Windows 10: All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?!

Discus and support All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. The problem with my Windows 10 is that sometimes Windows slows down and then resets Windows suddenly to the desktop. All the active windows are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HamidSeyed, Nov 29, 2018.

1. All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?!

Hello. The problem with my Windows 10 is that sometimes Windows slows down and then resets Windows suddenly to the desktop. All the active windows are closed and the task bar at the bottom suddenly goes empty and starts to re-arrange the tool. This problem sometimes occurs when copy-paste something and then refresh the page, and sometimes it is followed by a right click on an item. This is a terrible thing on my nerves and I have it since long time ago. I don't know if this is a problem with Windows 10 itself OR because of some software I've installed OR what??!! please help me out.

My Windows 10 version is 1803 with latest update installed.

Installed software : 7GIF - Mirilis Action! - AnyToISO - BatteryCare - Bulk Rename Utility - CCleaner - Cheat Engine - Cheatbook - Easy GIF Animator - Flash Renamer - Folder Marker - FDM - Freemake video converter - google chrome - handbrake - hide folders - hotspot shield - opoosoft image to pdf converter - imgburn - idm - iobit unlocker - media preview - mixpad - mkvtoolnix - windows movie maker - potplayer - recover my files - share it - tag scanner - total (audio)(movie)(image) converter - virtual clone drive - windroye - winiso - wise auto shut down - xwidget AND your uninstaller.

:)

HamidSeyed, Nov 29, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 29, 2018
  4. steelkane Win User

All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?!

How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

steelkane, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?!

1. All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?! - Similar Threads - active suddenly close

2. Why is my windows activation suddenly stopped?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is my windows activation suddenly stopped?: I've been using genuine Windows and have activated it, why is it suddenly stopped now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-activation-suddenly-stopped/ecf1afd2-be56-4317-8c47-ddf825f32f6d
  3. Why is my windows activation suddenly stopped?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows activation suddenly stopped?: I've been using genuine Windows and have activated it, why is it suddenly stopped now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-activation-suddenly-stopped/ecf1afd2-be56-4317-8c47-ddf825f32f6d
  4. Why is my windows activation suddenly stopped?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why my system suddenly shows me "Activate Windows"?

Why my system suddenly shows me "Activate Windows"?: I've bought this Laptop which was along with windows 10 and been using this Laptop for more than 2 years and all of a sudden after recent updates I get this message to Activate Windows. I tried the troubleshoot option as well. It throws a error as below....
  6. Why my system suddenly shows me "Activate Windows"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my system suddenly shows me "Activate Windows"?: I've bought this Laptop which was along with windows 10 and been using this Laptop for more than 2 years and all of a sudden after recent updates I get this message to Activate Windows. I tried the troubleshoot option as well. It throws a error as below....
  7. Why my system suddenly shows me "Activate Windows"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. why did my laptop all of the sudden tell me that I had to activate my Windows 10, since it...

why did my laptop all of the sudden tell me that I had to activate my Windows 10, since it...: I purchased a "renovated" Lenovo ThinkPad T420 laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed. Within the past 2 months I've been getting notifications that I would have to "activate" my Windows software. I've been searching for the product key, but the computer didn't come with any...
  9. Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?: My tray now has every item that was on my desktop. I don't know what happened or how to correct the problem. My desktop still has all the icons folders, etc. Wondering if anybody can explain what happened and how to restore my situation to before the event?...
  10. My Windows Giving Me An Error All Of A Sudden

My Windows Giving Me An Error All Of A Sudden: Hi, my windows is giving me an error code 0x8007232B. Tried to google the solution and I couldn't find one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-giving-me-an-error-all-of-a-sudden/04762f5b-1645-471c-b7a2-06d3d0fc54c6