Windows 10: All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin

Discus and support All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was on File Explorer today and I saw that under the quick access section the documents folder had disappeared so i pinned it back and thought nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamDodd47, Jun 8, 2020.

1. All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin

I was on File Explorer today and I saw that under the quick access section the documents folder had disappeared so i pinned it back and thought nothing of it. Then I look now and all my files that were loose in the documents folder have disappeared and they are not in the recycle bin. However all the files inside folders stayed there. Is there any way i can get these back without having to restore to a previous version of my OS?

:)

WilliamDodd47, Jun 8, 2020

2. Recycle Bin disappeared

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with recovering your accidentally deleted pictures as Recycle Bin has disappeared. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Go to click View option.
    • Double click on Options, on the top right windows
    • Go to View tab.
    • Check on "Show hidden files, folders and drives ".
    • And uncheck on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".
    • Click on Apply and
      OK
      button.
    Step 2:

• Now, go back to File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC, from right hand side panel.
    • Double click on C drive.
    • Right click on $Recycle.Bin
    • Select Send to option.
    • Click on Desktop (create shortcut).
    The recycle bin shortcut shall be created on the desktop.

Note: Check on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" by follow step 1.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 8, 2020
  4. NemoWork Win User

All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin

Document folder renamed as recycle bin

I'm running a 1TB hybrid HD as C: drive in my PC and a 4TB Hard Drive as an internal backup which contains various archives of music, movies, old videos that have been transferred to digital format and so on.

These list as

F:Cinema

F:Music

and so on, all perfectly normal.

For unknown reasons the F:music folder has been renamed and identified as the recycle bin. If i enter it i can see the items in the main C: drive recycle bin, however if i go into properties for the F:recycle bin and tell it to show the hidden files then
    it will list all the sub-folders and files but wont let me access it. It also lists all the sub-folders as being present and the correct folder size

If i try and fix the F:recycle bin it tries to change the C: genuine recycle bin instead

If i run recuva it will let me identify and retrieve most of the individual files

If i create a new folder named F:music the system instantly renames it to F:recycle bin, claims it already exists and rejects the new name

Apart from updating GOM player nothing has been changed on the system since yesterday so i'm puzzled what has caused the renaming and how to fix it.

I can recover the files, probably in their entirety or replace large parts of it from old data but i need to know what caused it so it doesnt happen again.

NemoWork, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin

1. All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin - Similar Threads - loose files documents

2. My documents folder got deleted, none of the documents are in recycling bin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder got deleted, none of the documents are in recycling bin.: I went to save a file to documents folder in Word, and it said Unavailable so I checked the folder and it is empty. It is not in recycling and I can't find any of the documents, please help....
  3. My documents folder got deleted, none of the documents are in recycling bin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My documents folder got deleted, none of the documents are in recycling bin.: I went to save a file to documents folder in Word, and it said Unavailable so I checked the folder and it is empty. It is not in recycling and I can't find any of the documents, please help....
  4. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  5. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  6. Why is my recycle bin in my documents folder?

Why is my recycle bin in my documents folder?: Instead of being on my desktop or at my hard drive root, my recycle bin is showing up as a subfolder of the primary documents folder. This is causing problems when I do copies or create backups because the docs in it are large and ruin the operation. Here is a screen shot to...
  7. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  8. Files disappeared from folder (after restoring from Recycle bin)

in Windows 10 Support
    Files disappeared from folder (after restoring from Recycle bin): I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. I cut and pasted a folder of photos from my phone to the desktop. I deleted a few photos and then restored one of them from the Recycle bin. After doing this, every other photo in the folder disappeared, and...
  9. Files and Folders are moving to recycle bin on click

Files and Folders are moving to recycle bin on click: I am using windows 10 along with Lenovo Yoga , recently after update from windows got installed there is strange behaviour happening. Any file or folder i click it goes to Recycle Bin , Pop up appears saying file no longer exsist on this location . When i go to recycle...
  10. all files going to recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    all files going to recycle bin: hi friends, on my dell inspiron 3537 laptop any file I try to open with either my touchpad or external mouse goes to the recycle bin. kindly help as I m unable to use my laptop....