Windows 10: all key inputs die periodically for 2 seconds on Logitech G13

Discus and support all key inputs die periodically for 2 seconds on Logitech G13 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Logitech G13 that started doing this about 3 months ago out of the blue. This device is discontinued so nothing has really changed on it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cproatx, May 17, 2019.

1. cproatx Win User

all key inputs die periodically for 2 seconds on Logitech G13

I have a Logitech G13 that started doing this about 3 months ago out of the blue. This device is discontinued so nothing has really changed on it and I have used it for years without this issue. When it first started happening I thought it was failing. I bought an "open box" G13 from ebay that is essentially brand new and hoped my issue would be resolved but the same thing happens on the new one.In my online searching I have found many others with very similar issues in W10 but with a controller (Xbox and PS4 controllers) so not even sure this is specific to the G13.

The only time I experience this is (so far) is playing PUBG so not sure if there is a correlation to that specifically or it's just because that's the predominant game I play lately. The best way to describe what is happening is that periodically no key input works. The LCD is still lit and if I happened to be running when this happens my character will continue running in whatever direction until the keys are responsive again. It doesn't always happen when I'm moving so it's not tied to the movement keys or any other particular keys that I can tell. I know this because sometimes I'm not doing anything but can't open the map and then I try to move and can't move at all until the keys are responsive again. It's always about a 2 second interval where it's unresponsive.

I have been troubleshooting this the best I can and here is what I have found:
    -It usually manifests itself as uncontrolled "autorun" when moving but is not related to movement other than the movement keys are being used so much. It also happens when I'm not moving. For instance in PUBG riding on the back of a motorcycle it would happen and I couldn't open my map for a small period of time. This tells me it's not so much an "autorun" thing as it is a failure of the device to pass along inputs and if you are moving when it happens it just seems to get stuck doing that action.
    -The keyboard inputs do work while the G13 key inputs are in this state.
    -Actions mapped to my Logitech mouse buttons (and mouselook) also work while it's in this state (both G13 and mouse are managed in LGS).
    -it happens on different USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0).
    -it happens when there is a G13 connected *and* a keyboard and also happens if I just have the G13 connected.
    -I tried recreating profiles in Logitech Gaming Software. Didn't help.
    -I reinstalled LGS a couple times. Didn't work.
    -I have only noticed this behavior playing PUBG and no other game (although I have a lot more hours in PUBG since this has been happening so don't have a huge sample size of playtime in other games). I have also played quite a bit of Scum lately and haven't had it happen once.
    -I have killed extraneous programs running in the background and uninstalled Razer Synapse. No effect.
    -I have updated my motherboard chipset drivers. Nada.
    -verified there are no yellow bangs in device manager.
    -I have seen some online stating they had this problem as well and it was tied to some Windows update that happened recently but I don't even see the same KB update file listed on my system so I'm a bit hesitant to start uninstalling Windows updates randomly.

I have had very few issues with W10 but I'm really out of things to try and this is driving me nuts. Anyone have any idea what could possibly be going on? Again, this only just started in the last 2-3 months and it also stopped for a while but then started up again which is even more puzzling.

:)

cproatx, May 17, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Logitech Debuts the G13 Game-Changing Gameboard

Whether you’re rescuing hostages, on a quest with your guild or saving humanity, you don’t want to worry about hand fatigue or hitting the wrong key. Today, Logitech introduced the Logitech G13 advanced gameboard – a hybrid gaming keyboard designed to complement your Logitech keyboard and mouse – giving you game-changing comfort and control on a Mac computer or a PC.

all key inputs die periodically for 2 seconds on Logitech G13 g13_angle_thm.jpg

“If you’re into serious gaming, there’s no better feeling than playing with the G13 gameboard by your side,” said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech’s director of product marketing for gaming. “Unlike other gameboards that focus only on programmability, the G13 advanced gameboard incorporates the principles of our award-winning Comfort Wave design. So whether you’re getting into World of Warcraft or walking into your next LAN party, the G13 gameboard gives you a powerful advantage over those forced to work with less.”

With its sculpted, ergonomically inspired shape and pushing-the-envelope functionality, the Logitech G13 advanced gameboard completes your search for gear, augmenting a Logitech G15 keyboard for gaming and a Logitech G9 Laser Mouse.

Delivering increased comfort, the iconic contoured design complements the natural shape of your hand and fingers, while the smooth, concave home-row keys make it easy to locate buttons by touch. With three game modes, 25 programmable keys and a programmable analog stick, the G13 gameboard offers up to 87 ways for you to control your game (software installation required). And you can set up custom button-profiles for each one of your favorite titles. You can even create macros on the fly without having to pause your game.

And for another tactical advantage, the 160-by-43-pixel GamePanel LCD shows live game stats, system info and even messages from other players.

