Windows 10: All keyboard input acting erratic

Discus and support All keyboard input acting erratic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings I am using a win10 home edition laptop with touchscreen (slightly relevant). A couple of days ago, the keyboard input started consisting of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhineasFlinn, Apr 10, 2019.

1. All keyboard input acting erratic

Greetings

I am using a win10 home edition laptop with touchscreen (slightly relevant).

A couple of days ago, the keyboard input started consisting of symbols, rather than the alphanumeric I would type, in the short intervals that it would type anything.
    Also, double clicking would open folder/file settings.

I tried:
    -Using an external keyboard
    -Using the tablet mode keyboard
    -Reinstalling the driver
    All yielding the same above-mentioned result.
    Also, a full antivirus scan detected nothing.

Decided to revent the system to a restore point, which ended in a critical_process_died bluescreen, keyboard still not working (tested on system restore CMD window)

I reset the PC to factory settings, disregarding the files on it, only to find the keyboard still only working after a restart for about 50 characters, then stopped doing so, with a few bizarre exceptions (the b key seems very resilient to whatever happens and some other keys work occasionally).

Any idea would be much appreciated, as I've run out of those with the system wipe.

P.S. functional keys and commands like Ctrl-alt-del/Ctrl-shift-esc work, only the alphanumeric part of the keyboard seems to malfunction.

:)

PhineasFlinn, Apr 10, 2019

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Aleksiab Win User

All keyboard input acting erratic

Text input erratic

I got this problem in Nokia Store, what to do?

This domain is no more in use

I put only a link because it's unnecessary to write that again.

Aleksiab, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

All keyboard input acting erratic

1. All keyboard input acting erratic - Similar Threads - keyboard input acting

2. All of my keyboard inputs act as shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my keyboard inputs act as shortcuts: I have been using my computer with the windows operating system for almost 2 years now and a problem like this never happened. This only started to happen when my sister turned on my computer after being on vacation for 1 week. She told me that my keyboard keys weren’t...
  3. All of my keyboard inputs act as shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my keyboard inputs act as shortcuts: I have been using my computer with the windows operating system for almost 2 years now and a problem like this never happened. This only started to happen when my sister turned on my computer after being on vacation for 1 week. She told me that my keyboard keys weren’t...
  4. All of my keyboard inputs act as shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Erratic keyboard

Erratic keyboard: Hello,So things unfolded pretty quickly over the course of the afternoon. I'm on my laptop and the keyboard decides to start being erratic, I'd have to press harder and longer on certain keys for them to register b,n,/,space,left,bottom,and,right button. A few hours later,...
  6. Windows 10 acting erratically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 acting erratically: My laptop running windows 10 has been acting erratically recently after switching on I tried to refresh by using right click and a black screen with cursor appeared after fixing that i noticed that the disk usage is 100 percent and after trying to fix that nothing changed and...
  7. Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically

Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically: I just wanted to share a solution to a problem that I was having with both of my Wireless Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combinations. I would randomly have my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse become erratic and either not work in the case of my keyboard or erratically in the...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard Freezing Computer and Acting Erratically

Mouse and Keyboard Freezing Computer and Acting Erratically: I have been dealing with this issue for months. At this point, I've had HP re-install Windows 10 and, more recently, run the BIOS updates. I've tried five different mouse and keyboard combinations, both wired and wireless and five different manufacturers, and today I ran the...
  9. Mouse or keyboard acting erratically

Mouse or keyboard acting erratically: I am using the latest version of Windows 10. My computer, keyboard and mouse had been acting fine up until the last few days. Nothing that I know of in my environment has changed. When I go to type anything, specifically while on the internet, the cursor just sits there...
  10. Erratic keyboard

Erratic keyboard: Hi, I upgraded my laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10 a few days ago (I thought it couldn't be worse *Biggrin) Fortunately, so far, it works except my keyboard is completely erratic. I had to retype this message at least 5 times! *Mad Could anyone tell me what to do to get...