Windows 10: All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?!

Discus and support All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. The problem with my Windows 10 is that sometimes Windows slows down and then resets Windows suddenly to the desktop. All the active windows are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HamidSeyed, Nov 29, 2018.

1. All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?!

Hello. The problem with my Windows 10 is that sometimes Windows slows down and then resets Windows suddenly to the desktop. All the active windows are closed and the task bar at the bottom suddenly goes empty and starts to re-arrange the tool. This problem sometimes occurs when copy-paste something and then refresh the page, and sometimes it is followed by a right click on an item. This is a terrible thing on my nerves and I have it since long time ago. I don't know if this is a problem with Windows 10 itself OR because of some software I've installed OR what??!! please help me out.

My Windows 10 version is 1803 with latest update installed.

Installed software : 7GIF - Mirilis Action! - AnyToISO - BatteryCare - Bulk Rename Utility - CCleaner - Cheat Engine - Cheatbook - Easy GIF Animator - Flash Renamer - Folder Marker - FDM - Freemake video converter - google chrome - handbrake - hide folders - hotspot shield - opoosoft image to pdf converter - imgburn - idm - iobit unlocker - media preview - mixpad - mkvtoolnix - windows movie maker - potplayer - recover my files - share it - tag scanner - total (audio)(movie)(image) converter - virtual clone drive - windroye - winiso - wise auto shut down - xwidget AND your uninstaller.

:)

HamidSeyed, Nov 29, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 29, 2018
  4. steelkane Win User

All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?!

How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

steelkane, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?!

1. All my active windows suddenly close and throw me to the desktop, WHY?! - Similar Threads - active suddenly close

2. my windows camera is suddenly closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows camera is suddenly closing: windows camera is suddenly closing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-camera-is-suddenly-closing/b61f72ab-76ef-4ee6-87d2-a792bb7d891f
  3. My Windows PC is suddenly not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows PC is suddenly not activated: My computer has been activated for over two years and then today when I booted it up the watermark in the corner telling me to activate windows had appeared. when I went to the settings, it said windows can't be activated on the device right now and gave me the error code...
  4. Why is Windows 10 suddenly not activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows 10 suddenly not activated: Why is Windows 10 suddenly not activated, as a result. I can't open my Word and other Office Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-suddenly-not-activated/08125297-22eb-48e9-8f1c-27f15358b4c3
  5. Cortana hears me but disappears all of a sudden

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but disappears all of a sudden: After the last update in october I can say "hey Cortana" and she will pop up and display that she is listening, then she just terminates. I know she hears me because she is logging what i say on the microsoft site. I've tried reinstalling with the powershell command, I've...
  6. My Netflix keep closing on me, why is this happening?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Netflix keep closing on me, why is this happening?: In The middle watching a movie My Netflix shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-netflix-keep-closing-on-me-why-is-this/918547ac-6207-4449-8ddd-fe163d0aaa3c
  7. Why are the (minimize, resize , and close) buttons suddenly blue in my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are the (minimize, resize , and close) buttons suddenly blue in my laptop ?: They sometimes go back to white and this does not happen to all the tabs that i open. Windows 10 64 bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/why-are-the-minimize-resize-and-close-buttons/c162a9c7-ecd9-4a69-a052-c1d5b8731adf
  8. reCaptcha is not working for me all of a sudden (Windows 10)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    reCaptcha is not working for me all of a sudden (Windows 10): I have had nothing but problems with Google's reCaptcha - it is the one that asks you to click on "all the street signs" or all the cars, etc. I am not able to bypass it no matter how hard I try. Any suggestions? I am not using a VPN and this has never been an issue until...
  9. Windows 10 activated but the 'Office' is now closed to me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activated but the 'Office' is now closed to me: Hi, I have Windows 10 version 1607 but for more than a month I have not been able to open Office.I bought a new Packard-Bell imedia with 8.1 already loaded then in August 2015 it was upgraded free.Just after last Christmas I could not use any of the Office. The only part I...
  10. Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden: I have installed the Anniversary update and 2 updates since then and all of the sudden my desktop is slow and unresponsive. Icons on the task bar do not highlight when the cursor passes over them. If you let the cursor sit on an icon for a while it may highlight. Any dialog...