Windows 10: All microphone and headsets broken

Discus and support All microphone and headsets broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i was just playing with my friends on discord and i plug out my microphone from the pc to plug it back in and suddenly my friends hear a distorted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by omaromarica, Jun 30, 2020.

1. All microphone and headsets broken

So i was just playing with my friends on discord and i plug out my microphone from the pc to plug it back in and suddenly my friends hear a distorted tv like noise from my microphone, ever since then all microphones in my house do the same thing on this pc and not on other devices. Please help me, im on latest windows 10 version i am desperate to find a fix, also i bought a new headset and whenever i talk it doesnt pick up my voice or any other sound and applications like discord dont pick up any sound except for when i raise the volume, it makes an ear bleeding noise
    Edit : it picks speaker noise whenever i put something on the headset speakers

:)

omaromarica, Jun 30, 2020

2. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Jun 30, 2020
  3. My headset microphone outputs static/very muffled sound

Hi Tom,

In order to help you resolve issues with the microphone on headset, we suggest the you run the built in troubleshooter in you PC. Here are the steps:

• In the Search Box, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and select Recording Audio, and press Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Jun 30, 2020
  4. PixelPoc Win User

All microphone and headsets broken

Computer Not Using and or Not recognizing Headset Microphone

Recently I got a gaming headset but upon plugging in the headset my microphone jack, I realized my computer was not picking up audio from the headset mic. I have looked through other forums but I still cannot find a solution to this problem. I have looked at the sound settings and saw that under the recording category, It shows a second microphone device that is only accessible by plugging in my headset. But when doing so I've noticed that when talking into my headset mic the recordings menu does not show any signs of sound. But if I tap my headset the sound meter goes up. This makes me think that my computer only picks up sounds around the headset and not the mic itself.

Here is an URL to my Microsoft support question there you can see a picture as well as some replies primarily by me.

Link) Headset Microphone Not Working - Microsoft Community

Other Info
    1) For my sounds, video and game controllers in the Device Manager I have High Definition Audio Device and Intel(R) Display Audio listed.
    2) I have a windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

PixelPoc, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

All microphone and headsets broken

1. All microphone and headsets broken - Similar Threads - microphone headsets broken

2. Headset microphone replaying all PC audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone replaying all PC audio: So, I'm having difficulties with my Kraken X headset. I tried contacting Razer support who kept trying to get it replaced even though I told them multiple times my PC is the issue. After some back and forth they finally realized this and told me to ask a technician instead....
  3. Headset microphone replaying all PC audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone replaying all PC audio: So, I'm having difficulties with my Kraken X headset. I tried contacting Razer support who kept trying to get it replaced even though I told them multiple times my PC is the issue. After some back and forth they finally realized this and told me to ask a technician instead....
  4. Microphone broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone broken: I have recently had an issue with my microphone. I play a lot of fortnite and I have wanted to use online chat but my microphone only works if it is close to my mouth and then it is still quiet. I have tried troubleshooting my microphone but it says it could not fix it. It...
  5. Microphone broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone broken: I have recently had an issue with my microphone. I play a lot of fortnite and I have wanted to use online chat but my microphone only works if it is close to my mouth and then it is still quiet. I have tried troubleshooting my microphone but it says it could not fix it. It...
  6. Microphone broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Headset microphone?

Headset microphone?: Well, when I select my headphone microphone as input device in Windows, the sound is suppressed and surround sound is gone. Can anyone help me? headset : Logitech Zone Wireless Kopfhörermikrofon?
  8. headset with microphone

headset with microphone: I am trying to set up a headset with microphone to my new pc, having issues, shows paired, but microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-microphone/fac76416-4b92-4cf3-85d0-ee9de8683d47
  9. headset microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headset microphone: I have a HyperX Cloud Revolver and i recently got a new mic from amazon for it since i lost my last one... i have a laptop... Acer Predator Helios 300... ive looked in recording devices even checked disabled... not there... i went into device manager... tried disable and...
  10. headset with microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset with microphone: I have a headset with microphone that I use on my xbox, but it will not work with my PC. Can anyone direct me on how I can get it to work with my PC?...