Windows 10: All my audio devices get auto-muted after I leave my computer idle for a while

Discus and support All my audio devices get auto-muted after I leave my computer idle for a while in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 15 years of working with computers and I haven't seen this before. Any time I leave my computer inactive for a while (~30+ minutes), when I come back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/florvas, Apr 6, 2020.

1. All my audio devices get auto-muted after I leave my computer idle for a while

15 years of working with computers and I haven't seen this before. Any time I leave my computer inactive for a while (~30+ minutes), when I come back to it all of my audio devices have been muted. Going to the sound center, they don't even appear - only one (Realtek Digital Output) does, and it's not one that is used. When I go to troubleshoot though, all 6 of the devices that should be present, are. Windows troubleshooting actually fixes the problem - says the device was muted, and the issue was resolved. Fine and dandy that it gets fixed, but it's a bit annoying going into my sound menu several times a day to deal with it. Especially when that audio restoration doesn't apply to applications I have open until I restart them.

submitted by /u/florvas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/florvas, Apr 6, 2020
  2. pepanee Win User

Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?

Hi, I'm looking for an app that I can record certain soundbytes to, and once that app recognizes one second of that same exact sound byte, it will auto-mute the audio on the computer for a certain amount of time, for example, say like 20 seconds, then un-mute the audio.

Thanks

pepanee, Apr 7, 2020
  3. tconnery Win User
    Dell Latitude Mic is Auto-Muting

Hello community. I have read older posts in regard to mic's muting themselves with no consistent solution it seems. I've updated drivers, and have tried a number of self-help scenarios.

What I know is this:

My laptop has a function key to mute or unmute the system realtek mic. (Function-F4)

The OS recording device properties tie into the keyboard functionality and also allows me to set gain, level, mute, and unmute.

Regardless if I unmute from the function key or OS setting, the mic will auto-mute itself.

Sometimes auto-mute occurs in seconds, other times it's when I open Skype or MS Teams. I can never exactly tell when it's going to mute.

Yes, I have unchecked "Allow apps to take exclusive control.." option on the Realtek recording device.

The device is called "Microphone Array" in Windows.

I have two devices under sound, video, and game contorllers in device manger:

Intel(R) Display Audio

Realtek Audio

Audio Inputs and Outputs in Device Manager:

Microphone Array (Realtek Audio)

Speakers/Headphones (Realtek Audio)

Ideas?

tconnery, Apr 7, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

All my audio devices get auto-muted after I leave my computer idle for a while

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

All my audio devices get auto-muted after I leave my computer idle for a while

1. All my audio devices get auto-muted after I leave my computer idle for a while - Similar Threads - audio devices auto

2. Blue Screen every time I leave my computer Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen every time I leave my computer Idle: Hi-I keep on getting blue screens whenever I leave my computer idle overnight. The report says:Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 101Parameter 1: 6Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: fffff80210225180Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version:...
  3. Blue Screen every time I leave my computer Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen every time I leave my computer Idle: Hi-I keep on getting blue screens whenever I leave my computer idle overnight. The report says:Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 101Parameter 1: 6Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: fffff80210225180Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version:...
  4. Output audio device keeps getting "muted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output audio device keeps getting "muted": Issue: Whenever I plug in my earphones, my laptop does not immediately recognize it and instead continues playing audio through its built-in speakers.My workaround so far has been to run the troubleshooter and it'll work after it "unmutes" the device. I don't quite understand...
  5. My audio is muted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My audio is muted?: It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots the problem. the lady then says its muted and that she unmuted it but when i go to click on it again, it just troubleshoots...
  6. BSOD after I leave computer on for a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after I leave computer on for a while: Hello there I have uploaded the specs on the systeminfo (should be in my profile). Windows version: 18363.1379 I am running into an issue, whenever I leave the computer on for a while or sometimes at random intervals when I turn on the screen, it shows a black screen, then...
  7. Onscreen device mutes my audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onscreen device mutes my audio.: For several weeks a black and white device has appeared on the upper left portion of my screen. It has a slider to control the audio. That slider is permanently set on total mute. I can slide it to permit audio to be heard. The slider always returns to the mute position....
  8. Windows 10 Audio Devices all of them automatically disable/mute when the computer is idle...

Windows 10 Audio Devices all of them automatically disable/mute when the computer is idle...: I've found that when my computer is idle for a decent amount of time usually around 45 minutes, but it's never exact, and happens more commonly when I have an application actively running, I'll return to my computer to find that no audio is available for it. When I pull open...
  9. Windows 10 Audio Devices all of them automatically disable/mute when the computer is idle...

Windows 10 Audio Devices all of them automatically disable/mute when the computer is idle...: I've found that when my computer is idle for a decent amount of time usually around 45 minutes, but it's never exact, and happens more commonly when I have an application actively running, I'll return to my computer to find that no audio is available for it. When I pull open...
  10. All of my audio devices turn (and stay) off after my computer's been inactive for a while

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my audio devices turn (and stay) off after my computer's been inactive for a while: 15 years of working with computers and I haven't seen this before. Any time I leave my computer inactive for a while (~45+ minutes), when I come back to it all of my audio devices have been muted. Going to the sound center, they don't even appear - only one (Realtek Digital...