Windows 10: All Modern Apps Nonfunctional Including Store (tried everything)

Discus and support All Modern Apps Nonfunctional Including Store (tried everything) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please help me. Or upvote if you have/had/heard of a similar issue. I have an Alienware 17 R4 running Win10 (probably, I would rather have a better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LazyMarch, Mar 14, 2020.

1. All Modern Apps Nonfunctional Including Store (tried everything)

Please help me. Or upvote if you have/had/heard of a similar issue.

I have an Alienware 17 R4 running Win10 (probably, I would rather have a better brand but they're the only ones that offered a payment plan). This all started today at about 6 pm when I couldn't install the new version of State of Decay 2. I assumed that it was because GamingServices wasn't running, and learned I couldn't get it to start despite being enabled. The reality is that nothing would install from the Microsoft Store, and upon going through steps to fix the problems I had I slowly reduced the functionality of all the modern apps on my PC to nothing.

As an advanced user, I've fiddled with the permissions of WindowsApps and SystemApps before to disable or delete unwanted apps that Microsoft deems are "too important" like YourPhone, ZuneMusic, Skype, and Cortana. I have had full control over it for a long time and deleted garbage apps long ago and these issues only happened recently. But I've heard that taking ownership (and by extent actually having access to the folder) can cause problems. I've tried giving access back to SYSTEM but that doesn't seem to help. It is actually supposed to be owned by TrustedInstaller but that is apparently an invalid object; despite this, reinstalling Win10 restored ownership to it and the apps were still busted. I've tried hundreds of times to use various powershell commands to get the apps to reinstall and they do not regain functionality upon being reinstalled despite giving me no errors, or the errors that are given are meaningless. I have even tried reinstalling Windows as stated earlier, and I can't use error logs to find missing folders because there are no errors; the folders are all there. Not even using a different user account works, despite being paraded as the guaranteed temporary solution basically everywhere. This issue apparently has not been a problem with anyone with a voice since at least September of last year as all of the posts I've found on the internet are older than that, but it is clear that this has been a practically unsolved problem with Win10 for YEARS and the few who DID or DO have this issue are doomed to trash their system. If anyone has any experience with fixing this please share it with me. I am unable to make use of my gamepass sub or play any of my games or use any of the few apps that are useful to me like Calculator and Stickynotes and don't want to unsub as I will lose the 50% discount. The rest of my computer is fine, of course, so it's not enough to make me send it back (despite my keyboard being fried already; using a USB keyboard right now, and had to reinstall the bogus Japanese keyboard driver to get the main keyboard to stop sending it's short circuited signals every time the system has a major update), and the nature of my computing needs (games) means that a new PC will be excessively beyond my budget (college student) anyway, so my main priority is getting the apps to work again on THIS system. I'm already convinced that it will be very hard if not impossible, but please share if you now anything at all.

submitted by /u/LazyMarch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LazyMarch, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. All Modern Apps Nonfunctional Including Store (tried everything) :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps

Read more...

Brink, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

All Modern Apps Nonfunctional Including Store (tried everything)

reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

All Modern Apps Nonfunctional Including Store (tried everything)

1. All Modern Apps Nonfunctional Including Store (tried everything) - Similar Threads - Modern Apps Nonfunctional

2. Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional: Ever since I had reinstalled windows 10 on my computer several months ago, the Microsoft store has not been opening and any app that runs through it won't work. On apps I've tried to install elsewhere not through the store I have always gotten the same error: 800700B7. I've...
  3. Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional: Ever since I had reinstalled windows 10 on my computer several months ago, the Microsoft store has not been opening and any app that runs through it won't work. On apps I've tried to install elsewhere not through the store I have always gotten the same error: 800700B7. I've...
  4. Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store

All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store: Basically they're not startingThey don't even give any error messages except for Photos and Movies & TV which shows the message"The app didn't start." along with the path of the file above the messagealso Microsoft Store isn't starting not even with a error message it just...
  6. Microsoft Store Nonfunctional

Microsoft Store Nonfunctional: My Microsoft Store App is completely broken. I've run the basic troubleshooter and it led me to Reset the App from Apps & Features however the Microsoft Store is missing from that list. The app button is available on my Start menu but when I click it the window opens with...
  7. i try everything to my windows store app

i try everything to my windows store app: when i want to open my windows 10 default apps, it keeps closing everytime i open it, every single default app ( Microsoft Store Apps) including calculator, camera, weather, and Microsoft Store itself. i try everything on internet but it doesnt solved at all. i've done...
  8. Refresh removed all apps, including microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refresh removed all apps, including microsoft store: Hi, I refreshed my computer last night because it was a little slow. But when I cam back to my computer, all my apps are gone. I know that it removes all apps, but this is different. Microsoft Store, calculator, movies and TV, groove music, etc. are all gone and I don't...
  9. Can't open "show all" in Store, tried everything

Can't open "show all" in Store, tried everything: Hi, folks, ok, since 17th Oct with the new FCU new surprise also came out: The new -iconed and -named Microsoft Store opens but when I click on show all links nothing is showing. The only links working are those for music and films and tv. Already tried wsreset.exe, reset...
  10. Modern apps crash (including windows store)

Modern apps crash (including windows store): Hey I'm the owner of a SB. Already a first time my start menu, doesnt appeared I lost a full day + one night to fix the bug, SFC /scannow didnt work neither health restore but I get it worked by this solutionhttp://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-...in-10-minutes/ (seemingly the...