Windows 10: All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes

Discus and support All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I noticed this problem as I needed to download an app from the Microsoft Store and noticed I wasn't signed in. If I try and sign-in to the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Flavio Bagnato, May 1, 2019.

1. All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes

I noticed this problem as I needed to download an app from the Microsoft Store and noticed I wasn't signed in.

If I try and sign-in to the Microsoft Store the login window pops up for a microsecond then disappears.

The same happens in all areas of Windows where a login window is meant to popup.

Some examples are:

1. Settings / Accounts / Your Info - If I click Verify the problem occurs

2. Settings / Accounts / Email & App Accounts - One of my accounts says "Attention required". Clicking this account and pressing either manage or fix encounters the same problem

It appears that the login prompt is corrupt in some way.

I've tried running SFC but no errors were found.

A reset on this computer is not an option as it has a lot of legally preloaded software which I cannot afford to lose.

The computer is an Acer Iconia W510 laptop/tablet and as it is a Clovertrail CPU it is running the last supported version of Windows 10 which is 1607.

:)

Flavio Bagnato, May 1, 2019
  2. RandyS. Win User

"Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.

I have the same issue. The Update and Security tab flashes and then closes. I tried the recommendation of running sfc/scannow in the command prompt and did get a message of corrupted files. The exact message was: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt
    files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log. For example C:Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios." Help is appreciated. What next?

RandyS., May 1, 2019
  3. "Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.

Hi Hirsty,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • If yes, what exactly is the error message?
    This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 1, 2019
  4. All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes

my company prompt is not open properly , my command prompt window open and close automatically with in a second .

my company prompt is not open properly , my command prompt window open and close automatically with in a second .

ArifNadeem, May 1, 2019
Thema:

All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes

1. All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes - Similar Threads - login prompts within

2. Windows flash open and then close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows flash open and then close: Has this issue been resolved:Windows flash open then vanish in the blink of an eye. It occurs many times an hour. It is very annoying and undermines my trust in the system. How do I stop this malfunction?I have seen this problem discussed before, but the fixes suggested...
  3. Windows flash open and then close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows flash open and then close: Has this issue been resolved:Windows flash open then vanish in the blink of an eye. It occurs many times an hour. It is very annoying and undermines my trust in the system. How do I stop this malfunction?I have seen this problem discussed before, but the fixes suggested...
  4. Windows flash open and then close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...

my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...: my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also stops all keyboard controls. how do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-keep-closing-because-an-app-opens-but/cc9fc718-173a-451e-a98f-c153dc9cfc64
  6. my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...: my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also stops all keyboard controls. how do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-keep-closing-because-an-app-opens-but/cc9fc718-173a-451e-a98f-c153dc9cfc64
  7. Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Closes within 10 seconds: Outlook opens,,, receives few mail items and then closes automatically without any error msg. This appeared to happen after a windows 10 update which happened yesterday or today (not sure). I ran office repair (simple option), ran outlook in safe mode... ,,, cold booted......
  8. CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search...: CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search engine or application is activated. Lately it seems to be getting worse. * never used cmd functions, never changed registry settings. * WIN 10, Creators update, 1803 (2018-06-08);...
  9. Windows Store won't open, login screen flashes briefly and then closes

Windows Store won't open, login screen flashes briefly and then closes: I'm at the end of my wits with this problem. Ever since updating to Windows 10 many months ago, the Windows Store has NEVER worked. It would usually open the login screen, but not allow me to login (no errors, but I would hit the login button and it would literally just do...
  10. Pretty much all Windows Settings Open for a second and then close.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pretty much all Windows Settings Open for a second and then close.: I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but I only noticed it when I couldn't pin programs to my start menu anymore, and somehow a lot of the programs that I had pinned to it were lost. (Maybe I should mention that I did move pretty much all of my appdata folders to my...