Windows 10: All internet browsers except for Edge not opening

Discus and support All internet browsers except for Edge not opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been running into an issue very recently where every browser on my desktop Firefox, Brave, and Chrome has failed to open barring Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatTround, May 1, 2020.

1. PatTround Win User

All internet browsers except for Edge not opening

I've been running into an issue very recently where every browser on my desktop Firefox, Brave, and Chrome has failed to open barring Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. So far I've tried manually opening these browsers from my shortcuts, from the task bar, and from their file locations but they instantly crash or shut themselves down upon doing so and nothing seems to be working. I'd love to have some help in identifying the problem and fixing this, but as of right now I'm clueless and see no solution.

:)

PatTround, May 1, 2020

2. edge browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

If you are still facing the same issue, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check. Follow the steps provided below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Go to Settings.

• Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.

• Select the options and click on Clear button.

I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer on your computer and check. Resetting Internet Explorer shall effect the behavior of Microsoft Edge browser.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 1, 2020
  3. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, May 1, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

Edge browser problem

Hi Roy,

Changes in the configuration settings of your browser can be one of the possible causes why you're getting the error message on Microsoft Edge. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the Edge browser using the Internet Explorer since both browsers
    are integrated with each other. Here are the steps to do this:

• Type inetcpl in the Search box, then press
      Enter
      to open the Internet Properties.
    • Click on the Advanced tab, then click Reset under the
      Reset Internet Explorer settings section.
    • Make sure to put a check mark on the Delete personal settings, then click
      Reset.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Restart your computer to apply the changes.
    Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also, re-enable the add-ons.

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Louie Del, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. All internet browsers except for Edge not opening - Similar Threads - internet browsers except

2. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  3. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  4. No Browsers Open Except Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Browsers Open Except Edge: Excuse me for sounding a bit flustered here, but I'm genuinely at my wits end with this shit. I decided tonight I was going to improve my internet security. I got LastPass for storing passwords, and ExpressVPN as a... well, VPN. Out of nowhere after doing these two things,...
  5. All browsers except for edge closing upon launch

All browsers except for edge closing upon launch: Hi everyone I recently built a pc, and everything seems to be working fine on it, except for the fact that all the browsers I try to install on it will crash/close immediately after opening. Does anyone know what might be causing this, or any possible fixes? Thank you :)...
  6. All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.: For about a week or so now since the latest windows update, Chrome crashes upon opening. The window silhouette appears for a microsecond, then disappears immediately. I though this wasn't a Windows issue until, after extensive troubleshooting, I decided to try Firefox...
  7. All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?

All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?: I have a Surface Pro 6 running … I can't tell you which version of Windows 10 because "About" in Settings won't load. Anyway, I have recently deleted my old profile, which was corrupted, and created a new user for myself. And I've upgraded or downloaded three browsers:...
  8. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox: Hi, I posted this support request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-browsing-on-all-browsers-except-edge/3eba1b58-528a-4002-9519-deb1db42d7ca?tm=1557702617388&rtAction=1557784968972&page=2&auth=1 but the person helping does not...
  9. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge

Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge: Hi, I have just purchased a Dell xps 13, and did a reset on it when I purchased. (it was bought from somebody, second hand so wanted to be cautious). Running windows 10 with latest updates. When trying to browse on any browser except Edge, web pages take a long time to...
  10. Slow internet in all browsers except Edge after windows 10 update

Slow internet in all browsers except Edge after windows 10 update: Hello! After I updated Windows 10 all Internet Browsers(Chrome, Opera, Mozila) started running very slow except Edge. I have a bad past with Edge, so i would like to switch. Somebody please help fix this problem. Thanks, Edvards...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browsers not opening except edge