Windows 10: All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet?

Discus and support All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey reddit, I currently have a Razer Tournament Edition Headset and have all my microphone options set to max, levels are max etc etc. And my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fredstarino, Jun 19, 2020.

1. All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet?

Hey reddit, I currently have a Razer Tournament Edition Headset and have all my microphone options set to max, levels are max etc etc. And my microphone is still quiet on Discord. I've set my input volume to max on Discord and still quiet! Any help?

submitted by /u/fredstarino
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fredstarino, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Citrus Win User

Microphone extremely quiet

So for some odd reason, microphone input is really quiet.

I'm using Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming as my board so the microphone is being plugged into that. I've tried putting microphone boost and levels to 100% but the input is still really really quiet, if you're lucky you can hear a whisper if you're shouting down the mic.

I've tested the mic on other devices like my phone and it works fine but for some odd reason my desktop isn't being nice about it.

This is darn annoying and a massive inconvenience.

Things I've tried -
    Uninstalled realtek and re-installed the latest driver
    Set microphone boost and levels to max
    Tested with 'Disable all sound effects' on and off

I'm out of luck at this point and I'm not entirely sure where to go from this. I'd love to get this fixed so some advice/help would be appreciated, thank you.

Citrus, Jun 19, 2020
  3. my microphones are quiet

i have a Okeyn Condenser Sound Microphone [Noise Cancellation] USB Stereo Mic + Desktop Stand + Sponge Cover for PC Mac Laptop Skype Recording, Gaming, Singing and Video Chat Plug and Play.
    i am trying to record a song on audacity, but its being temperamental and quiet any suggestions??

JustinSchmitt, Jun 19, 2020
  4. All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet?

Realtek Microphone Driver

I recently built a new computer for the primary use of gaming. The machine runs beautifully except for the fact that my mic audio is really quiet. I've cranked all of my mic settings to the max setting and my friends are still saying I'm quiet. I know
    this is not an issue with my microphone as it is one I've used for a while on other computers with no issue and I've tried using a different microphone but kept getting the same result. My best guess is that I need to reinstall the microphone driver but I
    can't figure out where to download it from. Any suggestions?

Mitch Walker 77, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet?

1. All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet? - Similar Threads - mic options are

2. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  3. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  4. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  6. USB Mic still too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mic still too quiet: I turned the microphone up to full 100% guage, but the sound was still low.It also doesn't have a sound boost tab.My mic is Sudotack ST-900 condenser mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mic-still-too-quiet/89ccaf82-df1e-4d9d-b9eb-a48b0ed5446f
  7. USB Mic still too quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Mic still too quiet: I turned the microphone up to full 100% guage, but the sound was still low.It also doesn't have a sound boost tab.My mic is Sudotack ST-900 condenser mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mic-still-too-quiet/89ccaf82-df1e-4d9d-b9eb-a48b0ed5446f
  8. Microphone Quiet

Microphone Quiet: So recently I tried joining a discord call and my mic wasn't going through. My first instinct is to check if it's using the wrong mic, even though there's no other mic it could be using. In this menu, I notice that my computer is picking up my mic, but it's just so quiet that...
  9. Mic very quiet

Mic very quiet: My mic only picks up when I put it right next to my mouth and talk right into it. Is there any way you have a fix for this? I have downloaded the Realtek audio drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-very-quiet/669b0829-a4aa-4b97-9461-f3c82adc07bf
  10. Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost

Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost: as title says Mic is basically not usable , both front and rear 3.5mm I tried, -uninstalling and installing it again -unplugging them from the motherboard uninstalling the driver and plugging them again -latest driver from the motherboard and realtek websites -older...