Windows 10: All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink

Discus and support All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; It's been roughly a week of research, trying different solutions to fix this problem but no dice. Strange thing is that I am able to install the Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by atomx1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. atomx1 Win User

All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink

It's been roughly a week of research, trying different solutions to fix this problem but no dice.

Strange thing is that I am able to install the Intel driver in safe mode with no screen problems. The problem occurs only when booting into normal windows. The only exception for the screen working using normal boot is if I use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver instead of the Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver.

Description of the problem (with Intel drivers installed) :
    1. When I hit the login screen, I get some pixelation on the screen (not too much)
    2. Randomly I get a black screen after logging in with only the cursor showing. The only thing I can do then is to wait and sometimes the screen comes back, or to use ctrl+alt+del.
    3. When the screen does work, it is very pixelated with a lot of pink pixels as well as pixelated text.

Things I've tried:
    1. System restore
    2. Reinstalling/resetting the os and wiping out everything including all partitions
    3. Installing all the Intel driver versions and ones from my laptops manufacturer website
    4. I've tried chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands
    5. Using DDU to clean out drivers before installing new drivers. Also used Easy Driver to find the best drivers to update with
    6. Stopping windows from auto updating when installing drivers I want to test.
    7. Cleaned out the laptop hardware and fans
    8. Tried a second monitor using HDMI (problem persists on second monitor)

System information:
    1. Lenovo Edge 15 80k9
    2. Windows 10 home edition 64 bit
    3. Intel Hd graphics 5500

I'm at my wits end here and really need it to work asap. Hope someone can help fix this issue. Any other information needed I can supply. Thanks in advance!

:)

atomx1, Aug 4, 2019
  2. atomx1 Win User

It's been roughly a week of research, trying different solutions to fix this problem but no dice.

Strange thing is that I am able to install the Intel driver in safe mode with no screen problems. The problem occurs only when booting into normal windows. The only exception for the screen working using normal boot is if I use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver instead of the Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver.

Description of the problem (with Intel drivers installed) :
    1. When I hit the login screen, I get some pixelation on the screen (not too much)
    2. Randomly I get a black screen after logging in with only the cursor showing. The only thing I can do then is to wait and sometimes the screen comes back, or to use ctrl+alt+del.
    3. When the screen does work, it is very pixelated with a lot of pink pixels as well as pixelated text.

Things I've tried:
    1. System restore
    2. Reinstalling/resetting the os and wiping out everything including all partitions
    3. Installing all the Intel driver versions and ones from my laptops manufacturer website
    4. I've tried chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands
    5. Using DDU to clean out drivers before installing new drivers. Also used Easy Driver to find the best drivers to update with
    6. Stopping windows from auto updating when installing drivers I want to test.
    7. Cleaned out the laptop hardware and fans
    8. Tried a second monitor using HDMI (problem persists on second monitor)

System information:
    1. Lenovo Edge 15 80k9
    2. Windows 10 home edition 64 bit
    3. Intel Hd graphics 5500

I'm at my wits end here and really need it to work asap. Hope someone can help fix this issue. Any other information needed I can supply. Thanks in advance!

atomx1, Sep 29, 2019
  3. atomx1 Win User

The only reason I've done numerous things is because of the problem I am having now with the Intel drivers being problematic. Otherwise I wouldn't have done anything this drastic. Kinda desperate for a fix at this point. I don't go willy nilly changing things; the stuff I've done is from other thread suggested fixes for similar problems to mine.

atomx1, Sep 29, 2019
  4. All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink

Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from
    there that I found the problem with black screen upon installing intel hd graphics drivers. Apparently, installation always stopped due to the computer's power plan/policy. It happens that the intel graphics driver won't work with the default Balanced Power
    Plan, which seems to be the default when installing Windows 10 1803. Therefore, to correct the black screen, I entered into Safe Mode and reinstalled the problematic intel graphics driver, then went to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
    Under the Balanced (recommended) option, I selected Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings, then expanding the 'Intel (R) Graphics Settings > Intel (R) Graphics Power Plan', I set both On battery and Plugged in to "Maximum Performance". Then
    I restarted my computer and voila! It worked. No black screen again.

LemurLeison, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink - Similar Threads - intel graphics driver

2. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver: The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated. All other drivers are installed and updated. Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the...
  3. Intel HD 520 Graphics Driver Causes Black Screen and System Crash Windows 10 Version 1903

Intel HD 520 Graphics Driver Causes Black Screen and System Crash Windows 10 Version 1903: Acer F5-573G Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz up to 3.1 GHz NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2 GB Dedicated VRAM 8 GB DDR4 Memory 1TB HDD OS Windows 10 Home Version 1903 Build 18362.267 I am currently running the system using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. All attempts to run...
  4. intel graphic driver

intel graphic driver: On 6/8/10 installed new feature update, the next day my red colors were pink. I checked Intel control panel and checked color settings to find green was green, blue was blue, but red was pink. I checked device manager and check Intel(R) HD graphics family and it noted...
  5. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics: Hi I have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 in the last week and ever since I get a black screen before the login page. I have figured out a work around for this which is when I see the black screen I press the function button and f3 at the same time to put my laptop in...
  6. Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen: I have installed Windows 10 and then my laptop tried to install AMD display drivers. But rebooting the laptop resulted in a black screen. I performed some troubleshooting steps like deleting Windows automatic updates and updating graphic card drivers. But I still get the...
  7. Display driver causing black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver causing black screen: Dear helpful people, On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to install drivers for all of my hardware and periferals. During the process my screen went black, and I assumed it to be resetting...
  8. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver: There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from there that I found the...
  9. intel hd graphics driver

intel hd graphics driver: i am running intel i3 1st gen m330 2.13 GHz processor with in-built intel HD graphics (core i3). before upgrading to windows 10 whenever I used to play any pc games the display scaled to full screen but after upgrading to windows 10 play the games I want to play at low...
  10. Black Screen intel hd 300 graphics

Black Screen intel hd 300 graphics: Medion Akoya i3 laptop with Intel hd 300hd graphics. Four installs later after encountering a black screen from 30% install, I found that windows 10 is fully installing but display only outputting to hdmi port. I have no bios setting to change this and if i delete my intel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. graphics card randomly pixelates