downloads/Install Files and found it empty.
    (Fortunately had a back up so able to load all the files again).

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Could it result from an MS Update?

Also, how do I add the OS Build #? (went to profile page but can't find edit for laptop specs).

:)

nithig, Feb 9, 2020

2. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Havoc Win User
    Ethernet Driver Non Existant?

Hi all,

I'm doing a re-install of a friends laptop after it came down with some nasty viruses. The only thing that I am having issues with is the ethernet driver. The wireless has installed and is an intel unit. But the LAN driver is Broadcom, and the Acer website & Broadcom Website list a download that contains 3 files:

They are all called b57win32, but they are all different filetypes, one is a system file, the other a 'security catalogue' and the other a setup information file. There's no EXE of any kinda [this is what I want - I have no idea otherwise on how to instal the files?'

I've also tried is using the add new hardware wizard - this has resulted in failure as there is nothing on windows update if I turn the wireless on, and for some reason it doesn't like the driver that I have downloaded. Finally, I've tried right clicking on the Setup Information File and clicking install, and I've had no Joy with that either. I've got to be doing something wrong - Most confused!

Can anyone sort me out with a step-by-step guide of what to do, I feel a bit silly asking - But I haven't used a Windows PC in about 3 years. *Frown All Install Files are suddenly non existent. First time ever! :(

The machine is an Acer Aspire 5633WLMi Laptop with the 1.6 T5500 C2D, and I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks

Edd

Havoc, Feb 9, 2020
  4. All Install Files are suddenly non existent. First time ever!

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Okay. I have followred th instuctions to the ltter and am now trstngn to see if it wporked.

Sorry to say that it did not.

Charles.Haacker, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

All Install Files are suddenly non existent. First time ever!

1. All Install Files are suddenly non existent. First time ever! - Similar Threads - Install Files are

2. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  3. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  4. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Undeletable non-existent file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable non-existent file?: Hi, I was creating a download manager on my laptop and while testing the app I managed to somehow make an undeletable file which cannot be deleted because "The system cannot find the file specified." even though it shows in file explorer and the command line.I have tried so...
  6. Undeletable non-existent file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable non-existent file?: Hi, I was creating a download manager on my laptop and while testing the app I managed to somehow make an undeletable file which cannot be deleted because "The system cannot find the file specified." even though it shows in file explorer and the command line.I have tried so...
  7. Non-existent USB device is 'connected' ever 3 seconds, won't stop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-existent USB device is 'connected' ever 3 seconds, won't stop: Windows is giving me an issue with a USB device being 'connected' and 'disconnected' every 3 seconds or so, making the annoying 'bee-diddle-dee' sound every time. At first I thought I had a failing device or something, but after unplugging every single USB device and any...
  8. First time installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    First time installation: I am putting windows first time did i need product key or jst iso for installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-time-installation/2e96ae21-e303-4c08-a200-2bb785d17123
  9. Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever: Imgur: The magic of the Internet Randomly happened after like 4+ hours of playing a game that I have been playing for a month straight with no issues.This is a first time this error happened. Posted dumpfile below. 136804
  10. first letter doesn't type all of a sudden

in Cortana
    first letter doesn't type all of a sudden: the first letter doesn't type all of a sudden https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-letter-doesnt-type-all-of-a-sudden/00a06688-c29d-4774-bfa4-1cc73f165ce5"