Windows 10: All Java programs have stopped working.

Discus and support All Java programs have stopped working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently updated my computer to Windows 10 which worked fine. Today, I started to do some programming in Java which I do a lot. I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GraySullivan, Jul 29, 2015.

1. All Java programs have stopped working.

Hi,

I recently updated my computer to Windows 10 which worked fine. Today, I started to do some programming in Java which I do a lot. I noticed that when I ran my java application, or ANY java application, within a few seconds it would say "Java SE Binary has stopped working". I already updated my Java to the newest version, and restarted my PC but to no avail. Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

:)

GraySullivan, Jul 29, 2015

2. Do I need these Microsoft C++ Redistributables on my system?

If you remove them, any programs that need it will stop working.

C++ Redistributable is just a software framework, a starting point to build other programs.

So for example, if you uninstall Java, any java-based programs would stop running.

If you uninstalled Adobe Flash Player, all flash player websites would stop working.

Same in this case.

So only you know if you need it, based on if you have any programs installed that use it.

When it doubt, leave it alone.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 29, 2015
  3. Unable to install Java x86 on 64bit system

It worked fine before, but after recent updates (to Windows? to Java? No way to really tell...) my x86 Java stopped working - literally. I removed all Java from the system and reinstalled 64bit Java 8 which works fine, but get "error code 1603" when trying
    to install x86 Java 8.

I have log files but they are a bit hard to understand. I don't really know what I'm looking for. I deleted any residual files in "C:\Program Files (x86)/Java" but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Here's the installation log:
    http://pastebin.com/Kr8vUKib

Charles Goodwin UK, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

All Java programs have stopped working.

1. All Java programs have stopped working. - Similar Threads - Java programs stopped

2. Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close": Hi all,I am using Windows 10 Home Premium and have recently found that the software that I use in my role as a musician and graphic designer are all prone to the same exact error "xxx.exe has stopped working and close."These are various art and music production programs,...
  3. Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close": Hi all,I am using Windows 10 Home Premium and have recently found that the software that I use in my role as a musician and graphic designer are all prone to the same exact error "xxx.exe has stopped working and close."These are various art and music production programs,...
  4. Various .exe programs all "stop working and must close"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Minecraft Java Edition stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java Edition stopped working: Hello, i bought Minecraft Java edition 3 days ago. Initially it launched and everything was okay. Today it updated and since then the launcher crashes automatically everytime I try to start it. The launcher is just grey and unresponsive. I already reinstalled it,...
  6. program stopped working

program stopped working: I have a program called AnyTime Dayplanner and it has stopped working. My power went out and now I get messages from Microsoft that program has stopped working. I went to add/delete programs where there is a place to fix program but it did not work. I don't want to lose...
  7. All Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Microsoft apps have stopped working: I can't seem to get anything from Microsoft store or the Xbox app to work. I can't download any updates from the store and the Xbox app can't launch any games. I uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall but it just gets stuck on the window "Making things awesome". Has...
  8. All Office applications have stopped working

All Office applications have stopped working: Good afternoon, Since running Avast Cleanup Premium this morning it seems that none of my office applications are working. Here is an example of the error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\kelsi\Desktop\NP_Euskadiko Orkestra martxan.docx'. Make sure you typed the...
  9. JAVA PROGRAMMING FOR BEGINNERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JAVA PROGRAMMING FOR BEGINNERS: JAVA PROGRAMMING FOR BEGINNERS Introduction to Java Java is defined by a specification and consists of a programming language, a compiler, core libraries and a runtime (Java virtual machine) The Java runtime allows software developers to write program code...
  10. All USB Drives have stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB Drives have stopped working: Hi, I'm confused. I bought a new laptop in November 2018. I have an external hard drive that I use to store back ups on. I used that to move my files from the old lap top (using windows 7) to the new one (using windows 10) and it worked fine. I normally do a back up once...