Windows 10: All Java programs have stopped working.

Discus and support All Java programs have stopped working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently updated my computer to Windows 10 which worked fine. Today, I started to do some programming in Java which I do a lot. I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GraySullivan, Jul 29, 2015.

1. All Java programs have stopped working.

Hi,

I recently updated my computer to Windows 10 which worked fine. Today, I started to do some programming in Java which I do a lot. I noticed that when I ran my java application, or ANY java application, within a few seconds it would say "Java SE Binary has stopped working". I already updated my Java to the newest version, and restarted my PC but to no avail. Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

:)

GraySullivan, Jul 29, 2015

2. Do I need these Microsoft C++ Redistributables on my system?

If you remove them, any programs that need it will stop working.

C++ Redistributable is just a software framework, a starting point to build other programs.

So for example, if you uninstall Java, any java-based programs would stop running.

If you uninstalled Adobe Flash Player, all flash player websites would stop working.

Same in this case.

So only you know if you need it, based on if you have any programs installed that use it.

When it doubt, leave it alone.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 29, 2015
  3. Unable to install Java x86 on 64bit system

It worked fine before, but after recent updates (to Windows? to Java? No way to really tell...) my x86 Java stopped working - literally. I removed all Java from the system and reinstalled 64bit Java 8 which works fine, but get "error code 1603" when trying
    to install x86 Java 8.

I have log files but they are a bit hard to understand. I don't really know what I'm looking for. I deleted any residual files in "C:\Program Files (x86)/Java" but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Here's the installation log:
    http://pastebin.com/Kr8vUKib

Charles Goodwin UK, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

All Java programs have stopped working.

1. All Java programs have stopped working. - Similar Threads - Java programs stopped

2. JAVA PROGRAMMING FOR BEGINNERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JAVA PROGRAMMING FOR BEGINNERS: JAVA PROGRAMMING FOR BEGINNERS Introduction to Java Java is defined by a specification and consists of a programming language, a compiler, core libraries and a runtime (Java virtual machine) The Java runtime allows software developers to write program code...
  3. Microsoft Store and all Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and all Microsoft apps have stopped working: Everything was working fine until recently. Now all MS apps such as photos, videos, mail, skype, and anything downloaded from the store won't open. The store itself won't even open. I have tried EVERY solution posted online and no luck. After running the troubleshooter, this...
  4. All USB Drives have stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB Drives have stopped working: Hi, I'm confused. I bought a new laptop in November 2018. I have an external hard drive that I use to store back ups on. I used that to move my files from the old lap top (using windows 7) to the new one (using windows 10) and it worked fine. I normally do a back up once...
  5. Passwords have stopped working!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Passwords have stopped working!: Hello. I am soooo frustrated. My regular passwords to access sites have all been giving me 'password error' messages. Today, alone, I had to change my gmail password twice because it defaults to 'error'. What is going on? Sheila Kozmin Sarnia, Ontario...
  6. Browsers have stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Browsers have stopped working: After I updated my Windows 10 computer a couple pf weeks ago I began to have issues with my web browsers. I was using Google Chrome and it would work for about 30 seconds and then freeze and crash. After a couple of days, my plugins stopped working and Chrome would crash...
  7. All modern apps have stopped working - advice please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All modern apps have stopped working - advice please: Hi, I have been using Windows 10 for almost a month without issue. Then, a few days ago, I received an error message complaining about the registry when attempting to open pictures. I assumed the photo app was broken, as it was the default programme for opening pictures....
  8. Apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps have stopped working: Just noticed that some Apps i.e. Weather & News have stopped working. I uninstalled them, then did a reinstall without success. The live tiles show the current weather & news headlines but as soon as they are opened, they become minimised to the taskbar. Clicking on the...
  9. Java programs (I think) only working on Primary Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Java programs (I think) only working on Primary Monitor: As of a software uipdate last night (I am trying to find out the contents of it), my Java Apps are only working on the main display. I have a Latitude E7250 and was running the laptop screen and 2 external screens. Initially I thought that it was only the laptop screen...
  10. Program search stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Program search stopped working: I tried the other day to search for a program on the start menu and it worked fine. I then set up Cortana for speech mode and all I get now when typing in the box are four blue dots scrolling at the top of the search box. Anyone know a fix or will MS fix this in SR1? Tim...