Windows 10: All Microphones working, but not working.

Discus and support All Microphones working, but not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not quite sure whether this IS in fact a devices or drives problem, or something gone seriously wrong internally. Essentially, the problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jaaabrocon, Jul 9, 2018.

1. All Microphones working, but not working.

I'm not quite sure whether this IS in fact a devices or drives problem, or something gone seriously wrong internally.

Essentially, the problem is that my mics are behaving as though they work fine, and I can even hear their output, but there isn't a program that recognizes they are operational. Originally I discovered this problem with my professional microphone not working properly, so I went into recording devices and decided to give the device a listen through my headphones. Sure enough, the device was working absolutely perfectly. Yet for some reason Steam couldn't use it. Confused, I tried opening up Audacity to see if the mic would work there. Once again, nothing. When I tried recording, Audacity only gave me a message that there was "an error while opening sound device". Again, I tested my ability to listen to the device in the sound/recording window and it was perfectly fine. I then tried to "configure speech recognition" on the windows menu for the device and found that none of the options there worked either, only giving me a "The Wizard could not start" message.

Worse still, while I thought this may have been a problem with my device specifically, I tried all these options with the inbuilt Realtek microphone on my laptop, and found that it too had all the same issues. This happened completely out of the blue, as everything had been working fine before. I've restarted my computer, but that hasn't helped.

I've included this picture, in case it helps.

All Microphones working, but not working. fd22a0a4-34f6-4e38-aeb3-bef38df6c933?upload=true.png

:)

Jaaabrocon, Jul 9, 2018

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 9, 2018
  4. All Microphones working, but not working.

microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

All Microphones working, but not working.

1. All Microphones working, but not working. - Similar Threads - Microphones working working

2. microphone is not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is not working at all: microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-at-all/211a2ce1-dd7e-4b8b-a8c1-c9b6189b56a3
  3. microphone is not working at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone is not working at all: microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-at-all/211a2ce1-dd7e-4b8b-a8c1-c9b6189b56a3
  4. My microphone doesn't work at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone doesn't work at all.: Hi!So i got a new lanovo laptop with a single 3.5mm jack.As i plugged in my headphones and started a discord call i realised that the microphone wasn't working at all and its just static. I thought it was a driver issue so updated the driver that didn't work. So i bought new...
  5. My microphone doesn't work at all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone doesn't work at all.: Hi!So i got a new lanovo laptop with a single 3.5mm jack.As i plugged in my headphones and started a discord call i realised that the microphone wasn't working at all and its just static. I thought it was a driver issue so updated the driver that didn't work. So i bought new...
  6. Microphone not working- tried all suggestions

Microphone not working- tried all suggestions: I am using a msi laptop with windows 10 and a playmax universal headset. When anything is plugged into the headphone jack the mic does not work. I have tried all the suggestions but nothing has worked. it wont pick up on my headset and it also does not detect any input from...
  7. My microphone is all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone is all of a sudden not working: Ever since I've gotten hit with the "Conexant Audio" stuff i managed to install the default Corsair Drivers for my headset But now my mic Is not working, Instead i get some buzzing/static in my left ear when i have my mic plugged in, not 100% of the time but whenever i try...
  8. Audio microphone will not work at all

Audio microphone will not work at all: last night my microphone cut out randomly and didn't turn back on, even after running troubleshooter, I'm pretty stuck here. I've tested the mic through other means so I know its not the problem. it is set as default device as well. realtek driver Any help is greatly...
  9. my microphone will not work at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my microphone will not work at all: when i open discord and call, they can't hear me same with zoom everything is enabled, i checked the settings i even updated windows and restarted my mic output is just 0 what do i do????...
  10. All usb microphone inputs not working

All usb microphone inputs not working: So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's...