Windows 10: All Minimized Windows Open When I Click on Just One Icon in the Taskbar

Discus and support All Minimized Windows Open When I Click on Just One Icon in the Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problem: When I click on just one minimized windows icon in the Task Bar, ALL the minimized windows open. Circumstances: This problem occurs if the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeonardoDV, Nov 18, 2019.

1. All Minimized Windows Open When I Click on Just One Icon in the Taskbar

Problem: When I click on just one minimized windows icon in the Task Bar, ALL the minimized windows open.

Circumstances: This problem occurs if the computer has just come out of sleep mode and I click on one icon or if the computer is running but there hasn't been any user input for 10 minutes or so and I click on one icon. Sometimes the same opening of all windows will occur just by hovering minimized windows icons in the Task Bar.

This is not a windows maximizing or positioning problem. The problem is the windows opening on their own, without my selection; they open in the position and size I had them before I minimized them to the Task Bar.

What I've tried that has not fixed the problem:

• Installed latest video card drivers
    • Uninstalled/reinstalled the mouse, Microsoft wireless laser
    • Tried a different mouse, uninstalled/reinstalled, Logitech wireless optical
    • Ease of Access setting - Control Panel/Ease of Access Center/"Make the mouse easier to use" - "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse -- checking and and unchecking the box made no difference

:)

LeonardoDV, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 18, 2019
  3. NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Nov 18, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

All Minimized Windows Open When I Click on Just One Icon in the Taskbar

Help!, windows taskbar disapeared!!!

Try Ctrl+Esc.

If Recycle Bin is the only icon you can see, open it, from the explorer window navigate to Control Panel and find Taskbar settings there.

btarunr, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

All Minimized Windows Open When I Click on Just One Icon in the Taskbar

1. All Minimized Windows Open When I Click on Just One Icon in the Taskbar - Similar Threads - Minimized Open Click

2. All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimizing when I click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimizing when I click: All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimize when I clickWhile clicking any window currently open is randomly minimized does not matter what app is open nor how many times I click...
  3. All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimizing when I click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimizing when I click: All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimize when I clickWhile clicking any window currently open is randomly minimized does not matter what app is open nor how many times I click...
  4. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  5. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  6. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons

Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons: Since the last week the computer has gone into a mode where the taskbar and window interaction icons cannot be clicked. Chrome tabs cannot be interacted with. Keyboard navigation works. The Mouse doesn't seem to have anything to do with it-- neither external mouse nor...
  8. Minimize all apps when i click on the desktop

Minimize all apps when i click on the desktop: Let's say I have a window open but not maximized, in such a way that I can still see part of my desktop wallpaper. Is there a way to minimize the window by clicking on the desktop? Thanks....
  9. When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize

in Windows 10 Support
    When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize: It used to be that when you had a window open you could minimize it by clicking it corresponding icon in the task bar. that feature appears to no longer work and you must open each window individually and go to the minimize icon in that window to minimize it. or you can hover...
  10. How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar: I have pinned MS Word and Excel to my taskbar and when I right click either icon, the last used files are listed. On Win 7 there was a way of increasing the number of files showing on this list, if I remember well. Since I have 5 pinned files on top of the list, there is not...