Windows 10: All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened

Discus and support All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was messing around in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition's files because of an unrelated issue when I gave myself full access to the WindowsApps folder. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GamerMarcus646, Jan 3, 2021.

1. All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened

I was messing around in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition's files because of an unrelated issue when I gave myself full access to the WindowsApps folder. This caused my Minecraft to stop launching all together. I then created a copy of all my files, then tried to reinstall Minecraft through the Microsoft Store. However, the Microsoft Store crashed instantly. I tried reinstalling the Microsoft store, but that didn't work so I checked the Event Viewer. The Event Viewer logged 3 errors, sorted by which ones came first:

Error: Application Error, Event ID 1000, Task Category 100

Faulting application name: BackgroundTaskHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x1d3a15e7

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xec58f015

Exception code: 0x00000004

Fault offset: 0x000000000002d759

Faulting process id: 0x3e2c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e205a622fa2d

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\BackgroundTaskHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 933b925c-dc80-44b4-8b3e-b78d2ef2a471

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_1000.19041.423.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Error: Application Error, Event ID 1000, Task Category 100

Faulting application name: BackgroundTaskHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x1d3a15e7

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xec58f015

Exception code: 0x00000004

Fault offset: 0x000000000002d759

Faulting process id: 0x3734

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e205a9251c0e

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\BackgroundTaskHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: a9f0fd00-1f71-4cba-8485-6b2efbeb3281

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_1000.19041.423.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Error: DistributedCOM, Event ID 10010, Task Category None

The server Microsoft.WindowsStore_12011.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I want to know what these errors mean and how to get UWP apps back.

:)

GamerMarcus646, Jan 3, 2021

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 3, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened

1. All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Apps

2. Facebook Messenger App Downloaded Via App Store Opens and Crashes instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook Messenger App Downloaded Via App Store Opens and Crashes instantly.: List from event viewer below...Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 30/11/2022 10:08:30 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: Application Crashing Events Level: Error Keywords: User: DESKTOP-50S8R05\My Computer: DESKTOP-50S8R03 Description: Faulting application name:...
  3. Facebook Messenger App Downloaded Via App Store Opens and Crashes instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger App Downloaded Via App Store Opens and Crashes instantly.: List from event viewer below...Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 30/11/2022 10:08:30 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: Application Crashing Events Level: Error Keywords: User: DESKTOP-50S8R05\My Computer: DESKTOP-50S8R03 Description: Faulting application name:...
  4. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I also needing to see the final answer for my bugs! The subjects tell you my computer have a problem! But the normal fix is useless. Can you help me find the advanced repair Microsoft Store?I have asked a time but not works. Here: https://bit.ly/3GaOtXDMaybe someone can help...
  5. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I also needing to see the final answer for my bugs! The subjects tell you my computer have a problem! But the normal fix is useless. Can you help me find the advanced repair Microsoft Store?I have asked a time but not works. Here: https://bit.ly/3GaOtXDMaybe someone can help...
  6. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

7. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I wanted to open Microsoft Store and repair other UWP apps, but I tried wsreset.exe, access is denied. Then I tried Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage then Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  8. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I wanted to open Microsoft Store and repair other UWP apps, but I tried wsreset.exe, access is denied. Then I tried Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage then Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

10. Microsoft store and all apps installed from it instantly close once opened

Microsoft store and all apps installed from it instantly close once opened: I have been having this issue for a few months now, after i left my laptop and it was fully dead for a week the store and apps started working, but the next day the issue reappeared, once the app opens only the function bar and borders appear for less than a second then the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Faulting application name: StoreApps.exe version: 0.0.0.0 time stamp: 0x612f10b6