Windows 10: All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink

Discus and support All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; It's been roughly a week of research, trying different solutions to fix this problem but no dice. Strange thing is that I am able to install the Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by atomx1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. atomx1 Win User

All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink

It's been roughly a week of research, trying different solutions to fix this problem but no dice.

Strange thing is that I am able to install the Intel driver in safe mode with no screen problems. The problem occurs only when booting into normal windows. The only exception for the screen working using normal boot is if I use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver instead of the Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver.

Description of the problem (with Intel drivers installed) :
    1. When I hit the login screen, I get some pixelation on the screen (not too much)
    2. Randomly I get a black screen after logging in with only the cursor showing. The only thing I can do then is to wait and sometimes the screen comes back, or to use ctrl+alt+del.
    3. When the screen does work, it is very pixelated with a lot of pink pixels as well as pixelated text.

Things I've tried:
    1. System restore
    2. Reinstalling/resetting the os and wiping out everything including all partitions
    3. Installing all the Intel driver versions and ones from my laptops manufacturer website
    4. I've tried chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands
    5. Using DDU to clean out drivers before installing new drivers. Also used Easy Driver to find the best drivers to update with
    6. Stopping windows from auto updating when installing drivers I want to test.
    7. Cleaned out the laptop hardware and fans
    8. Tried a second monitor using HDMI (problem persists on second monitor)

System information:
    1. Lenovo Edge 15 80k9
    2. Windows 10 home edition 64 bit
    3. Intel Hd graphics 5500

I'm at my wits end here and really need it to work asap. Hope someone can help fix this issue. Any other information needed I can supply. Thanks in advance!

:)

atomx1, Aug 4, 2019
  2. atomx1 Win User

It's been roughly a week of research, trying different solutions to fix this problem but no dice.

Strange thing is that I am able to install the Intel driver in safe mode with no screen problems. The problem occurs only when booting into normal windows. The only exception for the screen working using normal boot is if I use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver instead of the Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver.

Description of the problem (with Intel drivers installed) :
    1. When I hit the login screen, I get some pixelation on the screen (not too much)
    2. Randomly I get a black screen after logging in with only the cursor showing. The only thing I can do then is to wait and sometimes the screen comes back, or to use ctrl+alt+del.
    3. When the screen does work, it is very pixelated with a lot of pink pixels as well as pixelated text.

Things I've tried:
    1. System restore
    2. Reinstalling/resetting the os and wiping out everything including all partitions
    3. Installing all the Intel driver versions and ones from my laptops manufacturer website
    4. I've tried chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands
    5. Using DDU to clean out drivers before installing new drivers. Also used Easy Driver to find the best drivers to update with
    6. Stopping windows from auto updating when installing drivers I want to test.
    7. Cleaned out the laptop hardware and fans
    8. Tried a second monitor using HDMI (problem persists on second monitor)

System information:
    1. Lenovo Edge 15 80k9
    2. Windows 10 home edition 64 bit
    3. Intel Hd graphics 5500

I'm at my wits end here and really need it to work asap. Hope someone can help fix this issue. Any other information needed I can supply. Thanks in advance!

atomx1, Sep 29, 2019
  3. atomx1 Win User

The only reason I've done numerous things is because of the problem I am having now with the Intel drivers being problematic. Otherwise I wouldn't have done anything this drastic. Kinda desperate for a fix at this point. I don't go willy nilly changing things; the stuff I've done is from other thread suggested fixes for similar problems to mine.

atomx1, Sep 29, 2019
  4. All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink

Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from
    there that I found the problem with black screen upon installing intel hd graphics drivers. Apparently, installation always stopped due to the computer's power plan/policy. It happens that the intel graphics driver won't work with the default Balanced Power
    Plan, which seems to be the default when installing Windows 10 1803. Therefore, to correct the black screen, I entered into Safe Mode and reinstalled the problematic intel graphics driver, then went to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
    Under the Balanced (recommended) option, I selected Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings, then expanding the 'Intel (R) Graphics Settings > Intel (R) Graphics Power Plan', I set both On battery and Plugged in to "Maximum Performance". Then
    I restarted my computer and voila! It worked. No black screen again.

LemurLeison, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink - Similar Threads - intel graphics driver

2. Black screen whenever i update driver for intel graphic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen whenever i update driver for intel graphic: Hello , i have a problem on my gaming laptop, i format it recently and while updating drivers I got a black screen, can’t update drivers for my intel graphic 630, the PC restart many times and solve the problems by uninstalling the driver, my PC work fine without the intel...
  3. Black screen whenever i update driver for intel graphic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen whenever i update driver for intel graphic: Hello , i have a problem on my gaming laptop, i format it recently and while updating drivers I got a black screen, can’t update drivers for my intel graphic 630, the PC restart many times and solve the problems by uninstalling the driver, my PC work fine without the intel...
  4. "Intel UHD Graphics" driver causes black black screen freeze when moving video content plays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Intel UHD Graphics" driver causes black black screen freeze when moving video content plays: A Dell Inspiron 7790 AIO, Win10 20H2 build 19042 is freezing to a black screen dark but faintly lit when we play MP4 files, or view certain videos on youtube, or view other online browser based video players.The graphics device is a "Intel UHD Graphics" card. The most...
  5. Graphic Driver causes black screen

Graphic Driver causes black screen: Hi there, I hope you are doing well ^^! So, i'm facing a serious trouble with my new graphic card "GTX 760" and i hope you could help me guys, First, check out my PC config => Config : - Mobo : MSI Z87M Gaming - Cpu: Intel Core i5 4éme Gen 4460 / 3.2 Ghz OC: 3.5 Ghz - Ram :...
  6. Black screen during Intel Graphics driver enabling

Black screen during Intel Graphics driver enabling: HiMy Dell Inspiron 5459 was giving flickering issues. I have got the display cable changed and since then facing very peculiar issue.When the Intel Graphics 520 is enabled, the display in BIOS Dell splash logo remains in laptop screen, but immediately once system enters WIN...
  7. Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530: Hello, i recently reset my pc, but after all the driver install and specially the driver of iGPU the screen become black and never get, so i go in safe mode to see what was wrong and i uninstall the driver of my iGPU, whene i restart the laptop, the screen was back but on...
  8. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver: The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated. All other drivers are installed and updated. Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the...
  9. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics: Hi I have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 in the last week and ever since I get a black screen before the login page. I have figured out a work around for this which is when I see the black screen I press the function button and f3 at the same time to put my laptop in...
  10. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver: There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from there that I found the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel hd 5500 graphic driver causing pixellations

2. graphics card randomly pixelates

3. intel graphics driver causes black screen