With the G13 gameboard, you’ll also get backlit keys that help you easily locate the right key in low-light conditions or lights-out play. And you can select from hundreds of available backlight colors, so your gameboard looks just the way you want it.

A handy solution for the laptop gamer, the G13 gameboard includes onboard memory, letting you program up to five ready-to-play profiles and take them with you to your next LAN party. The G13 gameboard also offers pre-configured settings for many popular games, including World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade, Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and many others.

With its sturdy weight and strategically placed feet, the G13 gameboard won’t move during gameplay, giving you rock-solid support all the way to victory.

Pricing and Availability
    The Logitech G13 advanced gameboard is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in December for a suggested retail price of $79.99 (U.S.).

Source: Logitech

malware, May 17, 2019
  3. GDukin Win User
    Windows 10 and Logitech G13 Gameboard

Thanks for the assistance.

I installed with compatibility for Windows 7. Installed just fine, recognized my keyboard without difficulty.

Rebooted the computer as instructed with the installation.

After reboot (and waiting for all programs to load completely) I plugged by G13 back in, and nothing happened at all.

On the gameboard's LCD screen, it showed the splash screen of G13, and then it completely went dark. It didn't power up, it wasn't recognized as an attached device, it wasn't recognized in Logitech's Gaming Software. Under connected devices, it also was
    NOT recognized (nor did it recognize when I scanned for new devices).

I then rebooted the computer again with the G13 plugged in, and as soon as I logged into windows, the G13 logged on, showed the splash screen, transitioned to the "loading profiles" screen and I again got the BSOD.

The BSOD had an error message of:

Driver IRQ not Less or Equal (AndroidAFGx64.sys)

Minidump files are located here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xxejgssmd7ybfy7/AAB8X-_1X0IZKazTdbrfLtVOa?dl=0

After unplugging the device, rebooting the computer (again) and waiting until everything loaded, I had a repeat of the 1st experience above (the device wasn't recognized, and almost looked as if it wasn't getting power).

GDukin, May 17, 2019
  4. Strob Win User

Windows 10 and Logitech G13 Gameboard

Hi all,

I have the same issue. I have a G13 on win 10 1703. And the screen on the G13 shows the welcom e screen and then balcks out. I can't use my G13. I also had a lot of BSOD since I installed windows 10 but I didn't realised it could be due to the G13.

But I don't have that Mobo connect AI suite you are talking about. What is it?

Strob, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. all key inputs die periodically for 2 seconds on Logitech G13 - Similar Threads - key inputs die

2. 2 second lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 second lags: hey microsoft, my windows 11 galaxy book go lags every 2 second on a game, is there any solution to this? i have tried the cmb verification, but it said no bugs were found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-second-lags/e4a6fa5a-33df-4b0a-8846-c722e862b03b
  3. 2 second lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 second lags: hey microsoft, my windows 11 galaxy book go lags every 2 second on a game, is there any solution to this? i have tried the cmb verification, but it said no bugs were found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-second-lags/e4a6fa5a-33df-4b0a-8846-c722e862b03b
  4. Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Pro desktop with a new ASUS motherboard with 32GB RAM, NVIDIA display adapter, and a 1TB SSD. I continue to utilize a secondary 500GB scratch hard drive and two HP LV2311 monitors. I also use a 2TB USB data volume and an 8TB USB backup...
  5. Logitech Rumblepad 2 and FIFA 20

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Rumblepad 2 and FIFA 20: Hi everyone, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 with a clean install. I installed the game through Origin and gameplay seems ok except for anything involving the right analog stick. If I flick the stick left or right in the menu to access a submenu it will rapidly...
  6. Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically: Every now and then my computer has been freezing up completely for about 5 seconds. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I can be gaming or web browsing or anything at all. If sound is going then it will freeze the sound at whatever the last frequency it played until it...
  7. Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Hangs for 5 seconds periodically: Every now and then my computer has been freezing up completely for about 5 seconds. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I can be gaming or web browsing or anything at all. If sound is going then it will freeze the sound at whatever the last frequency it played until it...
  8. video input 2

video input 2: first of all i need people replying to this post to stay on topic of what im asking!!!!! i need software that can enable usb or hdmi video input on a laptop. I HAVE ALL OF THE UPDATES DONT ASK ABOUT THAT!!!!! STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!...
  9. 2 Audio Inputs

2 Audio Inputs: Is it possible to have 2 different audio inputs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-audio-inputs/258013e3-a107-4471-8bd0-9c1e3828fe29
  10. Logitech Z-200 Speakers Question Re Inputs

in Windows 10 Support
    Logitech Z-200 Speakers Question Re Inputs: Hello, Have just bought a pair of Logitech Z-200 desktop speakers for my new pc. Other than I can’t imagine why they didn’t put some sort of grill or protection over the speaker cones, am fairly satisfied. But, am very confused over the Aux. input. There is no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech g13 7 seconds